xisto Community
michaelper22

7 Eleven Convenient Store Didnt give me a refill price on a Gulp at the store near me

There is a 7 Eleven near my school. The kids in my school do this trick of saving their Gulp cups (usually Double Gulps, youch) to get 89 cent refills. I happened to have saved a Gulp cup that I bought. Today I went to the 7 Eleven that's just two blocks from my house, and got a refill, and the stupid guy behind the counter wouldn't give me the refill price!!! I told him that I am refilling it, and he told me it's the same 1.18 as a new Super Big Gulp. What a ripoff! I'm not a particularly big fan of 7 Eleven anyways, since the stuff is mostly outragously expensive (and I'm a cheap person sort of), and this really put the the icing on the cake! I'm going to try to find a toll-free number to call, and hopefully I'll get to someone on this continent (unlike what Dell does).

Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)

There are plenty of Seven-Eleven stores here, and I agree with you that their items are expensive. unfortunately some places have no other stores around, so the people have no choice but to purchase goods from that store. But i like their Slurpee, and i even sip the slurpee before it could even half-full the cup, so i have enough slurpee in my stomach before i could even get out of the store. fortunately, no one has noticed me did it yet, but i do not do it too often.

almost all fast food chains have free refills (usually do i yourself because we're to stupid to get it right anyways)just save your cups in your car and whenever your thirsty stop in for the free refill.I only had a problem w/ that once the lady behind the counter said you didnt buy that here, I politely replied Oh well I guess I must've got this McDonalds cup at taco bell. I smiled finished filling and left.

haha the 7-11 is pretty expensive. I wish i knew why. Delis are so much better, yet they dont sell slurp's or anything i belive. But ive done this trick where you take some type of candy like a snickers, bring it over to the slurpy machine, put the snickers into the cup that opaque and the filled it up with w.e type of slurpy you want and then go ring it in and you get your slurpy and your free snickers bar. But if your a risky type and want to go for a larger size which some are transparent good luck becuase you wouldnt want that snickers bar to be exposed, ive done it before.

Edited by BOAW (see edit history)

BOAW! That's shoplifting! At fast food places, the refills are supposed to only be for that visit only. If you bring in a cup from last time- that's stealing. I'm not sure what the policy for refills at 7-11 is. I know this is probably not a popular view at all but I think they really should have some sort of marking system where the cup expires after a certain time. They weren't meant to be used over and over and I've seen people with some pretty grungy cups. I know a guy who would drop a baby before he'd let something happen to his foam cup. He washes it out with water but it's still just disgusting. I've thrown a couple away while he wasn't looking.

BOAW! That's shoplifting!
At fast food places, the refills are supposed to only be for that visit only. If you bring in a cup from last time- that's stealing. I'm not sure what the policy for refills at 7-11 is. I know this is probably not a popular view at all but I think they really should have some sort of marking system where the cup expires after a certain time. They weren't meant to be used over and over and I've seen people with some pretty grungy cups. I know a guy who would drop a baby before he'd let something happen to his foam cup. He washes it out with water but it's still just disgusting. I've thrown a couple away while he wasn't looking.

At the 7 Eleven near my school, you bring your own Gulp cup and get it refilled for $.89 plus tax. I heard something about how the wholesale store Costco lets you buy a cup and get free refills while you're there. I don't know what they do about bringing the cups back again some other day; I think they use different colored cups every day or something. But my point here is that if 7 Eleven would let me refill for less $$$ at one store, why can't I do the same at another one?

Wow you all are insane. Most of you are complaining about not getting free refills when you saved your cups from a store that offers them but really, all you are doing is shoplifiting even though you arent literally grabbing an item and leaving the store. First of all, if you complain that a drink is 1.19 why dont you go to a grocery store and buy a 2 or even 3 liter bottle since they are the same price or even cheaper. Secondly, if you are going to complain about something, it should be about something legal and not a crime that your are committing.

Wow you all are insane. Most of you are complaining about not getting free refills when you saved your cups from a store that offers them but really, all you are doing is shoplifiting even though you arent literally grabbing an item and leaving the store. First of all, if you complain that a drink is 1.19 why dont you go to a grocery store and buy a 2 or even 3 liter bottle since they are the same price or even cheaper. Secondly, if you are going to complain about something, it should be about something legal and not a crime that your are committing.

I am not comitting a crime; I am paying 7 Eleven good money for those refills. Let me rephrase that: I am paying 7 Eleven full retail price for refills, not the disocunted refill price.

almost all fast food chains have free refills (usually do i yourself because we're to stupid to get it right anyways)just save your cups in your car and whenever your thirsty stop in for the free refill.
I only had a problem w/ that once the lady behind the counter said you didnt buy that here, I politely replied Oh well I guess I must've got this McDonalds cup at taco bell. I smiled finished filling and left.

Wow...that made me really crack up. :D The people near my McDonalds are so stupid they give you extra cups and stuff, where there are only 4 people. We were like...ok? And then exchanged it for fries :)

I am not comitting a crime; I am paying 7 Eleven good money for those refills. Let me rephrase that: I am paying 7 Eleven full retail price for refills, not the disocunted refill price.

Thats true, 7-11 is really expensive, for the crap that they give you. And all of them speak indian and they scream and shout at you if you do something wrong. Its kinda funny when you make a indian accent, and they get made, and look at you like "what is that stupid white kid doing?". But anyways...that was kinda mean, but they really need to lighten up or have some good customer service. Call 7-11 HQ, and tell them about that. :(

just buy a damn drink and put as much stuff in it so no one will notice you took anything besides a drink lol itll make up for having to pay for that "free refill"

For some reason, 7-11 stores are pretty rare in our city. Most of them are just gas station stores like "Town Pantry" (in Chevron etc.)

A supermarket has better stuff on special for a tenth of the price at 7-11, why would you bother? Slups... suck eggs anyway, i'd be happy with my caffinee. Pepsi!!