xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LeAnn Rimes My Angel

Happy Canada Day! Happy Canada Day to all members in here and Moderator and Admins.

Happy Canada Day to all the Canadians in this message board. I hope you all have a safe and wonderful Canada Day. I don't know what I am going to do yet for Canada Day, maybe have a barbeque at my moms place or going to a friends place to celebrate to just to have out. I know this post is a little early but every single store and library around here will be all closed tomorrow so I would have no way to post this tomorrow. So Happy Canada Day to Canadian members in here. I checked first to see if anyone put anything like this down yet and no one has yet so this is the very first Canada Day thread. And Canada will be Officially 139 years old tomorrow. :) I am posting this now because all the stores and places I visit will all be closed tomorrow which will make it impossible for me to post this very important topic in here tomorrow, so I am posting this now incase some people in here are leaving for Ottawa, Ontario, Canada for the giant celebration. And also wondering what Canada traditions do you fellow Canadians do on Canada Day? So again Happy Canada Day to all Canadians in here and try not to get burned by the fire-works tomorrow night. ;)

Posted Image

I'm going up to the Montreal Jazzfest later on today (saturday). It's going to be a blast. There is also a part of the international fireworks compatition, taking place sunday night. Really good free music (not just jazz), and lots of chill people.Have a fun one!

I celebrated Canada Day yesterday by participating in Canada Day activities in my town. I didn't see the Canada Day fireworks though. That triathlon was quite difficult.Anyways, hope you all had a great Canada day. This is like Canada's 4th of July, yes.

Just chilling out for the weekend, tinkering around the yard and stuff.Probably BBQ for Supper. Fireworks were Saturday night here. Pretty good display for a small town. About twenty minutes worth.

20 minutes worth? wow lol thats a pretty long time :) for a small town i suppose, sacramento (where i live) for the 4th of july has atleast a 45-60 minute show, its really a bit over long, but ohh well, they have music playing that the fireworks are set off by so its all goodbut i may not be canadian, but happy late canadian day to all ye canadions out there lol

A quick update:Weeeee, the jazz fest was fun. The part of the international fireworks compitation I caught was presented by Argentina. It lasted for about forty-five minutes, and probably ran in the tens of millions of dollars. Really crazy stuff...though certainly not the best one i've seen there (not that I'm complaining mind you! It was still encredible).

So is this like Canada's 4th of July?

Yeah it's kind of like the Independence Day for the U.S. but in Canada it's all about celebrating Canada's birthday. It's now 139 years old. And many more Canada Days yet to come. :) I don't know exactly how it started but each and every single July 1st we always celebrate it. In Ottawa, Ontario, Canada a couple of years ago, Queen Elizabeth used to come to Canada every year to eat dinner with the Prime Minister back, then and she would often hold speeches on Parliment Hill and sometimes would walk close enough to the people lined up at the gates to shake their hands and get nice flowers from the people who came to see her. I almost saw her once but was there was someone in front of me so I couldn't see her but I did see her on a big video screen they had set-up back then. She doesn't come to Canada very much anymore, but we still celebrate good old Canada Day. ;)

If you want to learn about Canada Day I am sure you can find out what it's all about and how it started if you looked on the Internet. :(