xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CroSpartacus

Are You Cheap?

Are you cheap? Yes, I have to be. Since I'm still in school and have to pay for things like Rent, tuition, books, utilities, groceries, cable, phone, internet, car maintenance, etc, etc I can't afford to not be cheap. Which is why it sucks whenever I hang out with friends since I end up spending waaaayy too much money because they are definitely NOT cheap and like to spend the cash....When it comes to others, such as tipping or buying drinks yadda yadda, I am never cheap. I will work around the money. I like helping people out, making sure people have a good time, etc. etc. Money is never an object between friends. But in all other aspects of life I'm nice and cheap. When I need to buy something (for example I just bought a new bed a few weeks ago), I always take forever and do so much research so that I can get as best quality for the best price ever. I love the deals I get <_< It pays to be a bargain shopper...more money for the bar then....

Yeah I would say that I am not a cheap person at all. I am the type of person that sits their and says lets by the name brand of it just because. Although I am not spending my own money. If I want something I buy the name brand. I feel that the name brand is a better bargain for you to buy. I do this with everything except for clothing. I like to look nice but I do not like too look like everyone else. When I go to a restraunt I leave more than a 10% tip. People who sit their and have that type of job do not make even minimum wage most of the time. I can not help but sit their and make sure thtat the people get money. I know that is a hard job becuase of the fact that my grandma was a waiter.

I wouldnt call it cheap. I would call it buying intelligent. People who are used to, and still get money from their parents never value money like the people who do. People who earn their own money know how much its costed them to earn it and they know exactly what they want and what to expect from it, getting what they deserve through all the reasearch etc. I also look for reviews and try to get the most I can out of my money. I also tip, and I often help poor people out with some change, I usually have to sacrifice a lot of things to be able to go out and stuff, you just got to treat yourself sometimes.

I'll admit I'm a bit stingy when it comes to money those days.. i've moved in and out.. in and out..and in of home, and either way I still got to pay my fair share whether if it's cleaning, bills, and everything to it. At the same having the burden of studying with p/t work, but still It's a challenge with the rising costs of oil (Cars), rates and so on .

I wouldn't call it being cheap either... I too try and get the best price, and best possible quality for that price, on everything, starting from clothes, and all the way to computer equipment, hell, I even want to buy a cheapest possible car, that has the best possible quality...I agree, that people who workd hard, value their money, way more, than people who get it from their parents... And believe me, I work hard, sometimes even 12 to 14 hours a day... What you are doing ( and what I am doing ) is just shopping smart, and not wasting money on unnecessary things...I too go out, have fun with my friends, and I too leave tips whenever I pay for something, starting with taxi fares, drinks in the pub, or just plain grocery shopping, etc... And even if I had more money, I would still do the same thing, because, I know how hard it is to earn that money, that I can call my own...

umm...the attitude to different person is not same usually IMO.to me and my family,i always would like to use up myself on any expense.but to others,i am a little stingy but not very serious to my pal...sometime feast them sincerely.i hope to get a quality and good life after i begin my career. <_<

If you asked, I think everyone is. Even the rich may be (or just selfish and greedy) they hardly give money to any hobos. Unless some rich are super generous <_< (nearly impossible.)I would have to say, I am a little cheap myself. But when it comes to clothes, I have to get whatever looks super cute :lol: But my mom may disapprove a $70 jean from Abercrombie. </33But yes, more amounts of people are cheaper than generous. Unless theyre in a situation they have to share or its their best friend they have to share something with.

When you are poor, it's not being cheap, but sensible. People in the lower income brackets have a hard time making ends meet so they have to do what they can to make cash stretch. Sometimes, shopping at Aldi's or buying clothes at the Salvation Army Store is a very sensible and practical thing for the poor to do. You may not look all that spazzy wearing used clothing, but at least you have something to wear. You may not eat all the best food, but at least you are getting the required nutrients and not going hungry. They only thing that really hurts poor people is trying to maintain the old clunker at these outrageous gas prices and mandatory insurance. Then there are rent and utility bills. When you have 4 mouths to feed and only $300 left to work with (after paying bills, etc) you can't help but to buy the cheapest items you can find, go to yard sales, and hope you make it to that next paycheck.

Am i Stingy? Yes...cheap Maybe. I just don't like to spend money a lot. One main reason is because I don't have a job currently, so any money that is given to me is by someone else. Im not really a moocher, I don't ask for money for like expensive stuff, but if i need money i do ask. Right now, I dont have to pay rent, but im moving out of my ex's apartment soon so i will probably have to. And thus, I need a job. One thing i do have a problem with, is im cheap on myself but not cheap on others. I always want to buy other people things, and then i end up with no money for myself. When I buy food, i buy the store brand, cuz 1. its cheaper and most of the time tastes better.

Sometimes. I wouldn't buy M&M's from a generic company just to save a dollar. But if it was something like a pair of nice shorts, I would. When it comes to gadgets and toys, I do alot of research before going to the store. I hate it when I think I bought the best deal and then I find out there was something better for cheaper!

I've been told that I'm so cheap that when I walk I squeak...It makes me mad, because I love to spend money, but I stay on a tight budget, I never like to give out money, so when I'm out to eat I'm not a very good tipper, lol...When it comes to something I want or need I save up past how much it costs, so like if I went to buy something that's $200 dollars, I'd make sure I'd have like $500, that way I can make up for how much an item cost + $100 dollars extra. I defintley don't overload on groceries, the most "I'LL" ever spend there is like $70. I guess that's why my girlfriend does all that.

I'm a bit similar when it comes to shopping..If a good brand of food, or type of food was expensive I wouldnt buy it, however I dont buy the plain brands of their equivalent that much. But, if a brand-label type food, or some type of food was on sale (disregarding the expiry dates etc UNLESS if it was 1-2 days over expiry).. then perhaps I'd buy it.

hmmmmm.........it depends.most stuff i'm v.cheap with, although if it's either of the clothing brands: Vans, or DC, i'll splash out (not with my pocket money, with my mum's money lol :) ) so i supose, generally, i'm cheap!

I have to be :)i'm still studying computer science and the money still doesn't flow in great waves... so it's hard :DBut i think that today we pay too much anyway... sniffff we pay for everything from house taxes to internet... in the software area, for example, it's absolute madness having to pay for some software, that, in my country, it's at the level of a wage or higher.I'm in favour of free services like what i'm trying to provide :) I'm trying to provide a writers' site...so mainly... i'm a very cheep guy :D

Edited by sasuki (see edit history)