xisto Community
husker

Of Mice And Men

I've never read it, the title sounds boring to me. Sparknotes work really well, we had to do a book report for Composition I this year and I picked a book, read some of it, and then just used sparknotes for the rest. The teacher was impressed at my level of understanding of the book, because it was a really high-level book (Fahrenheight 451). The parts I read were pretty understandable. What do you mean by Sparknotes? I just googled Fahrenheight 451 and found a huge amount of summaries.

Fahrenheit 451 a high-level book? No offence, but I read it as a Freshmen for school and it was probably our easiest book that year... And, at least at my school, you might be able to pass using Sparknotes (meaning a low D on the test) but really, why sacrifice your grade for something so easy? Of Mice and Men is really good (not to mention fairly short) and it makes you take a different look at people, who they really are inside. You've gotta love Lenny and sympathsize with George and even though the ending was so blatently foreshadowed, it's still really shocking...

BTW, networker, The Grapes of Wrath was written by Steinbeck as well... maybe that's why you saw so many similarities? :D I read it this year for school and it was a LOT longer. It contained a lot more... ideas and things to think about and although I did enjoy it, I think I liked the simpleness of OMAM better.

Replying to husker

the book was really good you should give it some time. The ending is sad though. But I think what geaord did was a good thing. But that Baow guy just messed up the ending. His a party pooper. I'm in 9th grade and I just finished the book with my class, we all loved the book it was the best novel ever. The author did a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious job.

Where can I read the full book online??Of Mice And Men

I'm in ninth grade and had to read this a few weeks ago. I really liked it. It does get more interesting as you go along. The more you pay attention to it, the more you see the hidden meanings. Such as when Lennie, Candy, Crooks, and Curley's wife were all talking in Crook's room. These are the minorities of the time all in one room talking about their hardships. A woman, and black man, and old cripple, and a mentally disabled man. Really think about it..

But anyways, I found this cite because I need to do a paragraph essay on this book. Sounds easy enough, right? Typically I could do this in like 5 minutes flat. But I need to use at least one quote and I left my book at school! Anyone know where I could read the full book online??

Thank you!

-Morgan

This book is amazing. I believe that you will love it. But if you want to beat the system, just go online and read the spark notes for it, then skim the book to pick up the minor details. This helps you retain the info faster, while getting the shenanigans done a lot faster. I'll be honest, I loved the movie. I won't ruin any part of it for you, but I believe that if you understand what's going on, and are aware of the underlying message that begins congealing between the lines. You can use other sites too, like BookRags, or CliffNotes. Those are just a few though.

Replying to huskerActually yes it is. At first it starts out a little boring and even I didnt understand it. It took me some time and as the book went on it started getting interesting. Don't worry I think ull like the book. Just give it chance. And as people say never judge a book by its cover! =P-reply by angie

replying to huskerOf Mice And Men

actually this book isn't all that interesting unless you pay attention from the begging. If you don't like it enough to pay attention till you get into the book yoour never going to like it. Oyu need to know their story. The old time writing just makes it fun to read aloud. I don't like reading but I love reading this book. Enjoy it.

-reply by Jennifer

same issueOf Mice And MenI am also reading the book for school, I'm a freshmen in hihg school. And its dificult to get through, I'm hoping it gets better!-reply by KaelinAnn