xisto Community
finaldesign

The Best Media Player Which is your best media player?

The best emdia player is:  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One issue that i had with VLC player is that it tries to remove the subs that we get from anime download. Maybe we should get VLC running with sub support. I don't know how many of you noticed that but i see no subs when i play bleach episodes on VLC player. Perhaps a glitch in VLC ?

i was using VLC for 4 years till i wanted to watch avatar blue-ray and the vlc framerate dropped. i watched the cpu activity and i found it's not even above five percent so i went for another player. i tested more than 10 player and finally the kmp solved the problem. i don't know why but vlc have probelm with blue-ray (maybe only on my pc) so i use a combination of kmp (for blue-rays) and vlc (for any other media) .

I think I would have to say that ITunes is one of my favourite media players. It is one of the best I feel. It is incredibly simple to use but it is the same program that links up to the ITunes shop - where you can download music etc and the same program is the program that detects IPod's, IPhones, IPads etc.

One issue that i had with VLC player is that it tries to remove the subs that we get from anime download. Maybe we should get VLC running with sub support. I don't know how many of you noticed that but i see no subs when i play bleach episodes on VLC player.
Perhaps a glitch in VLC ?

I have no issues with subs on the bleach videos that I watch, one of the reason why it won't show was bad encoding/packing of matroska files and mp4 files. Since subbing and distributing shows and giving them out for free means loosing money for the creators, they are shutting down the subbers website. Now the long standing subbers are giving links on limited persons and even have selective trackers. The ones that left sharing to the world are mostly bad subbers that have no clue about quality checks.

I have no issues with subs on the bleach videos that I watch, one of the reason why it won't show was bad encoding/packing of matroska files and mp4 files. Since subbing and distributing shows and giving them out for free means loosing money for the creators, they are shutting down the subbers website. Now the long standing subbers are giving links on limited persons and even have selective trackers. The ones that left sharing to the world are mostly bad subbers that have no clue about quality checks.

I have faced issues with rmvb and mkv files. I don't know how they can do subbing with avi files. If they can encode inside the avi files then surely this will help a lot while file conversion. By the way creators are sacking subbers ? why is that ? because outside JP there is rarely any anime channel that shows their animes. anyway this is legal issue.

the best media player for me is vlc. vlc is cross-platform so i can use it in ubuntu and in win7.vlc is not only a player but it can stream videos trough local network too which i use to see tv from all pcs in the network.i have some problems with it, the first one is high resolutions mkv files which this player can not handle very well and frame rate drops in 1080p mkv files, the second one is seeking in rmvb & wmv files which blurs the screen for 5 seconds which is very annoying, the third one is quality of sound when you turn up the volume when i set it to the max there is huge distortion.anyway for me this is the best player except for 1080p movies which i have to see with kmplayer.

I also use VLC player. Like Iniyila say, is one of the best.But also I have BSPlayer installed and is usually used for movies (my girlfriend don't know how to use VLC).For audio files I have iTunes. At first it was a bit tricky to use, but when you learn how to use it is very good.

In my opinion there is no best media player its just what people prefer to use ;) but even so my favorite media(I hardly watch anything offline videos on my computer) would have to be foobar2000 if on a rare occasion I happen to be watching an offline video clip then I like vcl player I hate having to use apple made products like quicktime because I think they were deliberately made to make windows users mad the're just so laggy on windows >.<Regards, CalebFTW.

Somebody ought to update the poll on this thread to include VLC player. Before I 'discovered' VLC player, I used MPlayer and only made the switch when I realized that they use the same libraries. VLC player does tend to crash when using the Playlist feature which is why I sometimes use Windows Media Player. Winamp was the first of the players I used for playing MP3s. I guess the Windows Media Player included in Windows 95 could not play MP3 files so I installed Winamp and went with it till I had a bunch of videos to play with the DivX player. I eventually moved to MPlayer, having had enough of installing codec packs and having 'conflicts' from installing multiple codec packs, and wanting a GUI, I switched to VLC Player. I still use VLC player and apart from 7-Zip and MS Office is one of the first things that I install after re-formatting and getting my operating system running. The best thing about VLC player is that you can also run it on Linux (and perhaps on Mac OS X too?) so when you do move between computers with different operating systems, you still get to have that same familiar interface that has grown on you over the years.

Hello friends,VLC is a fine media player, but it's not the easiest to use on a television. I switch between XBMC and GOM player depending on what I am doing from the couch. GOM allows for simple audio sync and aspect ratio correction and has single click pause (I can't live without single mouse click pause). It also allows for automatic unlocking of files once stopped making it possible to move files from another computer and GOM will probably find where it went without skipping a beat.Best regardsVicky Milza

For me, VLC is the best media player. It gives the features that I want such as streaming videos, playing most media types, and taking an easy snapshot of the scene. It's easy to use too. The feature I found interesting is the ability to add video effects such as sharpness, adjustments, rotation, and zoom. I also remember using it to listen to online radios. But since it isn't listed on the poll, I voted for Windows Media Player. I also used Winamp on my laptop before. I can say that it's good but I still like VLC more.