xisto Community
illdevilinc

Azureus With Vista Just some hints

Name:angelOpinion/Suggestion *:Could someone tell me if Vista and Firefox work well? again I been reading many comets on the internet about bugs and errors but those comments are 6 months old. Do you think is a good idea to install Firefox in Vista?(as today September 2007) by the way I'm a regular computer user I have good knowledge about computers but I'm not a expert. what I'm trying to say I can fix regular errors but I'm not a programmer and some of the hint I found here are about my skills... thanks in advance

Edited by Trap FeedBacker (see edit history)

GidzI love Azerus and have been without it since gewtting VISTA.VISTA is a good system. I changed its functions to XP which you can do....and found I love VISTA far more. I just dislike hat very little software works on it. I can'are get the correct JAVA to work with Azureus. So I am using bittoorent. I can only use non java p2p programs. Very frustrating. And JRE 1.6 for Vista always has a runtime error when I try and install.

Azureus Vuze

Azureus With Vista

I recently installed Azureus Vuze on my pc with Vista and am having problems with my NAT/Firewall Test. It reads "NAT Error - Connect attempt to xx.Xxx.Xxx.Xxx:xxxx0 (your computer) timed out after 20 seconds.

This means your port is probably closed." I had a similar problem with azureus and windows xp, but I was able to open a TCP for my internet firewall and virus software and allow Azureus to run regularly with a green light(tracker).

Other than internet service firewall I.E. At&t, verizon, virus software firewalls are there any other things I can do to make my tracker status better?

-George

Azureus

Azureus With Vista

Replying to -[Nero]-

Vista and most p2p networks work just fine, however, as of several months ago, when I last updated Azureus, It did not work with vista. I was wondering if this was a temporary problem, or if it was going to be a permanent issue. The issue was with the file save location. Every time I loaded the software, It would try do download to C:/"username"/Documents and Settings/Downloads, which did not exist, and the software could not create the directory. I could not switch the file directory to any other location, as it would lose anything I downloaded, and would switch back on the next startup. I switched to BitLord, which has limited functionality when it comes to choosing what files to download, and not being able to open parts of a file without the entire file being downloaded.

-reply by kg6jay

uTorrent and BitTorrent work fine, it is just Azureus that has issues... I used Azureus and Windows completely blocked the program...

Thats why you'll get Linux and use Azureus there or Deluge or KTorrent or even maybe uTorrent through Wine if you are a psycho of some kind :PSeriously, if you use P2P clients, I have experience that they are the fastest on GNU/Linux for some reason...