xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Moolkye

Solar Power For Small Electronics

Someone make Solar packs for small electronics. They used to have these for PocketPCs, but I don't know whatever happened to the company. But seeings how alof of people are using more and more of their portable electronics outside and away from power sources, I think this would be a great idea. What do you guys/gals think?Dan

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

I quite like solar power and feel we should use it more often than we are doing. It's also cheaper in the long run and doesn't use up the natural resources we could be using for other things. Although many things only really have batteries, solar power would be good and much more reliable (as long as the sun shines, then there's no need to replace anything - batteries need replacing ever so often).However, using solar power isn't all good. It does have it's disadvantage, which is that when there's no sun, the product won't work.I'm sure as time goes on though, there will be new inventions allowing us to overcome this problem.

I think that we should be using solar power on small electronics, even if it's for personal convenience rather than saving the environment. Surely most people have had an important device die on them while they're in the middle of something and a solar charger would be a brilliant way to stop the batteries going flat.It seems odd that at my school, GCSE students are able to use solar panels to generate and store power, yet big name companies refuse to put them onto their products.

Solor power is great but it's really expensive. I have seen quite a few solar panels to power small electronics but where I live it costs around $100 Canadian for a small solar panel that only provides 1.5 to 3 volts of electricity. At that price I rather just buy some rechargeable batteries. If the prices were a bit cheaper, perhaps at $50 or so I might get one.

I think solar power is a great thing. It is clean, efficient and reliable. I think more people should have solar panels to heat water in their house's and other such things.

Nice find moolkye! That site is great. For Pocket PCs and all that good stuff. It will really cut down on impact to the cosystem. I think we should be trying harder to switch over more of our personal electronics to solar. Solar is free, except for the price of the device to ctach the sun, and it works great with just about anything. I would love to do a house in solor, but you really need some place where you get a solar friendly area. Like California or something. Hey nice find guys. Love the site and will be sure to go back :)

i've never really been into solar power. i used to have a power power watch.. it wasnt very effective. died alot of times and had to leave it to charge while i was out. that was a long time ago now. the solar power they have these days must be alot more advanced and stable, its a good alternative from all these batteries we're consuming in this technological era and it would be a good boost in our efforts to saving this planet. i mean, we dont have that many natruall resources left and at the rate of consumption we're currently running at its just going to get worse and worse. if we dont take action, this world is gonna be really screwed up for our children and their children. oh yeh, i still prefer batteries btw. ;]

I like the idea but i dont think it would work to be honest... If we were sitting out in the garden or anyewhere outside in the open air then it would be pretty usefull providing its sunny but most of the time when we would use portable things would be traveling, like on a train or bus where the light, especially on a train, is restricted a lot. I wonder if they could use a solar panel to ru na UV light which would then provide the power for the solar panel...an infinite loop of energy! i doubt it would be able to power any other electronics as well as the uv light though :) shame!i think the best idea for where i live (england) would be hydro power....britain is a blody island for god's sake!!! we have endless supply of water from tides and the tidal flow in the river Thames is awesome! its just not bbeing used for anything! useless government...for places like america and australia solar power would be great...and those cool black tanks that heat up in the sun and turn the water inside into steam and use that to power turbines, thats a great idea!

Hey, I saw this thing on the internet. It is really cool. Unless you live in a place were it isn't tht sunny. But for all those who live in places like Arizona, Florida, California, man this is a cool thing. Never have to get a battery. lol. Very cool find.

Personally, i think solar power is really interesting and possibly something of the future. Especially for small devices like PPCs and other handhelds. I mean it seems like the cheapo calculators do fine running off of them when the battery dies or is removed. The only big downside though is of course that clouds and other things cover the sun so batteries are still always needed. I think in the future soon enough someone will develope a better way to harvest/refine solar energy and then everything may be able to run off of it with some sort of backup supply. anyways, thats my opinion...and as you can see solar energy interests me so yea. c yall around. Nightscript