xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BooZker

High School Is it even worth going?

I would like to say to Boozker that it was possible for you to drop out of high school and get a GED because you wanted to go to college for Music. Now what if you wanted to become a Computer Science and Mathematics Professor like myself? In my case I'm glad I went to highschool I learned a lot of math and programming there if I had dropped out I could have learned all that on my own but it would have taken longer. And the G.E.D only asks for Algebra 1 for it's math section, it doesn't do Calculus so it would do me any good at all because I wouldn't have been able to be placed into my Majors at all because I didn't have the required skills needed to start my path.Maybe highschool isn't for everyone but I still think everyone should go and make the most of it.

Yes true what Gondero Werkus said. I do not like Math at all and i will never go up to much higher of math then Algebra 2. I have narrowed down what i am going to do. It will be either:Video Production (like editing, camerman, ect)Website designerMusic. Either in a band or teach.

I'd have to devide my answer into to parts: The academic side, and the developmental/social side. Both, I'd wager to say, are equally importaint.If you goto a really crappy highschool then the academics are probably pretty pour...which is a shame. However there are always *some* good teachers. Seek them out. Get inspired. And, if that fails, learn how to teach yourself--it's the most importaint lesson you will ever learn.As far as the social side goes, that is something that you (in my opinion) really shouldn't give up on. Even if most of the people in your school are clickey shallow ***holes there will always be some fun people to hang out with. You just have to seek them out. Otherwise, no matter what grade you're in, you're not going to have fun.While a GED can be helpful, it still doesn't have as much stock put into it as a real highschool degree. As such, you probably won't get into as good of a college...and you deffinatly won't get as good of a job if you decide not to presue higher education. All in all, I'd say try to stick through it. As far as going to college at 16 goes, I personally think that is a terrible idea. Even if you are intelligent enough to do so, you are hardly mature enough. You won't fit in with everyone else, and you'll miss some of the most fun experiences of your life. School isn't just about learning academics. It is about defining yourself as a person. Finding out what you love in life, and finding friends to share in your adventures. If you only learn the school work then you're kinda missing the point.