xisto Community
illdevilinc

Azureus With Vista Just some hints

ok,for everyone that runs Azureus and is planning to install vista please read up on some of the following.1.) Azureus WILL slow your perfromance and lock up often with vista2.) Right clicking in the program will lock the program up3.) To save anywhere without getting an error you must change the save area to shared and uncheck read only.4.) Do NOT start many downloads as this may lock up your computer AND may set off Vista Security and Vista will clos the program automaticly.

Uh oh. I love Azureus...I'd probably die without it. This means there's one more reason for me to hate Vista. =/Good post.

ok,for everyone that runs Azureus and is planning to install vista please read up on some of the following.
1.) Azureus WILL slow your perfromance and lock up often with vista
2.) Right clicking in the program will lock the program up
3.) To save anywhere without getting an error you must change the save area to shared and uncheck read only.
4.) Do NOT start many downloads as this may lock up your computer AND may set off Vista Security and Vista will clos the program automaticly.

Can you give us a reference of where you got the authority for this, it may well mean that other P2P applications like Limewire, eDonkey, eXeem, etc may not hold up with Vista.

Can you give us a reference of where you got the authority for this, it may well mean that other P2P applications like Limewire, eDonkey, eXeem, etc may not hold up with Vista.

Im not quite sure what you mean by authority, but anything that pulls a high download rate or supports multipul high speed downloads will eather lock up vista, give you a BSOD, or just plain kill the operating system. And as an extra warning to future vista users the touchpad will stop working on a crash and will not start working until you reinstall the operating system.

What is Azureus? sounds interesting. Is it another Linux distribution or something?

It's bittorent handler very similar to utorrent in look and the way it works. It works on Windows, Linux, and I think it works on Macs. I right now only have it on my laptop in ubuntu linux.

ok,for everyone that runs Azureus and is planning to install vista please read up on some of the following.
3.) To save anywhere without getting an error you must change the save area to shared and uncheck read only.
4.) Do NOT start many downloads as this may lock up your computer AND may set off Vista Security and Vista will clos the program automaticly.

Azureus runs fine on vista you just need to turn on compatibility mode as "windows xp sp2" and it will run great. Also make sure you have the newest JRE 1.6 hope this helps.

This error ocurred to me. Is there any way to fix it?

Thank you.

Nearly everything locks up on Vista. That is nothing new. It is quite expected. Fortunately VIsta responds better to hung programs. Not needing to be restarted eerytime unike xp. But it is very demanding. You definitely require a huge memory and faster processors. Start up and shutdown times are poor than XP. and installing applications only slows them more. As for azureus , it takes a lot of memory. Switching to bitlord may help. It is lightweight and takes upless memory.

Nearly everything locks up on Vista. That is nothing new. It is quite expected. Fortunately VIsta responds better to hung programs. Not needing to be restarted eerytime unike xp. But it is very demanding. You definitely require a huge memory and faster processors. Start up and shutdown times are poor than XP. and installing applications only slows them more. As for azureus , it takes a lot of memory. Switching to bitlord may help. It is lightweight and takes upless memory.

Yeah that is because they have moved and rewrite many parts of source code and they have moved most of those things which usually stucked XP to reboot.

Like graphical user interface is no more in kernel of the Vista then all explorer has been removed from kernel and it is no longer integrated into system and it has been differencing from the graphical user interface making it more easy to use and upgrade because if you are copying some file and it fails in XP usually you had to rerun your system now system just restarts explorer and you are good to go.

Everyone remember that you couldn't uninstall internet explorer from the system well that was because it was integrated and that is why so many security loopholes occured now it is all different story with vista. I was on one Microsoft presentation and MVP(Microsoft Virtual Programmer) said that they are using modular design so in fact Vista is build up from many moduls. And not like XP from one huge stone. That is why vista is easier to upgrade and to find errors because, for last two security loops which were found in vista I read they only needed like 12 hours to correct it and that is nothing if you compare with several months with XP.

What are you talking about dude???

Azureus works without a problem in Windows Vista. I'm using it right now (version 2.5.0.4). I didn't even install/run using the compatibility mode. I simply installed it the way I installed it in XP and it worked without a glitch.

Maybe you guys need to update your Java Runtime Environment to latest version.

I used to hava azureus because it's a great sofware but it takes a LOT of memory and slow down my PC so much so I decided to use ARES is a good p2p softwares and it can manages torrents. Id doesn't have all the features of Azureus (for example you cannot choose which file download and which don't) but you can use not only for torrents but for other p2p stuff.