xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mich

Error With [my Assistant] Link

Posted Image

This is what comes up when I click for my assistant. It seems to be an overlay of some kind and the text lines scroll on and on. This represents only the first thing that it says. As you can see it blocks my access to everything by my last 10 posts including the ability to close it down or move it. It only disappears when I change pages. Does anybody have a clue?

It seems to work fine for me. It might have been a glitch. What browser are you using I just tried it using firefox and it seemed to work fine. That's a little wierd. Hopefully nothing is wrong and it was only temporary.

That comes up whenever a link in broken on Xisto's server. Try clearing your cache/cookies. And it should work.Sadly I've read all of that. It takes about 15 minutes, so you image I had a lot of time :)

It works fine for me using Opera, although it disappears if you drag it behind the shoutbox :) Try right clicking it and refreshing it, normally that helps.I've also read through that whole 404 thing, I think it's meant to mimic Marvin (if I can remember the book right).

Thanks for the information, everybody. I am glad that somebody else besides me has gotten this result. I have found my problem since Tues night as well. I am using an accelerator program through my ISP that includes a pop-up blocker. Evidently it must break the link. This would explain the situation. I don't know how such things work. My previous pop-up blocker must have functioned in a different manner, because it doesn't cause the error scroll thingy to come up. Thusly, I have disabled the ISP blocker and gone back to my original one. :) THANKS AGAIN EVERYBODY! :(