xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Wolves

Xbox 360 Firmware Hack, Unveiled. Yes I know its a rather old topic, but here it is anyways.

Ok, I'm sure some of you have heard of the Xbox 360 firmware hack, but for those of you that haven't...Recently, a flaw was found in Microsoft's 'impenetrable' security of the Xbox 360. Don't jump out of your seat now, as it is a very min?te hack and doesn't affect the console at all, it affects the DVD drive. Through testing and searching, a small group of people who were attempting to crack the 360's security have found a small flaw that allows exactly what Microsoft doesn't want to occur. They were able to alter the Xbox 360's firmware in order to allow themselves to play copied Xbox games. This was accomplished by bypassing the media check in the firmware that reports to the 360 if the game to be played is a genuine 360 disk or if it isn't. This is a very complex hack to undergo, so I would reccomend not attempting it.Anyways, for sometime the people who have found this hack, didn't release it because they didn't intend to allow 360 games to be pirated, they wanted it for researching if it contributed to being able to run 'homebrew' games on the Xbox 360. They recently released the hack, however and now it is out in the wild.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Moved to Gaming Consoles

I just got a 360 man, scary stuff. I mean cool in my point of veiw but scary for the developers. Also it wont work with xbox live so getting those hacks are basically for people with no internet.

it was only a matter of time until someone hacked it. Lucky for that people that have the 360. But it seems really complex and even if i had a 360 i don't think i would be able to do it without messing the whole system up.

This reminds me of the PSP Homebrew escapades. Yes it is amazing to new game developers to learn and play their games on a console, but it opened a pandoras box of simple pirating. Fact of the matter is, you take the good with the bad, but sometime the bad gets used a bit more.

I reckon that it will come sooner of later, I just can't believe it comes so soon. Many people live on piracy in Asia and that?s why a hack to them is very important. Piracy actually boosts the sale of Xbox and other gaming consoles. Many people playing PS2 are not playing authenticated copies.

umm,it may be a little trouble to player.however,i use ps2...i dont know there is any flaw about it...because in ps3 sonly use blue ray drive to instead of previous dvd.plus the prevalent piratic copy is also a problem...

I have heard this has been really succeful. i have heard of many updates for it. It would be intresting to here from the people who have tried the latest one to see what was updated. These people that do this must be very talented to hack something like this. Which Xbox was working really hard to stop this. But they do it for all the systems and it will probally never be stopped. But if only mircosoft would do something like that themselves like better video support they could make more money.