xisto Community
finaldesign

What Processor You Have? PC processors only please.

What processor you have?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi all,

I don't know if you already had poll about processor type, but now I think ist time to tell again, which processor we have. I have AMD Duron - 1,6 ghz, but personally I think that pentium4 is best choice. Reason for me to have Duron is cheap price.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my work I am using Pentium 4 2.8mhz and AMD duron 800mhz at home. if you're going to ask me about which one is the best? well. P4 is good but still depend on the setup. I'm using p4 in my office but the setup was not good enough. My amd is very good and work well specially ingames. I asked one of my friends about amd they said that AMD is good for games... but I plan to upgrade for P4 and setup it for myself to make sure it will run properly..

I have an Intel crap.... It's an Intel Pentium IV 2.53 GHZ w/ out hyper-threading. I want an AMD Athlon processor, or better a IBM-Apple G5!!Oh yeah, you forgot to add G5 on the list. (Please note: the term PC stands for Personal Computer. A personal computer can range from and INTEL to an IBM-Apple G5)xboxrulz

In my office I am currently using P4 3.0mhz and setup as server but due to continues operation there was a time that it run slowly. I am trying to upgrade for zeon dual processors but it's very expensive, somebody help me to choose what kind of server I need to setup that holds about 50-60 workstations and off course affordable.

I voted other as I have an AMD Thunderbird (P4 equiv, I believe) 2.4Ghz...bought it over a year ago and it's still running, which is a first for anything I own.  The PSU inside my machine is fried, but still pumps power into the MB...the fan in it doesn't spin all the time (and makes a hell of a racket when it does) so every so often the PC turns off as the PSU overheats...plus there's a wire loose inside so I have to jiggle the cable between the PSU and the MB to get it working...

...I'd buy another but I'm a lazy bastard :-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe that the thunderbird is just the core for some anthlon cpu's.

I have an AMD 3500+ (939 socket, so if I want to get, say, a fx-55 or something it's easy ;)) w/ 1 gb dual channel pc 3200 ddram, 19" viewsonic perfect flat monitor, MSI ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 mb, cheacp 80 gb hd, 16x DVD burner and a 52x Cd-rw drive. This all cost me $1250 about 2-3 months ago, really good price for what I got. I'm also running xp pro, but I already had that before I got the parts to build the computer.

And xbox, most people consider the pc to be ibm-style computers, if I'm thinking correctly right now. Mac's don't qualify then.

one more thing....reason for the gap in speed rating....pipelines.p4 uses 20 i belive being able to spread the speed spectrum over 20 units, while amd uses a 10 or 12 pipeline doing more work per cycle, and having less chance of a pipeline loss due to less units in the pipeline.in the most recent test the amd won 6 out of 7 tests vs. the new p4 hyperthreading and the g4 and g5....hell amd was not only the cheaper of all the systems but it was the best and the only comparo it lost in was less than a 5% difference between the p4 and amd 64amd new king of personal chips....and with the new 64 bit architexture, the possibilities are extreme

I have AMD AthlonXP1800+ and i am very satisfied with it! I am using it for 2 years now and can't say anything against it - it works great with 512 DDRAM - i really don't need anything better since i don't play games that much...

I have a pentium 4 3.4 ghz processor in my Dell XPS laptop. Runs great. Also there is no pentium V just intel duo chips and then intel duo 2's are coming out in the next month or 2.

I am currently using pentium 4 630+ 3.00GHz. I am thinking of upgrading both motherboard and processor. I want to buy a Dual Socket LGA 775 motherboard with 2x Pentium XE 3.8GHz (Dual core w/HTT).I think thats kool.

I had Pentium 3, 700Mhz then Pentium 4, 1.70Ghz and now I have Pentium 4, 3.0Ghz .. I like only Pentium processors :)