xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cwalden

Why To Put Adsense For Inclusion Of Site?

Why would you want to place advertising on your cool site just to submit your site to google? You can put <meta> tags on your webpage to add your site to google/search company, like the following:

<meta name="keywords" content="cool site,slick site" /><meta name="author" content="cwalden" />

Notice from mayank:
Edited topic title.

well, you are certainly right that we can use the meta tags for the inclusion of the site. however things change and so have search engines. Earlier meta tags were enough for the search engine optimization but they were used to bring false results as anyone can use anykind of KEYWORD...however now the search engine wants to make sure that the search results must be completely accurate and for that they use different technology and different ways to index and include the site.It is not neccessary to include the ads however including the adsense will make sure that your site will be scanned by the Google Bots and thus it get the chance of getting scanned much faster.Although it is not required to have the adsense for search engine to crawl your site...!

Yes, I can say by my own experience that if you place adsense advertising on your new page, it will be indexed much faster. With adsense takes to be indexed less than a week. It's nothing bad!

From my personal experience, I tell this does not work. Google did not crawl my site for indexing even after putting their ADs for more than a month.(May be they have modified the practice now). Better go and submit your site formally.And one more thing, most smaller search engines are linked with Yahoo Search. So it's a better idea to keep Yahoo also in mind.

Wait, can anyone confirm that adsense will actually speed up the crawling of the site?And while I'm on this topic, does your domain have an influence? I was using my xxx.trap17.com domain for around a year, and I was indexed but barely(even with my sitemap up for 7+ months). Along with that, I still had a PR of 0, although I had a LOT of sites linking back to me(due to posting on forums, other sites trading links, posting on blogs, etc.)Do you think that having a TLD(http://www.xxx.com/) will help out with that issue as well, or does it not matter?

Absolutely wrong. There are many sites which are not at all publishers of Adsense and not even have Google analytics or any Google products code embeded into their site but they still have better ranking. It doesn't matter if you use google products into your website. But using them can help get visitors (Read: not Google bots) As more visitors means more backlinks and in turn Google bots will find you with or without any of their product code embeded into their webpage. Even excessive use of META tags is punished by Search engines like yahoo,google and MSN. Using Adsense/YPN/MSN publisher program to force web crawlers to crawl website is myth and it has no base at all.If you want to get indexed and get crawl periodically then sign up to these services like : Google Webmaster tools, Yahoo Site explorer, MSN Live Webmasters. These are the places where you can analyze how their bots crawl your site and how many backlinks you have and at which keyword your site is found on that search engine.

I had no luck with those sites at all with my other site(xxx.trap17.com). I had many backlinks, and could even see them using google search. If I were to search for my site there would be over 100 results, all showing the full address of my site. But Google webmasters, Yahoo site explorer still, after months, were showing that I had 0 backlinks.Do you know what could cause this to happen?

I have found that my sites have always been indexed faster when I put them up with Google Analytics, Google Ad-Words never did anything for my site, in fact the site in question was never indexed (1 1/2 years)... I have heard that submitting your website in googles web-master area helps, I usually just let the robots crawl my site.

Wait, can anyone confirm that adsense will actually speed up the crawling of the site?

And while I'm on this topic, does your domain have an influence? I was using my xxx.trap17.com domain for around a year, and I was indexed but barely(even with my sitemap up for 7+ months). Along with that, I still had a PR of 0, although I had a LOT of sites linking back to me(due to posting on forums, other sites trading links, posting on blogs, etc.)

Do you think that having a TLD(http://www.xxx.com/) will help out with that issue as well, or does it not matter?

Having a tld does not necassarily make it much faster. All it does is make it much more proffessional. My brother;s site is a .co.nr site and it appears much more quickly and ahead of other .com domains when using a generic search trigger. My site also is .co.cc (until i get a domain with trap 17 lol) and it appears much quicker. I think that the main reason you should get adsense is because of the money making prospect, so why not.

regarding AdSense, it can be a useful method for generating revenue on a content site that doesn't necessarily sell a product. This can still be a quality site, and beneficial to its visitors. The types of sites you're referring to are typically labeled 'MFA', an acronym for "Made For AdSense", and these sites typically provide little or no value to their visitors, as they're typically comprised of scraped or regurgitated content and advertising alone.

Google's search pages (AdWords), I don't believe these are related to Google's crawling and indexing your site - I'm pretty sure the two processes are unrelated. The best ways to get indexed in Google are to obtain links from related, quality websites, and to include a Google Site Map with your website. You can also obtain links by submitting your site to website directories, and by submitting on-topic articles to article directories, with a link to your site in the Resource Box.

However adsense can also be bad Its just too hard and costly to get visitors to a webpage, just to redirect them to someone else's website. I might make arrangements with other marketers so that I could send my visitors to an affiliate link, but I'd prefer to send visitors to a sales page or a squeeze page.

Once you get a visitor to your site, the best thing to do is get their contact information so that you can develope an ongoing relationship with that person.

Of course I'm talking about list building.

The object here is to make a "friend". Not introduce them to someone else so they can be their friend.

I see what you mean by that.I had my site on the top listings in Google when searching for it via our clan name and/or website name, but the issue is that I never got any "backlinks" according to Google.With my new site, I haven't started SEO'ing it yet, so I'll be doing that shortly. Hopefully I can resolve those issues that I had in the past.