xisto Community
squeaky

What Is Human Nature?

Well, it starts off as a labor of birth where a mother selflessly gives birth to a child.... that child grows up as a person and it is human nature for that child to adapt to the world by any means necessary to survive. And as a person the child will put down and suck up to anyone that might help them win in the game called "life", and it is human nature to have an impulse to be the best and have the best. And when one gets those things what is left to do is... nothing, AND that is what human nature is NOTHING, and nothing is what we follow everyday. They say those that lead are the best and those that follow are nothing, But the people that lead will have nothing to lead if there were no one to follow, BUT it is human nature to look down upon others when you're the one leading, the best is the king, the king is the land, but the land belongs to the people. So why is it that the king rules over the people, who owns the land, which is the king, again it is human nature to look up to someone else when one thinks that the person is the best, it?s true that the king is the best, but only its because he thinks/believes that he is the best. Brings me to my new point, belief, in believing something one thinks that "thing" needless to say what it is, that "thing" is true, and no one can question belief, so the king believes he is the best, and the people believes that the king is the best so therefore the king becomes the best. No questions asked, but what would happen if someone were to question the king?s beliefs... nothing because the king believes he is the best so he is the best, but when the king is being questioned, and he questions himself asking whether or not he really is the best, the king loses his belief and loses his position as being the best, because it is human nature to question oneself when oneself is being questioned, and when the king gains uncertainty he loses his beliefs, and his power of being the best. In conclusion, it is human nature to do anything to be the best, to look down on someone when said a person is the best, and to lose their position as being the best when they are being questioned. The cycle of human nature goes *gaining power, abusing power, and losing power* to stop the cycle one must not abuse his or her power and not declare themselves as the best because when being the best, they are with the worst.

Squeaky, very good, very observant. You are one of the few, who has a natural immunity to illusions.

It works a little like this... from the womb, to the cradle, to the crib, to the Box. What starts out, as human nature is gradually overwhelmed and overridden by unnatural, human conditioning.

The conventional box of thinking is the basic, geometric model for every civilization that I have ever studied. This social structure doesn't work, has never worked and will never work.

This six-sided creation (the Wall of Self-image, the Wall of Wealth & Poverty, the Wall of Acceptable Behavior, the Wall of Laws, the Ceiling of Fears and the Foundation of Truths & Beliefs) has created destructive illusions that almost defy explanation, at this point. The Box is thousands of years old by my assessment.

The Box creates illusions of wealth, position, and power. This geometric model created the original cycles of War & Peace, imaginary business (busy-ness) cycles and has perpetuated the myth of government necessity for security and organizational structure (which includes the total illusion of Democracy).

My first book, Mistakes of Mankind went to four locations of MENSA and the global think tank at Black Mountain Institute. I explained these rudiments in great detail to them. I got no reply; so, you don't have to reply, either. (which would probably make you a high-end genius) LOL

Britney I was unable to locate a reference to "your book", Mistakes of Mankind that you mentioned in your post. Nor was I able to confirm Black Mountain Institute as being a global think tank. From their website,

The Black Mountain Institute is an international literary center dedicated to promoting discourse on todays most pressing global issues. UNLV President Emerita Carol C. Harter leads the institute, which provides an environment where thinkers and writers from all segments of global society can fight against entrenched perspectives, whatever their political or cultural source.

BMI works to exert national, and ultimately global, influence by supporting a host of mutually reinforcing literary endeavors. These activities include readings, lectures, and debates by public intellectuals whose work embodies BMIs mission; the administration of a fellowship program that supports the creation of internationally focused writing for an intelligent lay audience; the administration of a safe haven for writers of conscience from countries in which such freedoms are curtailed or endangered; the publication of essays, stories, poems, and critical commentary from Institute fellows, visitors, and other acclaimed and emerging writers; and the translation into English of major literary works from traditionally under-translated languages.

An acute ability to write long, drawn-out sentences, yeah, but a "global think tank" may be over-reaching a little. In any case,

Would you mind sharing a link to this mysterious book of yours for us all to peruse at our leisure? After reading your singularly unique writing, I'm interested in reading more about the illusions in our world...

what you say makes a bit a sence but when you say human nature is "Nothing" i have to dissagree i think it's everything because if you dont suceed and do your best at the you're going to be misserable but if you do do your best you will be happy and satistfied with yourself. so you dont get nothing from doing your best but you get joy and happinest witch is about everything to all hummans. if i'm being question i dont question myself i just answer all the question i know who i am and i would never let someone question that and take it from me. and by the way you're only the best when other's think you're the best you may be the best to yourself but you wont always feel satisfied with yourself unless others see that you're the best.

Watermonkey, this world is facing extinction because of improperly, but enthusiastically applied technologies. To the discerning eye… that’s a given.

Al Gore has only scratched the surface. But, he’s a politician, gone Oscar weenie. That's not an insult. I like Al Gore. At least, he's trying.

But there is a problem: a big problem. The most intelligent and gifted people are the most susceptible to a high state of delusion. This is rooted in primal and contrived fears.

Example: imagine investing 35 years (education and experience) in psychiatry.

L. Ron Hubbard exposed psychiatry, as a fraud, almost 40+ years ago. But he didn’t use a very intelligent approach. He attacked them, directly. That war was over, before it even started.

The result: continued dissemination of drugs and bogus personality labels to adults… and now, children.

Conclusion: The people are not the root problem. People are merely reacting to their environmental factors. Change the composition of the environment and the people will change with it. That was Ayn Rand's main storyline fault in Atlas Shrugged.

Here’s another one for a thinking mind: Alcoholism isn’t a disease. That’s why there is no cure. Alcoholism is a form of expression, like drug abuse and graffiti. These destructive habits express desperation; an inability to express thoughts, ideas or feelings to others.

A non-fiction approach is probably too late for a world of intellectuals immersed in illusions and delusions (intellectual heroin). I wasted over two years with that futile approach.

So, I will be releasing information directly to the public via a fun, fictitious series called Britney’s BTO. (Hence: my identity indicates young female; wrongo!)

Mistakes of Mankind is not available. I turned down two publishers and pulled it to avoid shelfing.

Black Mountain Institute? I warned Carol Harter (when she resigned as UNLV president to head BMI) not to turn her global think tank into a celebrity showcase for famous writers. You may be viewing the results of not taking intelligent advice. Last year, I closed my file on Black Mountain Institute.

But hey! Kudos to Michael Eisner! I advised him to resign from Disney. He announced his resignation a few months later.

Contact me at britneysbto@hotmail.com or britneysbto@aol.com and I will send you a BTO download. (This is in exchange for your personal assessment and constructive input.) The BTO series is a 21-book series. The first and last books are completed. I'll let the BTO characters explain everything to you.

Heard the theory of "Survival of the fitest"? I attribute the phenomena happening to the human form to this theory. We are all in a fight to survive, that was the initial approach human adopted in the earlier ages, they were jungle hunters. Largest piece of meat was with the most powerful. Then we learned socialization, families formed, again power was attributed to families in place of individuals. The same is just continuing in various forms around us- all thanks to evolving human nature. I have reservations about judging individuals by single culture, rather various cultures around earth have various beliefs towards self, society, family etc. Not everyone is selfish. There are sects which devote their whole life towards welbeing of others and there are people who want to accumulate all the wealth they can for themselves. So it depends on what you want to make yourself.Ultimate truth is nothing is permanent-change is inevitable and human nature is just a part of it.

wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong! what you are describing isn't human nature. you might as well be talking about natural instincts in humans. you have to find one thing that will describe EVERY SINGLE human being or it cannot be called human nature....unless the person we thought was human really isn't human ;)

but seriously. you are misguided in your post about what you think human nature is. i personally cannot get in to it. it's just too much information and i don't write too well as it is. just because people learn things in life(we will call them learned experiences) doesn't mean that can be substituted as equaling human nature.

there is only 1 thing that can actually be argued in regards to human nature....and that is breathing. aside from that, everyone is different and controlled by learned experiences, what is in their own personal nature, and the choices they make in life.

when you talk about human NATURE, you are talking about someone in all humans that is NATURAL. your whole post was based on generalization in SOME humans

Well, it starts off as a labor of birth where a mother selflessly gives birth to a child.... that child grows up as a person and it is human nature for that child to adapt to the world by any means necessary to survive. And as a person the child will put down and suck up to anyone that might help them win in the game called "life", and it is human nature to have an impulse to be the best and have the best. And when one gets those things what is left to do is... nothing, AND that is what human nature is NOTHING, and nothing is what we follow everyday. They say those that lead are the best and those that follow are nothing, But the people that lead will have nothing to lead if there were no one to follow, BUT it is human nature to look down upon others when you're the one leading, the best is the king, the king is the land, but the land belongs to the people. So why is it that the king rules over the people, who owns the land, which is the king, again it is human nature to look up to someone else when one thinks that the person is the best, its true that the king is the best, but only its because he thinks/believes that he is the best. Brings me to my new point, belief, in believing something one thinks that "thing" needless to say what it is, that "thing" is true, and no one can question belief, so the king believes he is the best, and the people believes that the king is the best so therefore the king becomes the best. No questions asked, but what would happen if someone were to question the kings beliefs... nothing because the king believes he is the best so he is the best, but when the king is being questioned, and he questions himself asking whether or not he really is the best, the king loses his belief and loses his position as being the best, because it is human nature to question oneself when oneself is being questioned, and when the king gains uncertainty he loses his beliefs, and his power of being the best. In conclusion, it is human nature to do anything to be the best, to look down on someone when said a person is the best, and to lose their position as being the best when they are being questioned. The cycle of human nature goes *gaining power, abusing power, and losing power* to stop the cycle one must not abuse his or her power and not declare themselves as the best because when being the best, they are with the worst.

human, now it has it other meaning of its own in compair to earlier day.now peopel are very very selfish except some people in the world.now people do not has time for others the think obout them selvs only. ther are people who has care for others

I must say it's very hard to answer this question.

What exactly is human nature?

This is what Google gave me when I searched "define: human nature" :

the shared psychological attributes of humankind that are assumed to be shared by all human beings; "a great observer of human nature"

Well, I suppose that means its the things that are similar in all of us in psychological or mental terms... but then, it can (in my opinion), be defined by other terms. I think human nature is also our personalities that differs from animals. For example, we can hold back our anger, hold back our feelings, and hold back the urge to go to the toilet, but animals can't and don't.

We are all different in different ways, and human nature shows that. Other things that human nature shows include the never ending thirst for knowledge, our curiosity. We always want to explore. We explore ourselves, we explore the earth, we explore for hidden treasure, and we explore outer space for other life forms. Do animals do that? Maybe territory, maybe others of their own species, but not themselves, not the earth, and definitely not for hidden treasure, let alone outer space for other life forms. Out curiosity is one of the many factors that groups us as humans beings and separates us from the rest of the Animalia Kingdom.

Other things that define human nature? Well, I can go on forever, but here are a few of the main ones: our morals, sin, lust, greed, crime, generosity, kindness... and so on.

Human Nature, in my opinion, is just all the things that we as humans have that animals don't. THIS is human nature.

I would have to say "Nameless" hit it on the nose pretty much/ But to go a little further and to say it biblically: Human Nature is everything we do which is contrary to God. It is Human Nature to lie, steal, cheat, look at a woman or man and think immoral thoughts, to gossip, , etc., etc. It is also Human Nature to not acknowledge God. 1 Corinthians 2:14 says: "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."