xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rvalkass

Using Mobile Phones While Driving Stopping them being used

It doesn't matter if you're driving while connected hands free or not. Both distract you and would let your mind wander off... I remember seeing an episode on Mythbusters about this issue... They drove in a driving course while sober, connected, and drunk (though it was kinda mild, because they had to stay under the legal limit). They failed both tests (drunk and connected) but they did worse when connected.Anyway, to the topic... People have this need to talk on the phone, and the urge usually comes up when driving (or if someone calls). Your idea is pretty neat, but I'm guessing a lot of people will hate it. It'll definitely annoy will annoy the average driver. Of course, people usually think highly of themselves and assume that convenience is better than safety...

it's like getting a litter bug arrestedAlmost everyone does it, you cant control that much when you need police force for worser crimesand how do they know your in a car, it could be a boat, plane,

psychological studies show that its the act of talkign on the phone that causes the most problems. hands-free phones are only slightly safer than regular cell phones. the difference being that you have 2 hands on the wheel. but you experiance the same level of concetration drop as a regular phone.

Yeah... driving while using cell phones is very dangerous. There was an article I just saw that had the title something similar to this:"Driving while using a cell phone is as dangerous as drunk driving."Anyways, where I live, New York (not the city... just New York) it is illegal to drive while using a cell phone, well... you can, but it has to be hands-free. People complained at first, but we're used to it now. I think it's a good idea. It's also illegal to smoke in public buildings. I like that one too.

No they donUsing Mobile Phones While Driving

I can assure you that not 'everyone' does it at all.

There is nothing more infuriating than seeing someone on the phone. As a car and bike rider, whilst on my bike the amount of times Ive nearly been carted by mobile phone morons making lane changes without seeing me 'cos they're too busy blabbing away on their phone.

-reply by Luke

Cell phone use while driving has reached epidemic levels. Soon the standard cell phone will be advanced technologies like Blackberry, Android and iPad4, with the capability to do way more than talking. Cell phones are now used for texting, keeping busy schedules, navigation and social networking. This increased usage has caused countless car accidents. Texting and driving became the #1 killer of teen drivers in 2009, causing 6000 deaths. Cell phones have become a vital part of everyday existence and TOADD, Inc is raising awareness about using cell phones responsibly.We NEED your help saving lives. Cell phones are something we can't live without. Texting & Driving will cause you to NOT live anymore. Text Tastefully.Please take the TADPOLE Pledge today!! http://toadd.org/pledge/