xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wild20

How To Make A Search Form And Php Code? Can you help please?

Thanks for the codes.........

I tried the php code and it is showing like

[color=#FF0000]Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in C:wampwwwstudent_databasephpsearch.php on line 20[/color]
please help me to correct this error.................

:)

aight, I made somthing to what I think your asking. If you go to the church site I made: CBF , it has a area where you can search for sermons in a database.I'm thinking your using PHP 5.
aighy, here you go man... just wrote this up real quik for yu, very simple, hope it works for you :blink:
, Arctic

html form:

<html>	<head>		<title>Search Test</title>	</head>	<body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0">		<form action="search.php" method="post">			Search Term <input type="text" name="searchterm"><br />			<input type="submit" value="Search">		</form>	</body></html>

php search.php:

<?php/*set varibles from form */$searchterm = $_POST['searchterm'];trim ($searchterm);/*check if search term was entered*/if (!$searchterm){	echo 'Please enter a search term.';}/*add slashes to search term*/if (!get_magic_quotes_gpc()){$searchterm = addslashes($searchterm);}/* connects to database */@ $dbconn = new mysqli('host', 'username', 'password', 'database'); if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { echo 'Error: Could not connect to database.  Please try again later.'; exit;}/*query the database*/$query = "select * from tablename where tablerow like '%".$searchterm."%'";$result = $dbconn->query($query);/*number of rows found*/$num_results = $result->num_rows;echo '<p>Found: '.$num_results.'</p>';/*loops through results*/for ($i=0; $i <$num_results; $i++){ $num_found = $i + 1; $row = $result->fetch_assoc(); echo "$num_found. ".($row['tablerow'])." <br />";}/*free database*/$result->free();$dbconn->close();?>

oh, and your right, never alone with Christ, he reigns 4-ever
not bad :)

hey how can we select only one row from the database dat matches with the entered text ?? plzz help...by writing this code m getting all d rows in the databse..plzz do the needfulll thankxxx..

<?php$host="localhost";$username="poojar";$password="abc";$database="allsites";mysql_connect($host,$username,$password);@mysql_select_db($database) or die( "Unable to select database");$result = mysql_query("SELECT websitename,result FROM searchresult");while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))  {  echo $row['websitename'] ." " . $row['result'];  echo "<br />";  }mysql_close();

?>

hey how can we select only one row from the database dat matches with the entered text ?? plzz help...by writing this code m getting all d rows in the databse..plzz do the needfulll thankxxx..

<?php$host="localhost";$username="poojar";$password="abc";$database="allsites";mysql_connect($host,$username,$password);@mysql_select_db($database) or die( "Unable to select database");$result = mysql_query("SELECT websitename,result FROM searchresult");while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))  {  echo $row['websitename'] ." " . $row['result'];  echo "<br />";  }mysql_close();

?>

Ah, your issue is that you have it set to "continue looping as long as there's more data." What you want to do is instead of have a while loop just erase the entire loop and output row 0 (which is really the first row).

Great work!!In my table I have 4 fields “First_name, Last_name, Phone_number, Affilation.Is there any way to view all fields as search result?Thanks for any help,Cibsrk

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie in php. I did an online system for school project, my prof wants to add me a search box and also reports and I have to present it by next week.. Can anyone help me here? Please mail me at mcr_Still21@yahoo.com :(I would really appreciate any kind of help. Thank you so much.