xisto Community
brandice

Do You Ever Feel Like Giving It All Up? Forums, websites, the internet...

I've made all sorts of online friends in the past, and I got bored and just moved on. Now there's a new group and I just don't know. Maybe it's because I've spent this Saturday night having a few drinks and sitting on the internet with nothing to do. Does anyone else ever feel like just giving it all up? I feel like I am stuck in a rut. I haven't learned anything new design wise lately, either. That usually makes all of this exciting again. Has anyone else ever thought like this? What did you do about it? I'm such a nerd. :)

That's quite normal to feel for any normal person. In fact, man is filled with emotion, sentiments and feelings of all sorts. I think that's quite normal. But it's just that we also have the other side of us that doesn't want to give up the negative thoughts that enter in our life. Because there is enough resistant force in us. But those who couldn't handle such usually commit suicide or bigger crimes. So, you are just like one of us. Life's like that. I too have such feelings in the past, not exactly now but c'mon we have to move on. No looking back. We can't change the past but can try our best to change our lives in the future. I hope you won't feel that you are an isolated human being to have felt that way. Many of us just don't have guts to speak out but have the same problem. Let's move on.

Reading this back, what I wrote does seem a little morbid! What I meant was- does anyone feel like giving up the internet and all of the things involved in it?Life's okay, it's just the dependence on the computer that was bringing me down. I was thinking about it a bit last night- I think I am going to take a break for a while. I've got enough days on my hosting to not have to check into my own forum for a while, I don't need to go to any other forums or answer email or sign into myspace. Maybe I can come back in a week or so with a fresh outlook. Or maybe I'll find something better to do.

I also have that feeling. My (old&good)friends are gone and i met group of new people so i am trying to fit in. They are nice, funny and outgoing person. They invited me yesterday in new opened caffe but i didnt wanted to go out with them because i felt like i am going to do something wrong. In my whole life i didnt had best friend. A had a lots of friends but i couldnt tell them all because i didnt have trust in them. Now i have one good friend, which is always there for me. He(or better), she understands me and she makes me happy when i see her. No its not my girlfriend, it is my fender guitar. In my life i never had better friend and i know that i wont loose this one.i gave up! i dont wanna search anymore for human friends because i dont belive in frienships.dont judge me!

I've definately felt like giving up internet related stuff. I have had a lot of different hosts, and they all seem to shut down. Sometimes it seems like I'm just not meant to have a forum (although Xisto seems to be working just fine). I think you're doing the right thing though, just take a break. All your troubles will go away. It just takes some time.

You are right , if you base your life on your computer and the internet it's cutrainly going to get you down at times. You have to mix and interact and speak and communicate with REAL people. This means you have to be proactive, ie get up, walk, talk, go out, do physical things, not just sit around, which is only passive activity. This was not meant for people to do all the time, there is only so much mental stimulation and creativity you can do.

I'm a person who spends almost all of his free time on the computer. Quite often I do get bored and I find myself without things to do. When this happens I take a break from the internet for a few weeks. During this time I catch up on other stuff in life. When I feel like going back onto the internet again there is a lot of new content for me to check out and I am much more relaxed.

I have on-and-off internet experiences. I'll go uber internet geek mode for like a month or two, then I won't view a forum for another month or two, then I'll come back and do it again.But yeah, I stop when I simply get bored posting on forums. Sometimes my internet sprees are longer/shorter, but generally they last about 2 months.

Same with me. I used to post in about 20 different forums everyday, for about 8 or 9 months. Then I stopped for a really long time and came back, that time for a week or two. Since then I visit all my forums (including this one, as you see) very seldom, comparatively.

i also go through certain periods of boredom with the internet and certain forums too, they can just be such wastes of time, i like Xisto though and i wish i could get on here to post while i'm at work (its been blocked by out IT department) because at home i've just been too busy or not in the mood. my hosting has lapsed quite a few times in the last few months which sucks and stops anyone viewing my site. a break may be just what some of us need

I'm trying to see if I can not go onto my own message board, which isn't very easy. I've checked in, but haven't signed on. My little "break from the internet" has turned into a "let's see how long it takes for people to notice I am gone" and it's really knocked me down a notch or two. :) Granted, it's only been about three days. But still, it's starting to get a little annoying. I need to go read a book or something.

For me I think that I have the love hate relationship with the iternet. I find the internet a very useful tool, you have the world's resources at your fingertips, if you have doubts or quaries about anything on this earth, just post a question on a forum board anywhere in the world and chances are someone will have something to say about that. You can find plenty of stuff in your own language, no matter where you are living, you can even incrrease your knowledge on very technical fields from the top universities. Many of them are conducting free online courses, so basically what I'm saying is that the internet is a wealth of knowledge.It is also a great platform to share your ideas and openions about practically anything, and its amazing to think that people from all over the world can read what you are saying. Truely, there really isn't anything like it.Also its an opportunity to make some money, maybe throughyour blog, through some other ways.However, like every other piece of technology,with opportunity comes risks. Someties, people get so carried away on the internet, they tend to loose track of time, they forget they have a life outside of the computer. Sometimes they forget about the more important things in life like family, friends, loved ones,they forget daily living like to eat, to go out and have some fun, thats when they internet can turn deadly.That is not to say that we shoud not utilize this amazing tool, but please remember to lead a balanced life and spend time with your loved ones, they are what counts.

yes i do at times, the only reason really is becuase there is not much people that visit at all or care about the site. thats y i try my best to make a site that poeple would find usefull for themselves. which is why i made the site i have today. its very usefull and free which is the best thing. although its not really that easy to get the word spread about my site. but the traffic is pretty decent i guess...i have about 131 visiters registered into my site. if you want check it out n tell me what you think and if you like what you see and interested register and use it for its use

For sure! at times I felt like giving up internet related stuff. There has been many forums and communities I've been a part of and/or moderated. There have been times where I've taken a 'break' from the internet and pretty gotten more of a life.. but when I come back onto the internet as a free time filler, new content, debates and all are there and it makes it very interesting to read as opposed to being on everyday hoping for a new topic to discuss or so... But then again, now I try to balance life, work and study with internet and other hobbies.. Dont mind indoor sports during the mid week, and gotta love the drinks on friday/sat arvo/evenings.