xisto Community
skter4938

Graphic Design Question

Hello there young lads. I was recently hired for a large project. It involves me creating a graphic design for a website that is something like cnet.com. It consists of 40+ pages. I have to design every single page. Well I have one problem. I do not know how much to charge. The client says he absolutely loves my example design that I showed him. How much should I charge him. Keep in mind, that this project will take me a good amount of time.Thank you,Artem

Well you could charge based on the number of pages, the number of hours it takes to make it, or whatever. It depends what each page consists of. If you are adding in Flash and other special effects and what not that is extra there. Is it a different design for each page or is it after the first page you can use that as a template. It really all depends you have to expand more here.

yeah, you could do many things, charge them by the hour... or by what you think on each page, i have seen many templates go around for 30-40 bucks a peice, and they wern't even flash templates, just normal HTML and imaging....

Basic templates can run from $20-60 each, and those only require the design/coding for one or two "pages", so I'd say if you're doing 60+ individual pages, you should probably charge no less than $250.[uSD]

I do 5-10 page static sites for $300... so I think that you should charge more than that. But, again, it totally depends on the design, accessibility and cross-browser compatibility.It will be more helpful for you if you put up the example design here :).

The first thing you need to ask yourself is, "How long will this take to complete?" Then you need to ask yourself, "How much is my time worth per hour?" When answering this question, keep in mind how much you could earn if you were doing some other type of work. Personally, I would look at a minimum of $20 per hour. From there you can work out a price based on an hourly rate. Don't be afraid to charge a reasonable amount, charge too little and they will think you are not a serious designer. Also think of how much money your customer stands to make from your work. On the other side of the coin, if you charge too much, they will not accept your offer. Try to research how much professional web designers charge and keep your price below that a little to discourage them from going elsewhere.I hope that helps rather than confuse you.