xisto Community
BOAW

I Find Myself Improving Because Of Trap17 I Find This Type Funny Lol

you know how try to put as much content in your posts to earn as much credits as you can in a post? well not only that i try doing that but i kinda like do the same when im talking to my friends online lol...like i would explain things more and say more than i really have to like i usually try to do here in Xisto lol haha...i dont know i guess Xisto is also helps people to communicate better like it kinda teaches us how to be more detailed and use better vocabulary and type with less abbreviations and slang. what do you think? is what happened to me happen to you, yet?

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Modified topic title.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I have different writing styles for instant messaging and forum posting. In IM conversations, I can type short messages, often with mistakes (which I correct by typing the word in and putting a '*' after it). On forums (any forum, to stretch this out), I try to use the best spelling possible and make my points clear. I type complete sentences (where have we not seen that?), use few emoticons, and put in a decent amount of content. For a pretty good example of this style, click my name next to the post, click Profile Opions, and then View Member's Posts, and you can see my beautiful (sarcasm) posts. But really, making things clear and content rich not only enhances the forum, but also enhances you as well.

I agree. You find better content to put into you messages. I started using words I would have never used in real life. It's amazing how much you can say by typing on a keyboard. :)

I always find it unethical to abbreviate words when posting at online forum. As much as possible I want other people to understand and read my posts properly, the way I want them to understand tose posts. I hate reading sentences and words that appear as hyroglyphics or some other sort of alien words. I know most people here are not fluent in English nor have English as languange, so let us be more considerate in posting so they could atleast understand what we are talking about. In this way they could also learn the proper way to write and speak the language that everyone is using to communicate at the forum.

Infact i really agreed with you BAOW ... Really i also get improved day by day in posting . Just in the begning i was wondering that how i will get credits.. But then by the pessage of time i become very familiar with the rules and just understand that all Xisto members are like good buddies so we just share our thaughts , ideas , problems and solution to the other buddies problems here. So it a very nice way to communicate with friends on Xisto.Infact its LIKE my presentation while posting here. I'm getting improved day by day ! :)

umm,besides online forum,I only use MSN to contact with foreign people...in spoken english.but post in forum is different from that IMO,forum is a good place to communicate with any kind of people and content.at the time earning credit,read and think in the post is a happy thing.

i dont know i guess Xisto is also helps people to communicate better like it kinda teaches us how to be more detailed and use better vocabulary and type with less abbreviations and slang.

A bit more punctuation would be nice too though. :)

Apart from IM which I rarely use and with which I type short and loose to make sure I get everything out before the other person says something, I type the same whether I'm on a forum, writing emails, reports or whatever. It's because I started my career as a journalist/subeditor and old habits die hard.

i got lost there for a moment. there were some parts that i could understand what you're trying to point out. but then again, maybe it's just me or something.i don't really know if trap has made a significant impact on me (don't get me wrong, i didn't mean that in a derogative way), since i communicate here in the way i communicate with other people using english as language. and as a person giving respect to others, i try to follow rules that encourages people to respect those whom they are talking to, especially in forums such as these, because sometimes, people take the internet for granted. you could just mask yourself by using a nickname/codename and bash people and put threats even though some are just for fun. but just as the same, i could use trap as a vent, or try to answer some posts that i think would be fun or interesting, try to give some friendly advice to those who need them, and ask people for some advice, if i ever need one.

It's funny... my english mark improved! I've paid more attention in my writing, and people understood me more... hopefully!

I've never abbreveated words online, so posting here hasn't changed me in that way. I have found that I tend to use more words than I I usually would to make sure I am getting my point across the first time. (I think that had more to do with all that time with no edit button and not wanting to double post)It's a bit harder for me in chatrooms sometimes because I feel like I have to explain myself and before I can hit enter the people are on to another topic.