xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BooZker

High School Is it even worth going?

I just found this today, and very good point you have here. I want to drop out of high school or at least go to a different high school or friggin move or something. I hate my high school because people take it as a joke and stuff. <_< And since our county has specialty centers on top of AP classes teens think they are higher than the "normal students". And personally I think the State of virgina sucks. (left that purposly lower case 'v' :lol:). Your dead on about how high school is so social and stuff... I have not made that many friends as I want because people are so into those 'clicks' and stuff and since I just moved here its a pain in the *bottom* to meet people and make some friends since everybody is so snoody and to them selves.

But I don't need to learn all that uless stuff to become a web master or something. And I don't really know what I want to do. Something in business technologly or IT. Any suggestions. And for me... I'm stuck in school for the rest of my life... :lol:

it really sound like you are not having any fun at all....

But you do need to learn the so called stuff so that you can get in the stuff you want.. i mean you need to work with numbers and need good spelling and all and even know some stuff in your history class.. its what you will need beleav it or not...

Unfortunatly in New Zealand we do not have freedom like that...We have to go to high school in order to get a good NCEA result. The better the result the better we can do at University.Eg. If I wanted to be a dentist I would have to have a B+ on lvl 2.

Unfortunatly in New Zealand we do not have freedom like that...We have to go to high school in order to get a good NCEA result. The better the result the better we can do at University.
Eg. If I wanted to be a dentist I would have to have a B+ on lvl 2.

That's an interesting concept. Never heard of that. So what if you fail? No second chances?

Your right. There is some great times, but there is great times at college.

I'm not saying that college isn't fun, but if you stay in high school, you get the experiences of both.

I'm not saying that college isn't fun, but if you stay in high school, you get the experiences of both.

yes thats really true.. you do.. and you get a lot of them.. even for only 4 years of it.. i man when it comes to college its a hole new ball game.. you get twice as much and they are twice ad hard or so... but high school can be one of the best parts of your life.. better than college at times.. its where you meet people that you will stick with for the rest of your life most of the time..

its where you meet people that you will stick with for the rest of your life most of the time..

True, but not true. Most of my good friends are from grade school.

I wonder why some people find high school boring? High school is the coolest part of my life, I got to meet the best people and the best friends of mine at the secondary school. We only have four years of Secondary education here in the Philippines and it is worth the stay. You get to meet different type of people with different culture, and you get to know more about your self. Although some classes or teachers are boring, you will learn a lot in hight school to prepare for your life in the world. You do not just learn about academics and mathematics there, you learn life and how life goes beyong the school premises. It prepeares you to choose a career for universities and colleges or gives you an idea if you will ever try to continue schooling or just start doing a job.If you want to drop schooling it is your choice. But i will suggest going back and meeting more people. And as for Boozker who advanced to going to college at 16 years old, that is good. But you will be missing that time of your life when you should be enjoying your youth, university life for me is much much boring.

I wonder why some people find high school boring? High school is the coolest part of my life, I got to meet the best people and the best friends of mine at the secondary school.

As i said before its not the school that is "cool" its the people.

And as for Boozker who advanced to going to college at 16 years old, that is good. But you will be missing that time of your life when you should be enjoying your youth, university life for me is much much boring.

Then you went to the wrong school lol.

As i said before its not the school that is "cool" its the people.

it's a thing that every one has to deal with.. i mean not every one can stay out of your way and make it a good place.. it's something you just make due with. it seems like hell at times with all the people but still.. you never know you might someday make a friend or two with the people the bore, truble, and anoy you..... it's a weard and sad place we live in at times.. but still.... it's what you do now that yo will reflect on later and wish you had done it the other way around, just to see if it was worth it... it might not seem that way.. but it will in time.....

it's a thing that every one has to deal with.. i mean not every one can stay out of your way and make it a good place.. it's something you just make due with. it seems like hell at times with all the people but still.. you never know you might someday make a friend or two with the people the bore, truble, and anoy you..... it's a weard and sad place we live in at times.. but still.... it's what you do now that yo will reflect on later and wish you had done it the other way around, just to see if it was worth it... it might not seem that way.. but it will in time.....

I dont think you got what i was saying. People keep mentioning all the friends they made. And how much fun they had with them. But that has nothing ot do with school other then you went to the same school. What i was saying was that. Its not the school that was fun. It was the people you had fun with.

High school can be a pain in the neck sometimes, and I've had my times where I just couldn't stand going. But I'm glad I did. Everyone's in a rush to grow up now-a-days. I'd rather just stay in high school and get what I can out of it. A lot of things that add to a person's life experiences come along with going to high school, and I'm glad to say I've experienced those things.That's really great that you were able to do what you did and become successful, though. Congratulations. :)

Highschool prepares you for the social problems (not just friends and other relationships...) you will have to go through in life to come, AND it gives you a good education if you strive to receive it, AND you get to have fun with your friends all at the same time.

AND it gives you a good education if you strive to receive it

Haha not in this day in age. You can get a C if you just turn in all your homework. It dosnt have to right and you could fail or get Ds on tests and still get a C

Unless you've found better methods, high school is a great place to develop things like social skills and effective time management, while deciding in which direction to head in terms of a permanent career.. there's great motivation while you're surrounded by a great, diverse peer group, while being exposed to opportunities it's more challenging to find on your own, like volunteer work and extra-curriculars.

I'm returning to highschool as a Senior for the year of 06-07. Highschool has been one of the best experiences of my life. I've met new friends, had a lot of fun, learned a lot of stuff. Plus, you have better chance of getting to college and getting a job unless you absolutely hate highschool. Oh, and another thing, you're a complete idiot if you get a GED or dropout of highschool. Go ahead loser, try a job application. But then again, some successful and filthy rich people were dropouts like the newsanchor, Peter Jennings. How he did it, I know not. Unfortunately he died last year of lung cancer, but people say he was a smart man. So maybe you could end up like Jennings... :)