xisto Community
Paul

What Do You Think Of My Site? Do you have what it takes to review my site.

the new site is at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

this is a neat and professional looking website, i love the color scheme and the placement of each components on the page.

there seems to be a problem with IE7, the contact link in the header falls apart from the box in the header, I've put the image below.

Posted Image

I think that you need to work on cross-browser compatibility, several page layout falls apart for example the wordpress page in CMS section.

the rest of the site is superb and keep the work going on.

Edited by delivi (see edit history)

I'm extremely impressed. The layout is clear and easy to read, the images are effective and fairly small, and the pages are organised logically. I like the colour scheme and it's impressively coded. It could, however, take a while to load for people with slower connections than mine. Enabling caching would make it better for people.

As many before me has said, your site looks very professional. I really like how you have the layout, its simple but appealing. The navigation is very easy as well. I'm not sure if you fixed the "problem" but your site seemed to have loaded instantly for me. I hope to see it when it is completely done and I get to see some music tracks, downloads, and an updated portfolio! Keep up the site, I'm sure you will get it going pretty quickly if you just stick with it. I wish you the best of luck have fun with it as well.

nice site , even i m learning how to create websites using CMS , but end up dissappointed , acctually i have only basic knowledge of HTML , and nothing other than that, i try to read book on joomla , but end up sleeping by then,, with little knowledge u have done a great job.. people like u can earn lotta pockett money . why dont u try some freelancer worker.. its only a suggesstion , unless u have a permanent job,cheers ! :P

Nice website, but it seems to be like a wordpress website! UH-OH :PAnyways nice website and I see you are 16, I am 15, and started getting interested in website creation when I was around 7.So good luck!

Really? I tested my site in Opera too. I used Operal 8.5 did you use an older version?

Here is an image of what the site looks like in Opera:

Posted Image

Thanks for the comments! :)

Cheers!

The image attached looks great but the site itself not showing due to account suspension....... :(

I like your design, its really professional design, but there are several problem and something stuck in my mind. First, is not as fast as ordinary site, but, it can be tolerate because you using joomla. second your content is too short and not so strong. your power is just from the design. but your web will be better if you make the strong content. first time I saw your site, i said, WOW cool, how can 15 years guy can design like pro... but when I open the content, I said, oh yes, he is 15. actually youre good designer. I have some problem when use IE7. the last is the site map, is better if you explain more detail there thx

The site is located at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (don't ask about the name... its just a random name)

This site was built on the Joomla CMS (v1.0.8). It also has a directory within it (using the Mostes Tree Directory component for Mambo/Joomla)

The site design was bulit using ONLY NOTEPAD and VERY LITTLE ImageReady (nope, i didnt use photoshop for this one ^_^).

Some cool things about my site include, the "Loading..." script and the transparency on the loading screen, The nice menu on top and the position of the header image (it looks like the content and the top bar are place over it)

So go ahead and tell me what you think about the site and its design. ANY comments will be appreciated.

Regards,

Paul

PS. if your browser doesn't support JavaScript, the loading screen will not go away. Please bear with me, I am trying to figure out a workaround for this :P

I can't see the site ??

well i like it, its professional & what not, but a little too plain & out there, im pretty sure ive seen something like it before. it loaded fast for me, and im using firefox so yea.. you might want to look in the ADD COMMENT form, its superdark blue on a black fontother than that, great site! i like the name

Simple and clean, that's what my opinion about your site. It consists dark background and contrast content (which always my favourite layout of a site)One more + points for your site because it don't contains many text, because the image already descriptive. Thumbs up