xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
psychiccyberfreak

My Website Is Still Not Back Even Though It Says Active

I set up my website about two days ago and had you transfer all my stuff, but I keep getting my old suspended message from when I was at Xisto when I go to my domain name. I even get it with the :IP address you gave me. I kind of need my hosting back on monday for school. My ISP's cache should have refreshed by now, they do it every day or so.

Same results for me. Patience is required. Neither Xisto nor Xisto - Web Hosting has any input into the Domain propagation process. It could take another day or so before the nameserver change occurs throughout the web.Have you tried to do the HOSTS file alterations which will allow you to access your site? Look in the Xisto Readme file for information about that procedure.

Sometimes that happens. Just wait for your website to propagate throughout the world wide web. I don't think that it due to the server - the host site itself. But it's just the domain which is not propagated yet to the internet. Last time I faced the same problem and I thought things didn't work out, but after 48 hours it was working perfectly. All the best!

However, if you can't access your site by its IP address (like you stated) then there's something wrong -- possibly with the Xisto server. Have you tried tracing your request to the server? In windows the command is "tracert <ip address>" at the command prompt. Macs and Unix use "traceroute <ip address>" in a terminal. That way you can see if your connection dies at a specific hop or not. If you post your new IP address and domain name we might be able to help more.

However, if you can't access your site by its IP address (like you stated) then there's something wrong -- possibly with the Xisto server.

This topic is posted in Xisto - Web Hosting form but how could it be Xisto's server issue?
Please withhold your opinion if you're not clear how Xisto server systems are set. Xisto - Web Hosting is completely on a different server from Xisto server.

Try pinging your domain name. If it returns as Xisto - Web Hosting's Ip address, contact support on Xisto - Web Hosting for further instruction and status. If it returns as previous IP address your domain propagation has not been completed.

I apologize for getting the host wrong -- I came upon this thread through the "new posts" function, rather than by browsing the forum, and I didn't read it closely enough for a proper response. However the main part of my recommendation still stands.

I set up my website about two days ago and had you transfer all my stuff, but I keep getting my old suspended message from when I was at Xisto when I go to my domain name. I even get it with the :IP address you gave me.

Assuming that psychiccyberfreak is indeed using the correct IP address for the new site then the problem has to either be with 1) his ISP, 2) one of the hops from his ISP to the Xisto - Web Hosting server his page is on, or 3) the server itself. Since it's a direct IP request it seems very strange for it to be a problem with 1, or 2. Therefore, I'd guess that the problem's either that s/he's using the wrong IP address, or something wrong with the server.

What the DNS is pointing to is completely irrelevant if the IP address accesses the wrong page.

Ok. Let me elaborate. I have waited for my ISP's cache to refresh. I changed the nameservers, waited and now I still get the same old suspended Xisto page...

Here's my regular domainname:
http://www.hflw.org/

Here's the IP they gave me to access my site:
216.240.157.63/~psych

I still get the same old Xisto suspended page. I don't know what it could be, I can log into cpanel when I go to:

216.240.157.63/cpanel

So I don't know what it is...

Oh yeah, the traceroute utility isn't working on my main linux box, so I'll try it again later...

Edited by psychiccyberfreak (see edit history)

I found the problem.You still had your domain parked in your Xisto hosting. You cannot have one domain pointing to two hosting places. I took the liberty of unparking your domain from Xisto. Give some time and let the domain repropagate.

This topic is posted in Xisto - Web Hosting form but how could it be Xisto's server issue?
Please withhold your opinion if you're not clear how Xisto server systems are set. Xisto - Web Hosting is completely on a different server from Xisto server.

Try pinging your domain name. If it returns as Xisto - Web Hosting's Ip address, contact support on Xisto - Web Hosting for further instruction and status. If it returns as previous IP address your domain propagation has not been completed.

i disagree about with holding opinions. she obviously didn't know what was going on so she had no clue what issue it could be without posting about it first. we ask questions because we don't know the answers or what opinion to have yet and the only why we will know is if we ask questions. she obviously felt more comfortable asking in these forums because she's not used to posting in the other forums

i think where you were coming from is that she was suggesting it was trap 17 servers and giving trap 17 a bad name or something which i didn't see anything that indicated those things in her post

she just wanted someone knowledgable to answer her question.