xisto Community
BooZker

A World Without A Religion?

Do you think the world would be better?  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To Truefusion: Smart @$$ :)Seriously, though, most religions bring about holy wars and other events that cost millions of lives. It doesn't seem to me like it is worth having opinionated groups that are allowed to kill in order to spread their opinions. Annoying door-to-door stuff, maybe (although that is annoying too), but any religion that is violent or has a majority of violent followers (*cough* Islam *cough*) should be split up as if it were a homocidal cult.

1. Before Jesus died, in the Christian belief, did all people go to hell?2. If God is so nice why did he create the flood to wipe everyone out? That seems more like actions of a Devil. No matter how you look at it, it was an evil action. Murder is murder not matter what, correct? It was not self defence. Plus, if they had free will why would it matter what they did. It was their choice. So in conclusion, no matter how you see this it will always be evil. Please don't say well Moses told them because there is no way he could tell the entire world.

[1]This question depends on the Christian's belief. But the most common belief is Judgement Day. Meaning, everyone dies (put into a deep sleep), then, come Judgement Day, they are all revived and judged. Although, hundreds, or maybe thousands of years have gone by. To the person that has been revived, it would seem like just a day went by.

But Judgement Day isn't only a Christian belief. It is also a Jewish and an Islamic belief.

[2]Just to clear something up: Moses wasn't alive during the time of Noah. :D
Secondly, it wasn't a "world-wide" flood. It was a local flood.
Linky: http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/localflood.html
And another thing: God gave them the time to repent and turn their ways from evil before sending the flood.
[hr=noshade]

To Truefusion: Smart @$$ :)

LOL xP :P

Seriously, though, most religions bring about holy wars and other events that cost millions of lives. It doesn't seem to me like it is worth having opinionated groups that are allowed to kill in order to spread their opinions. Annoying door-to-door stuff, maybe (although that is annoying too), but any religion that is violent or has a majority of violent followers (*cough* Islam *cough*) should be split up as if it were a homocidal cult.

Linky for you too: http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/atrocities.html[/hr]
Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

[2]Just to clear something up: Moses wasn't alive during the time of Noah.

haha damn it i meant that

Ok Please note:Un-World Wide Religions:Religion is just brain washing, they make you think that you cant live without the religion and get you to give them money etc. They do this by keeping you up for several days without food or water, and then they give you a huge scare, weather its a fake-near death or wheteva, they then say to give them stuff and their god will protect you, you are in such a state that you believe them and do what they say.DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU ARE CHRISTIAN.The world is obviously not created by god, who is god, who made god and best of all why do wars and bad things happen.Answer: There is no god!The bibel has been re-written billions of times, new lies added, although the origional may have been true, the book may have started off as a fairy tale. But think I ate a cupcake means you ate a cupcake, but back then I ate a cupcake may have meant I went to the toilet.So... the language barrier changed things alot.The church gets loads of money, they hassel you at your doorstep, (only if your close enough)Plus, the world was craeted by spinning gases, and if god where real why arent we managing petrol etc a bit better, think about world vision.... why is that there?the world is a star, everybody knows how stars are made, and most people know that on some very lucky stars there is life, because of the range of gases that were able to create the star, they created tiny creatures, smaller than plankton, they then grow bigger and more things are born.

Edited by lemonwonder (see edit history)

Religion is just brain washing, they make you think that you cant live without the religion and get you to give them money etc.

They do this by keeping you up for several days without food or water, and then they give you a huge scare, weather its a fake-near death or wheteva, they then say to give them stuff and their god will protect you, you are in such a state that you believe them and do what they say.

I think you've been brain washed with lies. Cause everything mentioned here is a lie.

The world is obviously not created by god, [1]who is god, [2]who made god [3]and best of all why do wars and bad things happen.

Answer: There is no god!

You failed to prove that there is no God. Also, you'd think if it were so obvious, ALL people would know that the world was not created by God. However, we can obviously see that the possibility that it was created by God is far greater than the posibility that it wasn't.

[1]God is God.

[2]God was not created; unlike us.

[3]Not all wars are intended for doing evil. It just so happens that people are willing to die for freedom, and others are willing to kill to keep people under their power. And bad things happen because people can be bad no matter who/what they are. We are the ones that make our lives miserable.

Linky for you too: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The bibel has been re-written billions of times, new lies added, although the origional may have been true, the book may have started off as a fairy tale.

You speak of which you do not know. The Bible was translated many times, yes. We have several Bibles out there translated by over a hundred scholars using the best available Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts. But it's funny on how you'll believe the history books in school, and not the history books of Abrahamic religions.

I ate a cupcake means you ate a cupcake, but back then I ate a cupcake may have meant I went to the toilet.

So... the language barrier changed things alot.

Different writings and words have been changed, yes, but the meaning is still there. You can grab practically any word from any language and translate it into a word for another language. For example, the english word 'cat', is spelled 'katze' in german. They're both the same animal.

[1]The church gets loads of money, [2]they hassel you at your doorstep, (only if your close enough)

[1]And they also donate some of the money they get to charities.

[2]Those are JW's. It does not include everyone.

Plus, the world was craeted by spinning gases, and if god where real why arent we managing petrol etc a bit better, think about world vision.... why is that there?

Relate to the linky.

the world is a star, everybody knows how stars are made, and most people know that on some very lucky stars there is life, because of the range of gases that were able to create the star, they created tiny creatures, smaller than plankton, they then grow bigger and more things are born.

The world is not a star.

Unlike a planet, a star generates energy through nuclear fusion and therefore emits light.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star

Oh, and when the Bible was written, "I ate a cupcake" would not have meant "I ate a cupcake" simply because the cake wasn't invented until about 2000 years ago, let alone complex spin-offs like cupcakes.

Personally, I think that, in many cases, religions are methods of control. Consider that practically every society ever to develop has either created or adopted some kind of religion. Perhaps religions were simply created as a cheap and easy way to control the masses. If a society believes that they can do whatever they want without consequences, there will be anarchy. However, if they were convinced that there was a supreme, all-seeing, all-knowing, and all-powerful being watching over everything that would strike them down if they "sinned", they would hesitate before doing said "sins." This would mean that the society would have to spend less time and money on police, courts, and other expenses related to crimes. Look at how much money the United States spends on their criminal system, and it doesn't come close to catching everything. Now, if everyone in the USA was a Christian, that budget could be chopped down to nearly nothing. Seems a perfectly good incentive for a society to write an "inspired" book, make up a diety, and start pressing it on the people.

Oh, and when the Bible was written, "I ate a cupcake" would not have meant "I ate a cupcake" simply because the cake wasn't invented until about 2000 years ago, let alone complex spin-offs like cupcakes.

Well the bible was written after the year 6 A.D. so that means when the bible was written they did have cake.

But honestly a lot of people can say the world would be better without Religion only because we live in a world where religion no longer matters like it used to. You go back about 1500-2500 years religion is what made the world the place it is today. I am personally not a big religious person, but I don't believe for a moment that the world would be a better place without it.

Yeah Wars WERE started because of religion and fighting still goes on because of religion so what PLENTY of wars have been started because of politics as well and probably have killed more people than any holy wars ever did. So why not get rid of Politics? I know the world would be a better place then, the living people of a country could actually make decisions to benefit society not just the government. Honestly getting rid of Religion would be like telling an Atheist they HAVE to believe in God. Really there would still be many many wars if religion was gone, people would find something else to argue over.

I think we SHOULD get rid of politics. What are they but attempts to cheat one's way into power? But that's not the issue, here. The issue is that religion causes many wars, including the constant middle eastern wars that are raging right now. Judaism vs Islam, and until one of those two religions is exterminated, the killing will not stop.As for the Bible, I thought it was supposedly first written by Noah or Moses or somesuch in like 2000+ B.C. In any case, cupcakes, a spinoff of cakes, wouldn't have been around so soon after the original's first discovery. For example, it took hundreds of years for chocolate to become a sweet snack.

Yes, true. Are you saying that because they do not beat kids now that they are street kids? There was a study which i should not bring up because it is controversial and it will change this post, but it says why there are so many street kids now then there was before.

That seems kind of odd though. Wasn't there a lot of black people where they were. I mean it's not like they were in Russia. They were areas like the middle east and africa. I'm not saying they were racist, but why would he be called the black when most of the people were very dark in color. Plus i would be pissed off and bring terror if i was a slave. Just like most places, you have to fight for freedom. It's not like you can just be,"i'm a slave and i wish it would change," it's not like that at all.

See that is not how i see it. I see it as a union between two persons. Plus if your in America isn't that blocking your LEGAL right of choice of religion? What if their religion was to marry someone of the same sex only? Just like you have to have certain shots to get into school, UNLESS, you religion says it's not right.

Well yah, No animals get married. If it was a male and female or male and male or even a female and female no animals get married. Marriage was made up by humans.

This is slightly off topic, but i have just a couple questions:

1. Before Jesus died, in the Christian belief, did all people go to hell?

2. If God is so nice why did he create the flood to wipe everyone out? That seems more like actions of a Devil. No matter how you look at it, it was an evil action. Murder is murder not matter what, correct? It was not self defence. Plus, if they had free will why would it matter what they did. It was their choice. So in conclusion, no matter how you see this it will always be evil. Please don't say well Noah. told them because there is no way he could tell the entire world.

1. I will not go to discuss the street kids or homeless. You can initiate a topic for us. Only I said that while parents has no right to displines their kids, they are responsibles of the damages their kids do what in my view unjust.

2. You asked me why they call him "Moses the Black" and I answered. He was from Ethiopia then he was pure black not as the Egyptian. If you want reference I can give you but this is not our point.. In that place was many Moses and to distinguish them they use another character (the tall, the black, the fat, etc...). That was not racism. The opposite they upgrade him to become famous Saint. I give the story of "St Moses the Black" as how a murder and bandit can be transformed to be pure and saint by beliefs and religion.

3. The slaves in ancient times has no will and you see how they were treated in US until 50 years ago. How many generation was passed until they got their FREEDOM. Don't till me that if you was you break up in weeks that situation. In history not only black were slaves but the war prisoners and the conquered cities women were sold as slaves and there were market for that. Religions which influenced step by step for their freedom and equality. Islam started to liberate all slaves. Also Islam stopped killing girls babies habits among Arab before among the poor.

4. I am summarizing what Christian and sometimes the Jews believe. Whatever you agree or not.

i. Christian believe that people before Jesus Crucifixion were in temporary place and they released after eliminating the original sin (Adam's sin). Jews still waiting the Messiah.

ii. God is Love and mercy but also JUST. Exactly as father or the judge in Court. The flood was happened for the sin of people (that what you can read in Bible). Sodom city set in fire because there were no more than 10 persons in the city doing the God's order. Ancient Egyptian also believed on the judgment in the after death life and every has account for his first life.

ii. there were many time in old testament, where God order to kill people for their sin and purify the group. Both Christian and Jews believes that were just whatever you agree or not.

iv. It is not matter what I see it or you see it. But it is matter of belief of Christian , Jews and Muslim.

v. People wasn't need Noah to told them about the wrong things. These were the responsibilities of all parents from generation to generation since the head of the tree (Adam & Eve). Only Noah did the Ark to save his family and samples of the other animals [that was the story]. People some times were needed prohibits or messenger to remind them.

5. You speak a lot about murderer and forget what your citizen in US are doingevery where and how they Justifying what Israel is doing. You repeat that murder is murder but don't till your people to stop doing that. Also executing the murders (I don't against) must me murder too.

6. I already agreed that marriage is human invition and defined as partenership between a male and female . No animal and no any religion contradict that so it is hypothical your question what if their relegion allow that

A world where religion did not exsist would be impossible, as we are born curious about the underlying principles in religion. Any religion is basically just a series of stories outlining three things:How we humans got on earth. Where we are going after we die.How we should behave in our lifetime to get to the right place after we die. We think, we wonder, and therefore we have religion.

Hey,I do think that a world without religion would be much more better. Why you ask? Well there wouldn't be so many people with problems in beliefs or what not. Also I think there wouldn't be much conflict. People argue too much sometimes if they believe in something else. One person gets ticked and start hating that group of people or religion. Also there wouldn't be so many complications in life. Like I heard in one religion that you can't love something other than a person. Your joking right..? But then again there is a bad side to this aswell. We would all be blinded by the mysteries. Like Brandice had said, we wouldn't know how we got on the earth, where we are going to go after we die and how we should act in our after-life. There would be many questions brought with this. And then nobody will be able to know them because no one has studied the specified religion. So there isn't a win/lose situation here. Just a little mishap. These are what I have to say about this.~Lunar

~Lunar

I know your new here so i'll tell you so you don't get other people telling you haha. Don't sign your name. Thanks

A world where religion did not exsist would be impossible, as we are born curious about the underlying principles in religion. Any religion is basically just a series of stories outlining three things:

Indeed, but that is why religion is becoming less "needed" Remember the sun god and rain god in history class? Well we now know why there is rain and sun, so there is no need for a rain god anymore. Eventualy we will come to find out more and more and less god's there will be. How many gods are there now? Really there is not many.

Only I said that while parents has no right to displines their kids, they are responsibles of the damages their kids do what in my view unjust.

I believe this also. If a child does something wrong it is the child's fault somewhat, but it is the parents job to teach them wrong and right and to correct their behavior.

2. You asked me why they call him "Moses the Black" and I answered. He was from Ethiopia then he was pure black not as the Egyptian. If you want reference I can give you but this is not our point.. In that place was many Moses and to distinguish them they use another character (the tall, the black, the fat, etc...). That was not racism. The opposite they upgrade him to become famous Saint. I give the story of "St Moses the Black" as how a murder and bandit can be transformed to be pure and saint by beliefs and religion.

I didn't think it was racism. I was just wondering why they called him that sense there are many black people where they are in the bible.

4. I am summarizing what Christian and sometimes the Jews believe. Whatever you agree or not.i. Christian believe that people before Jesus Crucifixion were in temporary place and they released after eliminating the original sin (Adam's sin). Jews still waiting the Messiah.
ii. God is Love and mercy but also JUST. Exactly as father or the judge in Court. The flood was happened for the sin of people (that what you can read in Bible). Sodom city set in fire because there were no more than 10 persons in the city doing the God's order. Ancient Egyptian also believed on the judgment in the after death life and every has account for his first life.
ii. there were many time in old testament, where God order to kill people for their sin and purify the group. Both Christian and Jews believes that were just whatever you agree or not.
iv. It is not matter what I see it or you see it. But it is matter of belief of Christian , Jews and Muslim.
v. People wasn't need Noah to told them about the wrong things. These were the responsibilities of all parents from generation to generation since the head of the tree (Adam & Eve). Only Noah did the Ark to save his family and samples of the other animals [that was the story]. People some times were needed prohibits or messenger to remind them.

Thanks. I was wondering how that worked.

5. You speak a lot about murderer and forget what your citizen in US are doingevery where and how they Justifying what Israel is doing. You repeat that murder is murder but don't till your people to stop doing that. Also executing the murders (I don't against) must me murder too.

I DO! I am very liberal and i would never join the army. I litteraly HATE George Bush and i think he is thee worst president we have ever had. I think we should back off. George Bush is the one who says god speaks to him and tells him to kill human lives. Trust me i don't think any god would tell one person that he should go and kill children and ruin familes. I know you didn't mean it, but to me that is very offensive to say I justify that. That is against ALL of my morals and beliefs. War is such a stupid thing.

If you think about, A world without religon would be great. Fro example, World War I and II wher both caused mainly because of religon. Also racism wouldnt exist that would be great. But if you think, human have built theyre life on relgion, if we didnt have it, music wouldnt exist, our technology problalby wouldnt exist and i even think if theyre was no religon back 1000 years ago those people still wouldnt be able to talk, the anicent Greeks and Romans based theyre life on religon and so did most of the othre ancinet civilisations. Also super heroes wouldnt exist so if we did have a world without religon, there would be no movies as these super heroes would exist, also if we didnt have religon, no one would have courage, fear and hope. So thats why a world without religon would be really bad!