xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bkag

Dell Computer Problems Need Help.

Ok i have recieved as a present my uncles dell latitude x1 laptop. Its Operating system ahs been re installed and it worked for the first few hours i had it but then it started randomly locking up and making a weird sysren noise, and now when i try and boot it up it says that no hard drive or bootable devices can be found. What can i do, is there anything that i can do insted of calling dell out on monday (still have next day support) and has any one else had this problem. Thanks

Most computers emit a siren noise when the fans stop or are blocked. When you switch the laptop on, can you hear the fans start up? If they don't then you may have to dismantle the laptop and check if the fans are still connected to the power supply. If you don't want to dismantle the laptop yourself then take it somewhere like PC World or Staples, as they often have a PC Repair centre that will help you. If you still have warranty cover though, send it back to Dell, and they will have to repair it for free.

I have spoke to dell, they are replacing the hard disk because now windows wont even boot up it says the internal hard disk drive cannot be found and no toher bootable devices can be found.

system won

I just got a Dell Inspiron 1520. After it has been on for about a minute, the screen flickers to black and then recovers. Then it is fine. However it won't shut down properly. After 5 calls to tech support and a complete system restore, the problem remains. I'm afraid to use it next to a window for fear I will throw it out. PLEASE HELP.

Dell Inspiron 1150 No HDD drive found. New HDD makes no difference.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 that says on startup Primary Hard Disk Drive 0 not found. F2 Setup Utility shows there is no HDD installed. I bought a new HDD, installed it and the same thing comes up. I tried a diagnostic utility from Seagate and it couldn't find it either. I tried booting from the XP CD, it tries either repair or installing Windows and then stops when it can't find the HDD. I tried taking the laptop apart, but the 2 screws between the case and monitor are not even accessible! I shines a flashlight in the socket where the HDD goes and the plastic frame it plugs into looks good. Pretty frustrated now! Is there a fix or do I just junk it and move on?

-question by Michael Carter

problem in saving a song from internet

Dear Sir,

I am brijesh kumar. I have window vista pc whenever I download a song from any site than it doesn`t save in desire folder.

I don`t know why it save in neternet temporary file.

Please help me in this matter,

Best Regards,

Briesh

-question by brijesh

problem in saving a song from internet

Dear Sir,

I am brijesh kumar. I have window vista pc whenever I download a song from any site than it doesn`t save in desire folder.

I don`t know why it save in neternet temporary file.

Please help me in this matter,

Best Regards,

Briesh

-question by brijesh

You didnt tell us how u are downloading the songs ??

DAP or flashget ?

or just the internet exploder ;) ?

I do warranty work for Dell and can say that alot of the newer inspiron laptops have had hdd's go out. I guess it has something to do with the quality of the laptop..not the drives. They use samsung usually, which is a great brand. I don't think that it is necessarily the drives failing. Maybe Dell's design puts them under too much stress or something...

My dell is crazy

I have a dell insprinon 1500 and it has gone crazy. First the fan over heated and it stopped I took that apart cleaned it and it worked for a few hours. Then it stopped I just put it to the side for a few days tried it and it worked for all of 2 minutes while dell tech support had me turn it off again. Now it won't stay on for longer than 3 seconds without shutting off..It only shows a black screen and then powers off as soon as it powered on. I can take out the memory cards and it will come on make 3 beeping sounds and stay on but if the cards are in it ,it will not stay on. I have spoken to some people and they say it most likely is the mother board and I should just buy a new one. Could this be it or could it be something I can fix. I have taken it apart to check for any loose connections and I have cleaned the fan and all the dust out. I know its not the power source as it comes on and will charge the battery. I just spent 150 dollars to have it cleaned out and it was working fine till the fan overheated. PLease let me know if you can think of anything I can do to make it work I have important documents saved on it I need for work.

Ty

-question by locadelocas

My dell is crazy

I have a dell insprinon 1500 and it has gone crazy. First the fan over heated and it stopped I took that apart cleaned it and it worked for a few hours. Then it stopped I just put it to the side for a few days tried it and it worked for all of 2 minutes while dell tech support had me turn it off again. Now it won't stay on for longer than 3 seconds without shutting off..It only shows a black screen and then powers off as soon as it powered on. I can take out the memory cards and it will come on make 3 beeping sounds and stay on but if the cards are in it ,it will not stay on. I have spoken to some people and they say it most likely is the mother board and I should just buy a new one. Could this be it or could it be something I can fix. I have taken it apart to check for any loose connections and I have cleaned the fan and all the dust out. I know its not the power source as it comes on and will charge the battery. I just spent 150 dollars to have it cleaned out and it was working fine till the fan overheated. PLease let me know if you can think of anything I can do to make it work I have important documents saved on it I need for work.

Ty

-question by locadelocas

First of all you gave 150 dollars for cleaning a FAN ???? :)

Anyways.. You can try putting a different RAM module (borrow it from some friend) and then power ON..

Its not a heating issue I think , You can try putting the system in front of an Air-conditioner and then power on if you feel so.

NEways.. If both of the options doesn't work , You'll have to change your system's motherboard.

You can take out the hard-disk and buy a casing to make it external , if your data is that important.. and then may be connect to your new system. It will serve as a backup drive also :)

Dell internet problemDell Computer Problems Need Help.

hey, I have a Dell Demention E510 that is about 2 years old.  I have not used it in about 4 months and when I set it back up, the internet does not work.  I can get on AOL instant messanger but can not get on to Explorer.  I was told that firefox was better so I downloaded it on a differant computer and installed it on that one but still no luck.  I have checked the IP address and I tried setting it up without using a wireless router.  It shows that it is connected but will not open any pages, it just comes up with an error message and says to check your internet connection.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeremy 

-reply by Jeremy

need help on a dell dimension 3100Dell Computer Problems Need Help.

Hi to all I have a dell dimension 3100 and I was trying to reboot it back to where I first bought it right out of the box. I have done it before but it's bee a long time since I rebooted my computer. I know I have to restart my computer and once I see the the screen coming on I have to hold one key and tap another key but can remember witch keys there are.

I truly hope someone can help me out & thanks for doing so.

laptop problemDell Computer Problems Need Help.

I bought a new dell studio 1555 laptop and I loaded partition magic software in it. Due to it the partitions got disturbed and I had to format the complete system and I lost the dell system restore options how to rectify it

-reply by nanda

Why does my computer make this sound?Dell Computer Problems Need Help.

I have a Dell XPS One Window Vista Home Premium computer that is about 2 years old.  Six months ago the hard drive crashed and had to be replaced.  Since then when I am using the computer it makes a strange noise that sounds like a door slamming shut! It may do this 4-5 times in a row and then not make the sound again for awhile.  It doesn't matter whether I have 1 window open or 10. It doesn't seem to affect the way the computer runs but is very annoying.  Has anyone else had this experience? 

-reply by Bobbie

Dell Memory SticksDell Computer Problems Need Help.

A little over two years ago, I purchased a Dell Dimension Desktop with 2GB of memory and running Vista. Last year, I installed additional memory (per the recommendation of Dell) since my computer was running very slowly and Dell explained that Vista needs additional memory to function at full capacity. Now, my computer won't boot up and the error light on the computer tells me that the memory modules are not detected. After removing the memory sticks putting back in and removing them again, switching them around (being careful to keep the pairs matched) the computer still won't boot up. After calling Dell (reluctantly, I might add) and $49 later, Dell recommended purchasing all new memory sticks. Since I don't use my computer for anything other than personal use (I don't download games and regularly defragment and run full scans) I don't understand why my memory sticks would have "gone bad" or, as Dell put it "worked too hard and are now worn out". Any suggestions?

-question by pridee