xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wild20

How Do I Make My Forum More Popular?

Get your site out there, but not by spamming it. For example, participating in other forums with your own forum in your signature for example, also keeping content fresh, keywords for search engines and the like. Also further to note, i've noticed that some forums use a portal, where the front page is mainly news, latest threads and the like.. or forum threads that "act" as a news header, followed by "replies" in the threads, cleverly disguised as "read comments".

You can post your site in your signature, post them on other websites. or just spread by mouth. But if you post on another person website, they might not like that so if there is an advertisement section i would post your website there and describe it.

Edited by goldtupac (see edit history)

There are few steps to make your forum popular.1.First of all you need some active members and staff for your forum2. make good Categories and topics to discuss.3.Try to keep the spammers away from you forum cause oftenly they cause bad impression for your forum 4.make the design simple and attractive. (don't make over it extra)5.If you can try to the link exchange to get new users.6.Don't forget things never become popular in days or in moments. it take times and need worksi guess there are few steps that can make your form popular.

What about paid postings

Ā 

I know of a couple of forums that are doing pretty good.

Ā 

They use paid posters and I was also told that the more links you provide in a thread, the more search engine friendly the forum becomes.

Ā 

Has anybody used these tactics?

Ā 

-reply by Just_me

Why is this forum not popular?

Ā 

Traffic goes like this:

Ā 

Ā 

That's per day, in order. I understand patience is a virtue, but seriously - what am I doing wrong?

Ā 

-reply by Jesse

A further suggestion, if traffic is going up and down like a yoyo, is to keep the content fresh, as well as keep posting regularly on other forums, which allows advertising in signatures. If you are gonna advertise in signatures on other forums, like others said, I would strongly suggest to have a catchy signature which will catch a readers attention. For example, if a forum board is something about shirts, their design and so forth, a signature could be colourful with a small shirt and maybe a phrase or line after the URL (in the signature of cause) leading the reader to the site.

Well, it's very important issue for a new forum. A forum helps people to discuss about various things in real life. A good forum should have a good number of active members.

We developed a forum called: Vector & Graphics Design Community

We need new members to join in.

This post on this forum is very useful for now forum admins.

Thank you everybody ;-)

Seems this is a normal issue that happens with new forums websites. We just released our Freelancer Forum website and like you its a struggle to new members that are not spammers! We created a twitter account and facebook page and started our promotion via social networks first. Then we bought some ad spots and started placing ads on more populate websites. Slowly but surely your forum will start to grow. Good luck to you!