xisto Community
OpaQue

Google Checkout! The Big Competitor For Paypal. Payment Processor, Payment Gateway - Checkout Google Checkout now

I agree that the name isn't terribly good, and I unfortunaly will not be able to use this until the extend it to outside the US. I refuse to use PayPal, as friends have had big problems with it. However Google seems to be having problems with making anything big other than its search engine and AdSense.

It would be relaly cool if google checkout and paypal could work be integrated together, so one can send money to google checkout via paypal. This is so that people don't have to transfer to bank account, then from bank account to google checkout again :)

Unfortunately Google Checkout is not available to UK users at this time :lol:Its a shame as it looks really good. when its released to UK users i will probably sign up straight away.

oh god I hope it reaches the shores of Australia, PayPal is all a bit too ~*slow*~ for me. but despite all the paypal sucks etc. I have never had a REAL problem that's really annoyed me to the point of boycott & a+ for customer service but I'm sure google could outdo them and win me!

At last, something to stop the monopoly of this site...Companies, when not affected by an antagonist tend to be what paypal was all these years, real sons of ***** :P ...It's not only the case that google will be presumably good (When at last it becomes world-wide) but also, that it will push paypal and make it become more user-friendly... Having a foot in your a*s tends to make someone work harder, they say...

OK the google brand name makes it special.But it is a pithy - really suprising to see sertificate errors on the site which are really irritating and could sway away many security conscious people.Also why does it ask for credit card info ?. I it going to debit my account.Also no domain sessing sites have support s of now and rare hosting sites like have started accepting google checkout.Also as paypal does transfer of money from one account another and stuff like donating funds id not currently supported.Overall i fell that sa of now those who have pay pal would think thrice before completely migrating to google checkout.I would not fall in for googles trap !

The only thing that might ruin it is if it's got the ridiculous fees like PayPal has. A lot of people have gotten so angry with PayPal and it's fees, they don't even use it anymore.It'll be cool if they have a Google auctions and use it there (if they do have a Google auctions, forgive me -- I'm stupid)

Paypal has covered many countries and is preferred and secure way to transfer money online so far, even Xisto also uses it, although the charges are a bit high.So for Google to compete successfully with Paypal it will require to lower down the charges, have a global presence (which is not difficult for Google) and also be innovative to introduce some features.

It looks WONDERFUL! :P I might actually use it. It might have some trouble beating out Paypal, but coming from google it seems at least to be reputable. Makes me wonder if Google will eventually own the entire internet or something...