xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
uiop

Ftp And Cpanel Issues

I have two issues:1) cPanel is REALLY slow. It takes forever for it to load!2) Whenever I try to upload a lot of data via FTP, I get a message saying that the connection was terminated by the server after awhile.How do I fix these problems?

unfortunatly it is like this for everyone >_< or atleast it is for me as well...so there is really nothing we can do till OpaQue and his crew does stuff with it...if i understood saint-michael earlyer today he said that the xisto servers were experiancing HIGH DOS attacks whatever that may mean, or someone is sending tons of e-mails...

When did these problems start? If you want a faster ftp process go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ I use this program to upload any files to my web site. All you have to do is open it, type in your info to access your files (it will remember these settings after first input) and it is faster to upload. You don't even have to access your control panel, you can edit all of your files from there. It could be the servers but I still have a fast upload using that but I haven't tried using the control panel.

When did these problems start? If you want a faster ftp process go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ I use this program to upload any files to my web site. All you have to do is open it, type in your info to access your files (it will remember these settings after first input) and it is faster to upload. You don't even have to access your control panel, you can edit all of your files from there. It could be the servers but I still have a fast upload using that but I haven't tried using the control panel.

I am using SmartFTP. I'll try to use FTP again today.

EDIT: Now I'm getting random timeouts when using Xisto!

Edited by uiop (see edit history)

I haven't been having problems at all with my FTP. Could it be your internet connection? I did notice that Xisto was cutting out on my today but I think that was because every hour the system clears out the users on the forums that aren't active or something like that. It goes through some process that sort of shuts it down for a couple minutes.

Most likely "DDOS" attacks. It's basically when someone attacks a server using DOS "ping" commands at a large scale. Am I correct?You can also crash a website by making it process info at a large scale, such as simply hitting reload a couple hundred times a minute.If this is the problem, all I can say is sit tight. Eventually the DDOS'ers IP will be logged and banned, then it'll return to normal.Thanks for your patience!

Most likely "DDOS" attacks. It's basically when someone attacks a server using DOS "ping" commands at a large scale. Am I correct?
You can also crash a website by making it process info at a large scale, such as simply hitting reload a couple hundred times a minute.
If this is the problem, all I can say is sit tight. Eventually the DDOS'ers IP will be logged and banned, then it'll return to normal.

Thanks for your patience!

Actually, most "professional" DDOSers can't be blocked because they can forge their IP addresses. A DDOS attack is when more than one computer cordinates an attack to "swamp" a server. A DOS attack happens when only one computer or network attacks.

Are you saying that my site will have timeouts every hour?!?

Cpanel is not slowyour connection is slow , cpanel has ssl , ssl make site slow but secure , if you look at address bar you can find one yellow lock at address bar or status bar