xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
echo.defender

Google Is A Spy?

Google is a spy?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well this is a good topic.. google does have alot of access to getting alot of information from our sites our forums. and so on..But is their intent. to use it against us as a spyware.. or are they infact not releasing info, or snooping around into our private info..its really easy to point fingers and as a matter of fact you can pretty much point fingers at every site you visit, every program you use.. casue you have no idea if they are colelcting ifo on you or not but you can assume theat they are or that they are not..

Hmm.. my mom was talking about how there was this article about Google posting everything you searched for. I love Google, but it IS the information age, and Google keeps records of what goes on at their site, right? It depends on how they use it to determine if Google is a spy.. I'd have to see articles for myself. But if Google really did post all the stuff you searched for, then I would be pretty mad. It's an invasion of privacy..

LOL, you jokaaaa! Did you know that google earth works when you're not on the internet, so how they spying on us then? LOLLLL!

They talked about google and stuff like google earth. When you enter your ZIP/postal code in google earth, they know it and they write it down.

How do they know who's post code it is? I mean, I could enter random post codes, and they wouldn't know who's the post codes were.

In truth, movements seem more worried about Google earth. If I recall correctly, the Australian government really doesn't like it.

I think they do record data about what you search for etc, but they mainly use it to target ads. I trust Google more with the information because they seem unwilling to share it with other organisations/governments.
Edited by Yacoby (see edit history)

Why is that such a surprise? What Gmail is doing should probably be more worrying. But it seems people don't seem to care. I love Gmail myself, it's simply the best piece of software I've used in quite a while. It could always be better, but it is already very very goooooooooood.James

Hi. I don't feel google is a spy as they are a huge database themselves and if they would be doing this they would be betraying the trsut of millions of its users. Please don't accuse google. Thanks.

As it has grown, Google has found itself the focus of various controversies related to its business practices and services. For example, Google Print's effort to digitize millions of books and make the full text searchable has led to copyright disputes with the Authors Guild. Google's cooperation with the governments of China, France and Germany to filter search results in accordance to regional laws and regulations has led to claims of censorship. Google's persistent cookie and other information collection practices have led to concerns over user privacy. A number of governments have raised concerns about the security risks posed by geographic details provided by Google Earth's satellite imaging. Moreover, Google advertisers have filed several lawsuits against the company in 2006, claiming that up to 14-20% of the clicks on the bills were in fact fraudulent or invalid.

Actually, this is a good question. Maybe they are, ALIENS?!Could be, and if they are we are pretty much dead :blink:Owh *BLEEP*, if we talk about this, google knows, maybe they send robots to kill us *scared* ^^

If google did record this kind of data someone would already have profen this. THis is not hard to install a packet sniffer and see what connections your computer is making and what data is going in and out.By the way... send robots to control us? Are you serious? o.o

I think it might becuase...the spiders can go, see and index just about any site and file and it's kinda scary knowing that somone from godknows where know all about you and your site and all of your personal files on your webserver :blink:

well, so what if google is a spy?!?so what if they know everything about you. where you live, what you do, what are your hobbies.. i mean what are we like some criminals or something surfing the internet so we are afraid of spys.for google spying on us can only help us, by easier searches, better ranking pages etc..only criminals should be afraid of spys.. are you one? :blink:

I think we should all know by now that google isn't the spy. They've protected us for so long now. Everytime some company tries to get search data from them, they say no.And about the Google Earth issue: How are they gonna do anything with zip codes? If they didn't already know that we live in a certain area by us just visiting the site and giving them our IP, what would be the use of getting our zip codes? That wouldn't help anything.