xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cangor

Surrounded By Morons! Am I alone?

Seriously! People do the dumbest things! Just the other day when I was grocery shopping I was asking for a price check on an item - the price check person came back and said "I'm sorry, sir, but we're all out of that item."

So what if it was their first day on the job... Sheesh! People are Idiots!

Am I overreacting?

Another time in a different store:
I set my basket thing down and some moron accidentally picked IT up and left THEIRS behind...
I spent ten minutes tracking them down...

Here is a list of similar situations I found at some random website:

Sighting #1:I was at the airport, checking in at the gate, when the airport
employee asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage
without your knowledge?" I said, "If it was without my
knowledge, how would I know?" He smiled and nodded
knowingly, "That's why we ask."

Sighting #2:
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it is safe to cross the
street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged co-worker
of mine, when she asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I
explained that it signals to blind people when the light is red.
She responded, appalled, "What on earth are blind people
doing driving?"

Sighting #3:
At a good-bye lunch for an old and dear coworker who is leaving
the company due to "downsizing," our manager spoke up and said,
"this is fun. We should have lunch like this more often." Not
another word was spoken. We just looked at each other like deer
staring into the headlights of an approaching truck.

Sighting #4:
I worked with an Individual who plugged her power strip back into
itself and for the life of her could not understand why her system
would not turn on.

Sighting #5:
When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick
up our car, we were told that the keys had been accidentally locked
in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working
feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the
passenger's side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered
it
was open. "Hey," I announced to the technician, "It's open!"
"I know," answered the young man.- "I already got that side."

----------------------------------------------
Am I the only one who sees this stuff every day?

Notice from KuBi:
Quotes added

Trust me your not the only one. I love where the printers are located at my work, right in front of the help desk. So when people come up and ask "Where are the Printers?" I say "Right Behind You." The computers are located behind the help desk, so in order to get to the help desk you have to stare right at the printers, so you think that they would see them. Even people who come from outside the room I work in walk right by the printers and head to the help desk to ask the very same question. :)

I have encountered many idiotic people where I work.Some common things I get from people are:"Can you pay with a check?" (Immediately after the previous customer pays with a check, and bear in mind, there was a line, so this wasn't a few minutes later, either.)"Do you take cash?" (He was serious, too.)"Do you work here?" (I must be immune to this question; in my unfortunate 15 months at the store, I only heard this question once when I was either in apron or holding it.)"Where is the ..." (Said item is in front of their face.)"Are you open? (Referring to a register. The more blatantly obvious that I am open, the stupider this question is. I've been asked this question both in the middle of huge, fast-moving lines and when I call customers to a dormant register. Why would I call you here if I wasn't open? Well, I suppose next time you're here...yeah.)"It didn't scan, is it free?" (Not necessarily as stupid as it is annoying and pitifully unfunny. I'm preparing a terminology-laden philosophical rant that should be ready by next week if anyone decides to ask me that again.)"I want cash back, do I push yes?" (When the screen asks "Do you want cash back?")"Do I push accept? (After signing, despite the sign taped to the pin pad that clearly specifies that you must sign before accepting, obviously it doesn't work as one out of every three customers still dives for the accept button.)"Do I push accept or clear?" / "Do I push clear?" (My God.)"Can I get a discount?" (The question itself isn't as stupid as many of the reasons for wanting a discount. Such reasons include: a slight rip on the box packaging paper where the item is perfectly fine, slightly discolored packaging paper, having to wait for a long time to receive the item when it's perfectly clear that at noon on a weekend, you had best be prepared to wait, among many other reasons not involving the product itself and therefore not passing as legitimate excuses for getting a discount. This can be particularly stupid if the discount is extremely small. 3 cents is the record here.)Some days we end up answering the phones as wellMe: Thank you for calling the Hulen Home Depot, how can I direct your call?Customer: Is this Home Depot?Me: Yessss...Customer: Is this the one over off Hulen?Me: Yessss...(Thinking to myself) Are you a dumba**?Me: Have a nice day.~ Me: Thank you for calling the Hulen Home Depot, how can I direct your call?Customer: Hi, can I speak with your Computers' department?Me: We don't sell computers.Customer: Are you sure?Me: Yes, this is HOME Depot...are you sure you're not trying to call OFFICEDepot?Customer: Oh...I always get ya'll confused...you guys should change your name.(Thinking to myself) So we should change our name b/c you're too stupid to getit straight in your head?Me: Oooookkkkk...have a nice day.~ Me: Thank you for calling the Hulen Home Depot, how can I direct your call?Customer: Yes, I need to return an item that I special ordered.Me: Alright, what is you phone number?Customer: ***-***-****Me: Ma'am are you sure you got this here?Customer: I'm positive.Me: May I ask what it is that you are trying to return?Customer: A computer. I asked for one certain model and you guys orderedme the wrong one.Me: Ma'am you called The Home Depot. We've never sold computers throughspecial orders or carried them as regular stock.Customer: But I found ya'll's reciept & so it has to be from your store.**It took a couple of more times of repeating the previous line I had stated &emphasis on the fact that we sell lumber, paint, tools & lighting but no computersbefore she backed off...Oh yes, and there were customers at my desk that werelaughing uncontrollably just hearing my side of the conversation

I have to deal with stupid people too. I wanted to use my roomate's computer back in college(this was a little over a year ago). He was in the middle of something, but let me use it anyways as long as I don't close his document. I minimized his work(because that usually speeds up the computer a bit), did my thing, and when he wanted it back he started freaking out because he didn't know where it was. I said to him to maximize it from the taskbar, and he just stared at me blankly like I was speaking chinese.

The typical NYC idiot: An old lady who gets on the bus, stands to the side (or worse, in front of the farebox), starts counting $2 of change, puts it all in slowly, and then like 5 minutes later (while everyone's been waiting) asks the driver for a transfer.Similar example: Some lady gets on the bus, and doesn't have her MetroCard ready. The bus was about to leave the stop, when she comes running up (I'm dead serious; I have seen this mainly by women; nothing against them). She steps over to the side, starts looking through her purse for hr wallet, then pulls out the MetroCard and dips it into the farebox way after the bus started moving.Next idiots: People who ring the bell for getting off the bus while the front door is open, which will just result in the "Stop Requested" sign turning off one second after it goes on.People who talk on the phone the whole bus ride. They are so annoying; I even heard talk about the MTA instituting a rule against talking on cell phones on buses. No wonder people like airplanes.Notice how all of these incidents occured on the bus.Something else: Less than half of the people in my school believe in holding doors. Like in the morning, when we get off the bus and walk into the building, most of the guys just walk in, and leave it to the person behind them to open the door for himself (one kid in particular does this; he has almost let the door close on my face).People who smoke directly in front of other people. They go about their own business, just standing there and smoking, as if they were just another person in line. But they don't reaize that non-smokers (like me) are standing nearby. Meanwhile I'm coughing and weezing because of all the smoke around me. I feel like grabbing the cigarette and throwing it on the floor and stomping it out, along with the rest of the pack, and any other packs they might have on them. This most frequently occured when I would be waiting in line for the second bus in my previous morning commute (specifically, the Q10 stop at Queens Blvd. and Union Turnpike, for those of you New Yorkers).

Wow... these things are pretty funny... I've always enjoyed reading this type of thing for laughs (plus it makes me feel pretty darn good about myself too!)I thought it was funny... my last work, had a name for all these people. Whenever someone would call with such a completely stupid request or question, they would be referred to as having an eye-dee-ten-tea error. Because if you wrote that out, it would look like ID10T. I always thought that was clever, but I haven't really worked around in the business too long, so it might be a common thing that I'd never heard before lol.

Heh... I know how you feel... I've been around tons of "idiots" since forever. They're a good source of laughs though... :) They're invaluable! Just try to see the good in them and the entertainment they provide to you and your audience.

its actually quite sad how stupid some people are, i work in a customer service call centre and people constantly amuse me:customer: how do i do *something*me: you do *this*customer: are you sure?me: yescustomer: are you positive?this is when I want to say "no i'm just messing with you" and hang upor therescustomer: i need *this*me: ok I can organize that for you, *explains how I can setup order for customer*customer: ok thanks *hangs up without ordering*and evencustomer: hello is this *some other company*me: no its *my company*customer: I'm having a problem with my *other company* accountme: well you'll need to call them, this is *my company*customer: well you're not being any help, i'm going to cancel my *other company* accountpeople shouldn't be allowed to use a phone if they are that stupid

Well some of those sightings might not be real considering you found them and they sort of sound ridiculous but that is probably the point. Some people really are idiotic in this world and sometimes it isn't their fault. Maybe they were dropped on their head continuously when they were young lol or just aren't real bright. lol Oh well. I have heard things like this before.

yeah, the "sightings" are fake but I do see stuff like this all the time... my brother worked at a fast food restraunt for a while, and there was one guy who came in and said, "I eat a lot of fast food."And he looked like it, too...