xisto Community
husker

What Would You Do?

What would you do in this situation?You invite your best friend to your house. While you are waiting for him to come over, you see an article in the paper that reads, "John Doe killed. $5000 reward to the person who finds and turns in the killer. So you and your friend are talking about what you did over the weekend. He tells you that he accidentely shot this guy named John Doe. Do you turn him in?

Well, shooting a person, and killing a person are two different things. But, that situation is a tough cookie. But, you'd have to find out whether or not that shot killed this "John Doe" person.

Ah the situation is tricky as said by truefusion..Well according to law shooting people out of self-defence is okay..You must find out though what had actually happened..

Um.. I'd make him turn himself in, or I'd do it myself o.oIf you shoot someone out of self-defence, you'd get the cops involved. If you shot someone by accident, you'd get a hospital involved.If you shot someone on purpose.. you're a freakin' killer. So if you shot someone and didn't call 911 pretty soon.. then either A: You shot them with a rubber band or something and you're all okay, no doctors or officers required.. or B...... you're a freakin' killer. Again.Think what you will, but.. I'd turn in a murder o.o

I would turn him in. Not for the reward but rather because I believe it is the right thing to do. There is no point in protecting a killer and there is no point in being friends with a killer. If they had a reason for killing someone then let the court deal with it.

could this be a real thing that applies to your life? if it is, then this stuff is serious. but if its not...i think the reward is not enough, :) haha, just kidding. it would be hard since the person is a friend, but i'd rather figure out for myself if what he said was really true, and turn him in myself. if he asks for me not to turn him in, i'll say whether or not it's intentional, he has to accept the fact that he has done something wrong, and maybe, just maybe, that the charges that would be filed against him would be diminished.but why in the world is he bringing a gun?

I would not turn him in to the police, But I would tell my friend to surrender. he may have some reason why he killed or maybe accidentally killed the guy. He should atleast tell his side of the study, he may have just defended him self from the guy or something. i would noy tell the police for the reward, he willalways be my friend.

Well, this is a tough situation... First of all, if this person is my good friend, I would probably feel bad for him/her, for the obvious reasons ((s)he is my friend, is (s)he not?)... Turning him/her in, for the money is out of the question! I really could use that kind of money, but selling out a friend, for any price, doesn't exist in my vocabulary...I would first try to find out what actually happened, I would probably already know the answer by the look on his/her face, the tone of their voice... If (s)he was nervous, crying, and generaly upset, and if it was an accident, I would first try to calm him/her down, to relax, and we would talk for as long as (s)he needs it... After that, I would try to convince him/her, to go to the police, and tell them everything (s)he said to me, and that I would go along with him/her, as a support...If it wasn't accident, and (s)he had a good reason to kill that person (believe me, I had thoughts of killing several people in my life, some of them - in the most brutal ways), I would provide shelter for my friend, for as long as (s)he needs it... Ofcourse, I would still try to convince him/her to go and give him/her self up, but if (s)he decides against that, I would give him/her any help (s)he might need...This is ofcourse highly theoretical discussion, and I can't claim with 100% certainty that I would do exactly as I wrote here... There are too many variants of this situation, to write them all down, but to sum all this up - My decision would depend on: how good this friend of mine is, if intentional - what's the reason to kill this John Doe guy, if by accident - how did it happen, who this John Doe guy is (believe me, this is very important, to me, and most likely to the cops)...Don't forget, it's situations like this, that you can really see who is your friend, a true friend...

What would you do in this situation?
You invite your best friend to your house. While you are waiting for him to come over, you see an article in the paper that reads, "John Doe killed. $5000 reward to the person who finds and turns in the killer. So you and your friend are talking about what you did over the weekend. He tells you that he accidentely shot this guy named John Doe. Do you turn him in?

an accident happens at a person's home and should be reported. if it didn't happen in the home, then this guy is carrying a loaded weapon somewhere where he shouldn't be. i say report either way. if this is a real situation, then i have to question why you would choose stupid friends and if he is even a real friend.

personally, i would never report true friends or family unless they have no morals or values. trust and loyalty go a long way with me. so does friendship and family. it's after the fact, the guy is dead. all you will be accomplishing is getting someone you care about in trouble because the law is more important. if you turn him in for a measley $5k, then hahaha he wasn't such a best friend after all....

I'm not sure what I'd do. I'd probably try to find out what the circumstances were behind it, but I'd be afraid to have someone come right out and tell me they purposely killed someone. It's not the sort of situation I'd like to find myself in.The reward doesn't really matter to me, because over all, it's not that much. It might be different if it was say 100,000 dollars... or something higher like that.The only thing I would be worried about, even if my friend told me it was an accident, or self defence, is what if they are lying? What if it really was murder? Even if it's not, couldn't they commit it either, when they realise that I know the big secret...?In the end I think I'd probably end up telling the police, because my mind would freak out about doing the right thing, even if I was told it was an accident. I mean, John Doe had a family, and they deserve to know what happened one way or another.Once they cops have more facts, they'll be able to use the facts and the clues to put together a picture of what really happened.

I would turn them in, of course. Whether it was an accident or not, the police should be involved just so everything could get sorted out. The longeer someone hides from the police over an "accident" the more their story looks suspisious.The $5000 would be a bonus :)Now, if this was changed to be a sister or someone in my family I might change my opinion on the matter. Let's hope that none of us really ever has to make a decision like this!

killing and shooting are two different things..he may not have actually killed him but just shot him..but if he did kill him then yeah i would probably turn him in but only if he wont know that it was me that turned him in...if he just shot the guy than nah i wouldnt turn him in..although it was by accident..but you need to tell us if the shot was a kill so we know whether he did kill him or not

As said by earlier posters, killing and shooting are two different things..Again, he may or may not have killed him but shot him, but if he did kill him (or dies) sometime down the track in a hospital or at the scene somewhere, then i'd likely to turn him in, but most likely tip off the authorities where required to keep anonymous if I need to. But again, the person would be pretty cut if a friend turned him in for a shooting.If he just shot him, accidently or not, it really depends on the circumstances. If it did involve a family member or close friend, then I'd most likely wont hestitate to do so.

Edited by arnz (see edit history)

What if the person he shot was drunk. He wasn't driving or doing anything wrong, but the shot was intentional. Your friend was scared when he saw the man walking funny and doing weird things, so he shot him.Does this change your opinion any?