xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
echo.defender

Google Is A Spy?

Google is a spy?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Google would not be allowed to spy on people its against many US and UK rules. They would be breaching Privacy and do you have any proof that google are spying on us?

well, so what if google is a spy?!?so what if they know everything about you. where you live, what you do, what are your hobbies.. i mean what are we like some criminals or something surfing the internet so we are afraid of spys.

for google spying on us can only help us, by easier searches, better ranking pages etc..

only criminals should be afraid of spys.. are you one?

no (although the most highest crime I've commited is downloading 3 gigs of songs and I hackd my parents pc's :blink: )...but still I don't like being followed around th net like a child
Edited by joedoe4_ (see edit history)

Yesterday, there was friends of my parents that went at our home to eat.

They talked about google and stuff like google earth. When you enter your ZIP/postal code in google earth, they know it and they write it down.

This mean that they are writting a HUGE database about everyone and soon, they will send robots to control us! they will know alot of things about you and me...

Do you agree?(Vote in the poll and leave a comment)

i dont think they are spy its very good atleast with it the whole world will be on the net and it will be very good in map reading. we can then locate a place without even travelling to that area its good but i will try to check wether my own city will be listed on that google earth. i know it works with Zip code so i dont consider it a spy but they code is stored in their database for future reference.

Google is definitely a spy, it collects all our information and tracks our internet usage through its Google Toolbar and Google Search. It also reads our GMail mails and keeps a history of all our activites with our Google Account in their servers.They use all this information for their ads and get more revenue.

Google is definitely a spy, it collects all our information and tracks our internet usage through its Google Toolbar and Google Search. It also reads our GMail mails and keeps a history of all our activites with our Google Account in their servers.
They use all this information for their ads and get more revenue.

sound about right

Ok, maybe not collecting your zip code, which even if it was applicable, would only mean our American buddies...Really, Google doesn't have no need of my zip code in Greece....even the one I have in Spain...Still, I really think that there's a collection-database where they are collecting ad-sensitive information, for example, what ads you click, what preferences you have...And that's common news...Unfortunately, even If we want to believe that way, internet is not thaaat anonymous as we would like to think...Especially for the people who know how it works and have the knowledge and tools to build....tools-again that can penetrate any system...(No matter how evolved, secure it is)

Google collects a lot of information about an individual and stores it their database is really huge they are using this data to serve well currently but who knows what next ,i personally don't like a company to keep record my habits and show me ads according to my habit ,it would actually make google no.1 advertising place which is what google after but not at the cost of my privacy ,if the guy larry wants to know about me he can in a click of button could know the entire digital history ,his browsers autofill thing can tell him all personal detailsObviously google is not currently using those information in any unethical way but they are there succesors could do it for profit and any company whose target audience is you, could track you (stalking you) to get their products down your throat . i love google but i really wont like google to know my personal habits

who and how spy on us

Google Is A Spy?

General Spotinov

10 years ago, my family won a Green card from the lottery and came to the United States, and settled in New York. Our first apartment was in Astoria. One of our countryman was called Spotinov, he was tall, pale, blond haired, had blue eyes, and was in his 60s. He introduced himself as a painter, who lived in New York for about 30 years and didn�t succeed as a painter. Before he was a professor, talented with great hopes for future. Europe was too small for his ambitions.

He was modestly dressed, and had modest behavior. He always had a Russian news paper in his hand, while cursing the government for his problems. He did not like to speak in English. People around him were sorry for him. Mostly for his bad luck, and often spoke with him about their difficulties. Everyone asked him for advice and trusted him as a more experienced average person. We would gather sometimes in a small caf� so we could see each other and share our problems and speak our native language. Spotinov was always there at our meetings, he wouldn�t say anything most of the time, and only listened carefully. He never drank, or ate in this caf�. We thought he had material difficulties, and many times we offered to pay the tab, but he refused.

Life in the US was apparently much more different then we had assumed, nothing like our Europe. At times we felt like we have come from another planet. We wondered how this is possible, for everything to be so different. But we wanted success and adapted to the new lifestyle. Many other people from our country weren�t able to adapt to the high standards of New York, and moved to Chicago.

Our family was alone in the big city, and so was Spotinov.

The battle for survival kept becoming harder and we didn�t have time for contact with anyone. Work and hope for a few more hours of sleep was our life, if you could call it that. Meanwhile Spotinov seemed stranger, and we were unable to explain his behavior. We saw him following us, even in bad weather, while he was trying to hide as much as he could. His clothes were the same kind every time. He even wore a jacket in the hottest weather. A couple of times we saw him at our door, trying to listen to our conversations. One day we saw him getting out of a luxurious car. We were surprised and out of curiosity we began to pay attention more carefully at his behavior. We are engineers and have good, logical thinking. This is how one day we found out the truth about him. General Spotinov � Interpol. Probably Spotinov is not his real name and about his nationality � who knows?

During the past years he had followed our small group and searched for criminals. Many times he provoked people with problems to break the law and they were arrested soon after. He used their mistakes to make a great reputation for himself in Interpol. Unfortunately he succeeded. He took care to prevent the well being of everybody from our country, including children.

He treated the School�s Principals with Interpol and many children were expelled from their Schools. He used the name of Interpol to resolve his personal ambitious. He assured his bosses that he is fighting with criminals. His bank accounts became bigger and now he is a millionaire.

This is a sad story. Spotinov hadn�t understood for his entire life that people make mistakes, but it doesn�t make them criminals. It is more important to help then to punish people who have made mistakes. His work had apparently destroyed his ability to see good in people, for him they were all criminals; his task was to catch them. He was a hero in the eyes of Interpol. Millionaire with money soaked with peoples misery.

For our family this was a very important and unfortunate find, we thought of him as a friend before. We stopped meeting with him, moved to a new apartment, and broke contact with him, for us he wasn�t a hero, he had lost his humanity. He had turned into a brilliant machine who no one wanted to speak with.

Disclaimer: Every similarity of circumstances and names is coincidental, it does not refer to any existing people, this is a purely fictional story.

-reply by Rouynekov

It is known that google is a spy! they work together with the FBI don?t you know that??????????! and any of their software is spyware including chrome earth and all the others! don?t download them! I?m not kidding with you I?m 100% serious! I really don?t want to know what will happen once chrome OS is out they?re gonna spy every computer that uses it as OS! well actually 70% of all computers already have minimum 1 google application installed so it wouldn?t matter anyway! but be careful I?m serios don?t download their software