xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CroSpartacus

The Worst Customers!

For those that work at a store, what is the worst customer you had to deal with?Chicken breasts were on sale buy 1 get 1 free b1g1 at my store, but it was supposed to be with an in-store coupon.The cashier calls me over (i work at the serv. desk) and said that the customer wanted to talk to someone. the guy says that he was "ripped off" because it didnt scan at b1g1. so I said "The chicken is free with a coupon, let me put that in for you." so i'm still at the register and i generate the coupon. the guy said that the sign didnt say you need a coupon, so I said "My understanding is that you needed a coupon, but let me call the department." normally, i would've been like "too bad" but i could tell the guy was mad, so to avoid confrontation, I chose to play that card. The market calls and is like "i dunno, let me read the sign" but the arrogant jackass says "Lets go in the back, I'll show you." so we go in the back, and it turns out the customer was right, the sign actually read "No Coupon Needed." So I apologize to the man and I said "I'm sorry, I was misinformed on the need for a coupon, but I will let my manager know." Rather than accepting the apology, he said "See, I was right. You've probably been ripping people off for days." and I said, "Well I apologize for that sir, but as I said, I will let my manager know as soon as I get back up to customer service." and he said "This is ridiculous! I can't believe this! I should at least get an apology!" and I said "Sir, I apologized. I said I will inform my manager." He continues to babble and I said "Sir, what else would you like me to do?" Not in an *BLEEP* type way, but literally, I wanted to know what he wanted me to do! He said "Change your system." Normally, I would lie and say that I would do it right away, but since I thought the man may call corporate, I figured I'ld stick to policy, so I said "I can't change the prices in the system like that, but my manager can and he will as soon as I tell him."Then the man said "This is why you shouldn't have questioned me." Now I started gettin pissed. We were still by the meat market, so at this point, I chose to start walking back to the front of the store so I could call the manager up. I said "Sir, I wasn't questioning you at all, I was simply going by what I knew. I apologized for that, but I still have to do my job." He then begins yelling, so I just walked away. Im walking up to the service desk and all the way from the back of the store down aisle three up to the service desk he is shouting at me telling me that I'm some 18-year-old-punk and all I do is have an attitude and question the customer. So as he is yelling at me I'm just repeating "Thank You Sir, have a good day. Thank you for shopping at Jewel. Have a nice day. Thank you sir, have a good day."I get up to customer service and he's still yelling and he's up at the service desk causing a scene so I go to the phone and call for 94 to the Service Desk. He's still saying "I'm not letting some 18-year old treat me like this." The manager calls and I said "You need to come up here, I'm getting screamed at." Before entering the bookroom I just said "Sir, I'm done waiting on you. The manager will be up here." The manager took it from there, but I was about ready to kick the man in the face.

i dont know where you live, but down here in sacramento thats when you call the plaza's security and tell them you are being harrased by a customer >_< then they just take them away, get your statement, and deal with them elsewhere...lol forget the manager they cant do much but the same thing, thank you sir, thank you for shoping at ___ so i would have just gone straight to the plaza's (most shopping places are in a large area of shopping places so its called a plaza) police, and tell them, or just call 911 and tell them.. simple as that :)but thats in sacramento no whwere you live it may be different, and you might have done the right thing, but i dont know because i dont know where you live hehe but yeah, gotta love people like that...you just feel like knocking the crap out of them, but here you cant do that unless they did it to you first....otherwise you'd loose your job ;)

Well, I dont work, but I have an example from my brothers work. He works at a pharmacy, and there was this guy who asked for his medicin, and he wouldnt give my brother his name, so he kept asking, and the guy kept getting mader and madder as my bro kept asking him for his name. This guy was getting so mad he started flailing his arms around, and he almost knocked over a basket of coupons infront of him, and my brother moved them away, so he wouldnt tip them over, so Mr Noname said that my brother threatned him. So, the crazy customer called in the manager, the manager said in the calmest voice to the man to leave, or he's call security, and he left. I think its just weird.

I hadnt had extreme situations like that happen to me yet.. had minor ones though. But heard a lot of stories about customers from hell and so forth.. There has been stories of a few that ended up degenerating to threats, but many of the agressors leave before the coppers can be called.

there are always customers trying to ripp you off or trying to get something more, but the only reason is that many times the companies try to rip us off as well (tell me that's not true?)...it's not your fault but whoever is in charge of doing those things should od it right or else you'll have to go through the trouble..anyways, many different kind of people in this world and you will run into them but that's life..u can do nothing about it.

Well, I understand your position here. As a son of a business owner of over 51 business chains, there are some absurd customers. You will have to treat them as they want -- even if they lose their temper. You could keep apologizing and say you would inform the manager, like you did; but you should've done it immediately, which could've quieted the enraged customer.Remember when the crazy customer said he wanted you to change the price? You should've said, I'll consider it and I will inform the manager ASAP. :) That would've quieted him down for a little while. You never want to insult a customer. From former experience, once, a homeless man ran into the business and started asking for water. At first, the manager stated to him that he couldn't have gratis water unless he was a customer of our business. The tramp was mad and started pestering the customers and telling them to not pay for their food because our business was a piece of "crap". We asked him nicely to leave, but he still wouldn't. We were considering calling the plaza security -- but he finally left when we have him a free water, so he wouldn't cause anymore trouble than he already did. That was a horrible experience.

Edited by BordaForx (see edit history)

It's nice to know we have a 36 restaraunt owner here at Xisto, a free host, that makes total sense.Anyways, customer service is a rough business. I myself have frequently taken part in customer issues that don't quite get handled so easily. Some people will understand issues that arise, others are immature and looking for that free buck or two. It's the way society is these days, absolutely pathetic individuals we live amongst. It would be a scary thing, me as a business owner, because I wouldn't be able to put up with crap from people, people you know who are trying to find a hole in a sale or be technical about a statement rather than the literal meaning. Throughout my days in the restaraunt service industry, the nice name for it, I have endured many encounters where customers became upset at what they were getting. Sometimes they would be nice about it, other times, it would get verbally intense. I've found that if I can stick my middle finger in their face without actually doing it, I feel much better afterwards and can leave the workplace feeling great...

I understand that, in fact I've witnessed the argument in your first post almost every time that I go into any particular store. People are idiots- we have to accept it. Maybe if he didn't have to be an idiot he might have heard what you actually said to him. Some people might never realize that age makes no difference to how THEY are acting. Hope you have better times in future problems.I understand that, in fact I've witnessed the argument in your first post almost every time that I go into any particular store. People are idiots- we have to accept it. Maybe if he didn't have to be an idiot he might have heard what you actually said to him. Some people might never realize that age makes no difference to how THEY are acting. Hope you have better times in future problems.

Hi CroSpartacus i am from Croatia to, can you tell me how can i gett web hosting account. It is urgently (Zivjela Hrvatska). <_<

Hi! to get a hosting accounting you need to have at least 10 credits. You get credits just by posting on the forums. When you have 10 credits then go here

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/9222-click-here-to-get-your-free-hosting-Xisto-free-web-hosting/

Fill out the form and then you have to wait for the administrator to approve.

Hope this helps! Bog!
Edited by CroSpartacus (see edit history)

Today our scales in the deli were messed up and when you type in the product such as krakus ham it would come up to something like beef, any way this lady was angre "I want it cut on the end slicer, on number ten, and I dont want anything on my cheese." ok, I cut it ring it up, it says gouda, Im like, ma'am the price is right but it has the wrong name, she says "WUT! did you put the wrong price on it?" I repeated myself, so as im cutting something else for her she says SIR SIR, i'm like yes, she says this has the wrong price its supposed to be onsale. I say it is, she says well what is the sale price for carando salami, so i tell her and she says then why does this say 5.99. Im like, because thats cheese ma'am you asked for the price for salami she's like oh..then as she's leaving she mumbles a "jeez I'm glad I'm moving'...and i responded with a sincere "ME TOO!"

I hated working in retail. ti is the only job in the world where everyone is your boss!have you met these customers yet?1 - the old guy who just wants to chat away with you forever but doesn't want to buy things.2 - the scum bag looking guy who's sneeking around the store with half the security team shodowing him.3 - the customer who thinks that you are a member of his personal staff and right from the start grabs a retail worker and has them basically follow them aroudnt he store explaining things?

Yeah there are millions of these *BLEEP*y customers that usually just walk around and try to cause a great deal of headaches. Well i worked as a degustator in one of the supermarkets and there is this guy that just doesn't stop cruising around the shop, buying nothing or maybe one or two milks (on he drink while he is in the shop so he doesn't have to pay for it). I was in that super market for a few times now and he is there always + i have seen him in many other markets too...People are really going crazy or they are so f"#!$ bored that they have to walk around the shop and degustate everything they can...I told the security and i think they cannot do much about it, because he doesn't do anything illegal except drinking milk (for what he had to pay). World is going nuts..greetz

the funniest stuff happens in call centers like on tech support. I heard some major funny stories from a call center for an ISP. They had this one old lady who called in saying her son was not getting the emails that she was sending him. These guys went through tons of trouble shooting. Then finally, the tech asked for the old lady to give him her sons address.... She gave him his mailing address... the old lady thought sending an email to a mailing address meant that the post office would print the email and mail it...another one was where a guy wanted to know why there was no sound coming from his computer. After checking sound card, drivers, etc. the tech asked if the speakers were plugged in. The guy said - what speakers? LOL... he wanted sound but didn't even have any speakers!

Hmm.. I work in customer service at a small grocery store, so we take care of everything, and sometimes it gets hectic XDBy now though, I think we go great enough lengths checking and double-checking everything, highlighting the little "limit please" or "with store coupon" notes on the signs... drawing little arrows on the sale signs that point up or down, towards the item, so they don't get an item off the wrong shelf u.u.. that most of the time when someone comes to complain, they're just trying to start trouble. No one can be that stupid, right? ; ;Anymore though, it doesn't seem safe to do.. anything. Like our credit/debt card machines. They slide their card, it starts processing, then it comes back with a popup on the checker's screen, saying it was approved, or giving a reason for the rejection if it wasn't. Yesterday someone used their card and the error message that popped up, instead of being the usual "Bad pin", "insufficient funds", etc.. was simply "Card fraud." None of us had seen that message before (and I've worked there full time for two years), and we weren't sure what to do. Can you take someone's credit card away from them? o.o if she really took it and it was reported stolen or something, then we did a good thing.. but if it was a mistake, then can you imagine the trouble? @.@In the end, the machine wouldn't take her card at all, so she paid with a check. Store policy is that we ID everyone who pays with a check, and get their license number and date of birth, in case the check bounces. She didn't want to do that either. XD;Customers get mad sometimes and say, "I'm never going to shop here again!" ..and I hope they're telling the truth o.o