xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AnGeL KiSS

Having A Puppy

Ok so a dog takes a little bit of your time,try living in my house. My partner and I have 12 dogs, We actually 8 of them are ours and the other 4 are here for dog showing. We breed Cavalier King Charles Spaniels..... I must admit that the first one was the best and he is really only a pet quality puppy but i love him and would be lost with out him....The other well they are just like me kids, they drive me round the twist just like having normal kids as well but the one consolation is that i don't have to pay for their college tuition or for their first car.....And when they really piss me off i can send them to bed and know that they are not going to sneak out the bedroom window......Anyway just my angle on the puppy topic,,,,,,BTW you can house train a puppy if you have the patients and are consistent with the way you expect the dog to act in your home.....None of our ever make a mess inside.......Cheers :lol:

The fact is that a dog is not a toy, I mean, it requires your love, your time and your patience. You cannot pick it up when you want and leave it alone when you?re not in the mood. So I agree that you have to think twice before getting one because the dog doesn?t deserve that you treat him bad or that you abandon him when you get bored. Also, you have to notice that having a dog in a flat in a big city is much more complicated that in a house in a small town or a house in a urbanization with a garden in which he can play, etc. You have to take it several times a day to do his things and it?s not so funny when you have to wake up early in the morning in the cold winter... :lol:

He he ... When i read about that Dog peeing thing, i remembered the Jim Carrey movie - Bruce Almighty !!! I guess, your dog is not that dumb, for your sake. . I used to have a dog , and i really liked it.. But one thing i didn't like about it was that peeing thing. Within two months , i was disgusted about having a dog and i gave it off to one of my friends. Since then, i haven't thought about having a dog.. Maybe it is time to give a second thought about it , i guess..

well it comes with the responsibility of having a dog :P and only people who complain don't deserve to have one :D but i do like the image of your puppy. so cute :Ppersonally, i'd love to have one, but i'm really busy. we do have dogs in the house but i can't really take care of them. our helper is the one who cleans them most of the time.

Next time your new puppy pee's in the floor, do the following.....Roll up a good thick roll of newspaper, and then................Beat yourself over the head with it and say, "I should of been watching my puppy closer. I should of been watching my puppy closer." Do some searching on the net for articules about crate training. There is no better way to train a dog. It's fast and effective. And please don't have the mistaken impression that it is cruel to confine your dog. First off, dogs spend the majority of their time sleeping anyway, and that is especially true with young pups. Properly used, the crate becomes a comfortable and enjoyable place for your pet.

The Benefits of Having a PuppyDogs are considered man's best friend. But did you know that having a puppy gives you several heath benefits?In studies done by medical professionals, dog owners benefit from their pet's presence in several ways:1) Improved cardiovascular health - Dog owners have been proven to have blood pressure and cholesterol lower than ordinary people. These factors reduce the chance for cardiovascular diseases. Stroking a pet has long been known to reduce blood pressure. A study from the New York State University found that these benefits continue even without the pet available. The study tested a group of stockbrokers with hypertension. They concluded that just being a pet-owner can lower blood pressure.Dog owners also have blood cholesterol levels lower than normal. Five thousand four hundred people were tested by the Baker Medical Research Institute of Australia and with the results showing pet owners having not just lower blood pressure but also lower levels of blood triglycerides and cholesterol compared to people who didn't own any pets.2) Faster recovery time and higher survival rates - Hospital studies have found that seniors and recently operated on patients responded better to treatment and got better quickly while they were in contact with dogs and other therapy animals. Just petting a dog can be relaxing and therapeutic for recovering patients.Also, dog owners have a greater chance to survive after suffering from a serious illness. Several studies have discovered that pet owners who suffered from a heart attack were more likely to be alive a year after they were discharged from the hospital than those who did not own pets. Another New York study found that pet's affected their survival rate more even more than the presence or company of family members or friends.3) Fewer visits to the doctor - Studies conducted at Cambridge and UCLA have found that owning a pet corresponds to overall improved health and less need for hospital visits. A Medicare study of its elderly patients also discovered that those who own dogs visit the doctor less than those who don't have a pet.4) Mental Wellness - Patients who have dogs have also been known to have better emotional health than their counterparts. They offer unconditional love and affection; their presence alone helps reduce loneliness for sick people who have otherwise been isolated. Several studies of people with major illnesses have shown that the stress of fighting the disease is significantly reduced when they had a dog as company.As you can see, having a puppy is a great investment, for the joy that you get from owning one and the health benefits that you can receive. So go out and get a puppy!

Great post! I had read about most of those studies, except the low cholesterol levels. That's interesting. I also read a study that in children that were raised in homes that had pet dogs where less likely to suffer allergies when they grew up.

My dog pees and poops every where in the house.I am trying to teach him not to pee and poop every where but he doesnt listen.What should I do-reply by garza@yahoo.Cm