xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Galahad

What Components You You Manage To Kill? PC components that died...

I'm interested how many, and what, PC components died, or ceased working on your systems. Include ALL hardware you had to replace, ever since you started using comps. Don't include replaced components that still worked...

I'm still making my own list :)

For years now, only thing that crashed&died for me was HDD. And for 8 years, how many computers I have, that was happened to me 4 times.

I have been using computers for about 20 years now and I am fortunate to say that I didn't have that many problems. Here is a list that I will try to make from memory.3 crashed hard drives3 mother boards fried2 video cards wasted4 ram chips gone1 power supply3 dead monitors2 CD-ROMs busted1 sound card1 5 1/4" floppy drive2 3 1/2" floppy drives1 fried CPUthat's all I can remember. I don't think its a long list.

I'm just looking at some of the things I managed to save over the years I used computer (10 years to be precise :))...4 HDD's 1 CPU and 1 MB fried4 CD-ROM'sfew memory modules (small ones, ~4Megs)1 graphix card1 sound card1 monitorfew power suppliescounntless 3.5" floppy drives3 mouses, 3 keyboards (I smashed one keyboard against the wall :D )and 1 Commodore 64 with disk drive B):D B)I think that about covers it... Components that are available to us in Yugoslavia, are of lower class, and tend to break more often, then components available in rest of Europe... :D

I'm just looking at some of the things I managed to save over the years I used computer (10 years to be precise :))...

4 HDD's

1 CPU and 1 MB fried

4 CD-ROM's

few memory modules (small ones, ~4Megs)

1 graphix card

1 sound card

1 monitor

few power supplies

counntless 3.5" floppy drives

3 mouses, 3 keyboards (I smashed one keyboard against the wall :D )

and 1 Commodore 64 with disk drive B):DB)

I think that about covers it... Components that are available to us in Yugoslavia, are of lower class, and tend to break more often, then components available in rest of Europe...  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol not in Holland we have components of 'better' class, but they tend to break too =]... My list:

3 HDD's

1 Soundcart

1 Monitor

2 vid's

5 mouses, 1 keyboard

over past 8 years:2 monitors1 video card 3 ethernet cards (1 onboard)2 processors2 motherboards3 hard drivesabout a bag of crappy ram :)Oh yeah and i have a question, what do you do with 10 100mg scsi harddrives? and what do you do with 15 isa token ring cards. ha

Monitor: one capacitor blew up, made a nice hole through the circuit boardWebcam: No idea, just stopped workingLaptop HDD: Must have overheated in the hot Turkish summer!Lately my laptop battery is also dying... must have also been the heat...Desktop HDD: Was the last generation of Quantum Firball hdds, 4 platters and 8 heads I think, so one of the heads started crashing... disk was uselessApart from that, and faulty components I get from time to time there is nothing else. None of the above were my faults as well now that I look at it, just faulty components or something failing...

for me i have killed in the last 2-3 years2 CPUs5 mouses3 keyboards12+ CDS2 hardrivesi think they died from over useage or something to that effect

In the last 15 years I killed 2 Windows (3.11 :)), 1 graphics card, 2 mouses. Nothing major, though the Windows still works, I repaired it for the lulz. (ahh, the time when I broke it... I was like... 3!)

in last 10 yrs.. I've killed6 Monitors8 motherboards6 Graphics Card3 hard-disks2 processors4 Keyboards9 Mice2 Optical Drives (one CD-writter and one DVD ROM)100+ Optical Media (CDs and DVDs)1 UPS ( Tried repairing it myself :) )1 PSU2 RAM ChipsI don't remember any more .. will update it if and when I remember ..

In years I haven't had many problems.3 monitors.2 cd burners.1 soundcard.countless mice(Until I began using a Microsoft usb mouse, which has lasted me 3 years).I really haven't had many hardware problems.

Edited by networker (see edit history)