xisto Community
TheArrow

What Is Lucid Dreaming? And how to do it

While I have not tried this myself *yet* I would just like to point out that Lucid Dreaming and Astral Projection are two quite difference things. LD involves having dreams in which you are in control of all aspects of the dream (think like the Matrix only you control the reality) whereas AP is leaving your body and wandering around (think like a ghost). Obviously in AP you cannot change anything as you are not creating a reality you are just moving through actual reality without any physical form. I have only had very limited experience with AP as I have not tried it in earnest and only experienced it by accident a couple of times. If any one has some good links on how to teach yourself AP, please post it! :)

I'm fine with the concept of lucid dreaming, but I think people have made it seem more "mystical" than it really is.Your brain controls your dreams. If you can learn to tell when you are dreaming and control your brain without causing too much brain activity (and making yourself wake up) then you can control your dreams.

Can lucid dreaming be dangerous? What happens if I'm so used to lucid dreaming that I might mix reality with a dream? If that happens then there's going to be a lot of lucid dreamers jumping off high buildings!

Can lucid dreaming be dangerous? What happens if I'm so used to lucid dreaming that I might mix reality with a dream? If that happens then there's going to be a lot of lucid dreamers jumping off high buildings!

This is actually covered in that book right off the bat. It says that, that is a potential risk although they have never had it happen. I have been doing this lucid dreaming thing for some time, and it has not yet happened. I wrote about this during the beginning of the post. Oh well. Guess just keep on working towards that one goal!

Same here, I started trying this out a little over a year ago. I have had 2 vivid dreams, which I guess could be called lucid, but I still have to realize that I am dreaming and take control. The method that worked best for me has been the wake back to bed method. although its kind of difficult to do, since I normally dont go to bed early.

It just could not work for me.MILD could not work for me,the more I repeat "I'm going to dream now. I'm in a dream. I'm aware of my dream."the more I could not sleep.WILD did not work too, the colour dot did not became any clearer.WBTB did not work also, I just could not get lucid dream.

I've also experienced many lucid dreams after a lot of efforts on my behalf. t gets quite easier when you start to remember most of your dreams (people either forget their dreams or forget that they even had one)...The secret is to write all the dreams you see the moment you wake up to start remembering them more easily and maybe sleeping more than usually...I only had lucid dreams when I was sleeping more than 8 hours....Also, don't forget to check for astral projection too. Even though It has vague similarities, it's still another thing people should research and try with all their strength to accomplish for the mere beauty of the results...

Man you have no idea what i would do if i could gain control over my dreams. I actually did it once while dreaming this guy killing me i thought i had big arms and i killed him. So yah it was fun. Thanks what i did was fluke now i will learn and master it.

Lucid dreaming is having total command of your dream-scape while in a state of deep sleep. I've been able to do it since I was a kid, but it is dangerous, in that once you have total control, you in effect have an alternate reality that you can escape into - the 'created' world suits you so perfectly (it would, since you created it) that you don't really want to leave. It can lead to sleep states that lasts for a day or several days - I wouldn't recommend that anyone truly master the technique, especially if your 'outside' life isn't so hot.A more scientific analysis of lucid dreaming: Ever wonder why your dreams appear so 'real' even though the most ridiculous things happen in them? Well, what happens is that in deep sleep your brain produces certain inhibitors - substances that disable certain 'logic centers' within the brain, thus PREVENTING you from properly analyzing the 'dream-world. Some theories about lucid-dreaming state that in the case of people who master lucid dreaming, their brains either do NOT produce these inhibitors in sufficient amounts in the first place, or if they do, these people learn to train their brains NOT to produce them.Since I've always been capable of lucid dreaming, I assume that my brain falls into the 'lacking' category, hehehehe.I see no advantage or disadvantage to lucid dreaming. If anything there is a disadvantage, as I said, a world that you can create yourself is so perfect you never want to leave..

There are some really cool techniques if you arent capable to lucid dream. Such as the wake back to bed method. Where you sleep like one hour earlier than you are used to and then wake up about 3 hours earlier than you are used to. To the point where you sleep only 5 hours I think. So when you wake up in the morning, you stay up for about 45 minutes to an hour, checkin your email or anything you like. And after that time, go back to sleep. Most of the times you will have a lucid dream. Pretty cool.

Hmm... I have never actualy herd of this. Thank you for the post, going to have a read about it now. I actualy wish I could control my dreams, try something out, see what I would be like if I won the lottery or something. Then I would never want to wake up! :P.

I've never been able to achieve lucid dreaming. I've heard about it thru friends, and also read about it. I'm definitely going to try and get it to work because it seems like it could be fun. A friend of mine liked to brag, saying he could do it all the time now...but I think it's more complicated then that.Has anyone had success in here? I too...like it when I realize I'm having a dream, but I still have trouble controlling it. I always seem to realize and then it's like a second later that I wake up.I'll have to practice this. Thanks for the links.

I used to be really good at this.... I can have almost 1 lucid dream every day. But for some reason it doesn't work anymore.