xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
icemarle

How The Dsl Guy Looked Down On Me Is it all because Im a kid?

Whee... my dad finally gave me responsibility to arrange my DSL connection on my own. I did all the calling, the handling, and the unfortunate situation of metting the infamous DSL application form giver guy! Yay! @_@Anyway, all went well til I met that guy. He asked for me, and I said it was me. Then he asked for my parents. Sure... I can understand that... but STILL! It's named to ME! To ME!!! :lol: Anyway, I signed a piece of paper to recieve the form, he goes..."How old are you?""15."I ignored him afterwards, and went my merry way.When he came to take back the application form the day after, I opened the door and he wasn't there! Apparently, he went to take shade in a nearby store. Amusing. :lol: So he ran up to me and entered the hall (it's not my house yet, technically... I live in a condominium styled house) to take shade. He did it before I could react, and he said. "I'll just take shade here first... It's hot outside." I ignored him, and handed him what was needed. Then he went on "Could I have a drink of water, because that store doesn't have any cold water." I proceed to roll my eyes :lol: and say, "There are stores over there." I pointed. "You could probably get some there." Then I let him out and went on my way. When he came back for other purposes, there was a guy who told him that my parents usually aren't in the house and stuff... I was really pissed. That guy kinda knows my mom, but he doesn't have the right to say those things to a complete stranger!What else? The DSL guy became more FAMILIAR with me! When I opened the door, he ran towards me and called my name without the Ma'am or Miss things! Screw all the polite ways to treat a customer! Forget them all! Then he WENT INTO THE SHADE again and acted ALL FAMILIAR with me cause I'm just a 15 year old kid who doesn't know any better! After the transaction, he goes, "Can I take a leak?" I go... ;) "WTH!?" What does he think he's doing!? I shake my head, and I started to look very deadly. He got the point and I ignored him when I went up... URRGH!When he was to return again, my dad was home, and I made him go down. I was watching from a distance, and you know what I saw? He didn't dare enter into the shade, he spoke in a low and submissive voice, and he didn't act like a total *BLEEP*, because my dad isn't 15! (Ok, that wasn't funny) Anyway, I enjoyed seeing him act like that... If he comes back, I'll make sure to stand in the doorway, act in a business-like manner (not that I didn't do it from the start) and ask him WHY when he goes and asks something stupid again... I hate that DSL guy. He makes my blood boil so much...

interesting story....i would had my dog by the collar the next time he opend the door and just talked to him with the growling 170-190 pound *huge* dog right there...see what he thought then..lmao

If you have to deal with him again tell him directly that the two of you have a professional relationship and that you expect him to treat it like one. Point out that your business is what pays his sallary, and that if he's rude you might switch to a different company. Emphasize that you will not tollerate being treated differently because you're a minor.Sorry to hear about the rudeness.

That guy is weird. He acts like he's all special or something. I would just not open the door. ahhaha.. like all other strangers that i don't want to talk to. If you don't want to confront him. you could always call customer service and complain. but i don't know if they're gonna shrug the comments off the employee or take it to him... cause you know sometimes i don't think they really care. just take your calls and that's it.but yeah. that is just rude and intruding.

I don't think I have to deal with him again, I got all the papers in, but still... he gives me the creeps. I couldn't threaten with with dogs :lol:' I only have 2 hamsters. One of which is missing at this very moment. :lol: I was also thinking of complaining, but I don't think it's going to help much... :/ They usually take things for granted. One time, the same company (but me using their dial-up) had this subscriber using their domain mail address and was emailing me viruses/worms/trojans (I don't really know, since I didn't download anything from the email) I complained to the helpdesk email with professionalism and asked them to reply. Nothing... They never replied. However, I think they solved it, because the viral emails stopped, thankfully. I still wish they replied... T_T Or they were probably too busy to find out if it's true, perhaps?

When he was to return again, my dad was home, and I made him go down. I was watching from a distance, and you know what I saw? He didn't dare enter into the shade, he spoke in a low and submissive voice, and he didn't act like a total *BLEEP*, because my dad isn't 15! (Ok, that wasn't funny) Anyway, I enjoyed seeing him act like that... If he comes back, I'll make sure to stand in the doorway, act in a business-like manner (not that I didn't do it from the start) and ask him WHY when he goes and asks something stupid again... I hate that DSL guy. He makes my blood boil so much...

please be careful. if i'm reading right, you are a 15 year old girl. this man is trying to hang around trying to befriend you. he is asking for favors so he can enter your premises. he would do this to gain trust until he has it. once he has it and your gaurd is down is when he might take advantage of you in a most hurtfull mannor. i'm not saying this was his purpose so don't go getting paranoid, just be aware please. his behavior is highly susicious and i would report the suspicious beahvior so it's on record and if he ever hurts you or someone else he tries to befriend then something is on record as being suspicious.

now my suggestion(wether you care to follow it) is this, and i know it might be incionvenient but it will keep you aware and safe. just don't open the door for this guy at all unless there is an adult that you know close by. my neice is 15 and as an uncle who had a big hand in raising her in the past, i taught her many things to be aware of and what to do to protect against certain situations(at a very early age). i would hate to see anything happen to her from her not being aware and i'm sure your family feels the same about you. at 15, you might think your old enough to handle alot more situations, and you are and should be trusted as such, but also know you will never be old enough to handle ALL situations. anyway, don't with my little speach. just be carefull please. when i hear about situations like this it always worries me wether i know the person or not.

I know that very well, that's why I'm showing him that I'm not an idiot. What does he take me for? A six year old girl? I'm well aware of the possibilities. I don't even let my friends in my house! What more, some stranger who I don't care about? I know self defence, so I'm always on guard. If he does come back, the problem is, I don't have anyone with me in the house. It could be a problem. If he happens to come back here for other matters, I'll make sure I won't go sissy on him! :lol:

I know that very well, that's why I'm showing him that I'm not an idiot. What does he take me for? A six year old girl? I'm well aware of the possibilities. I don't even let my friends in my house! What more, some stranger who I don't care about? I know self defence, so I'm always on guard. If he does come back, the problem is, I don't have anyone with me in the house. It could be a problem. If he happens to come back here for other matters, I'll make sure I won't go sissy on him! :lol:

good, nip this crap in the bud, but also know where his own behavior might come from. he likes to control the situation. he's probably good at it. sometimes people have an addiction to always having that control and cannot live without it. this is very dangerous when you plan on taking that control away. your neighbor who told this guy that your parents are never home. HOW STUPID! only gives this guy more reason to stalk which is exaclt what it sounds like he was doing. and hey....not a crime to allow your friends in the house from time to time :lol:

Well, my internet connection is at&t (former SBC) Yahoo High Speed Internet (DSL). You could just threaten the guy that without his professional manner, you actually might consider changing to comcast/roadrunner, I don't know, whatever their competition is. I'm sure the guy would immediatly change his attitude toward you. Also, state the reason why he is here. He is here to install your DSL, not to sit in the shade and take a leak.Good luck!

Yes cable, telephone, and DSL technitians are the devil if you ask me. One day I finally got cable after having to suffer with the internet I had for so long. The guy who installed the cable had no idea what he was doing. He put the splitter outside of the house and split the connection again in the wrong spot. This caused our basement tv to not work as well as me having to go outside and adjust the splitter every other day when the cable stops working. We called the cable people a few days later. The cable guy came out and claimed to have fixed our tv. He did nothing. We called again and another guy came out. We told him he was supposed to rewire all the cable in the house but he pretended like he was doing something. We still got charged for rewiring the house even though he didn't rewire the house. Why are telecommunication technitians so lazy? Why can't people just do their jobs?

All I can say is just go rent someone's dog incase he comes back but make sure the dog knows you well enough. Maybe someone around the block can lend you their humungous Great Dane. Or you can train your hamsters to become attack hamsters! lol

its funny to see the difference between different cultures, here in australia, if a tradesman comes to your house you would ask him to come into the shade if its hot outside, if he needed to use the toilet i wouldn't mind that either, i'd even ask the guy if he wanted a drink or something. they are people too and they don't have a workplace like most people with a lunchroom and a toilet. Also if you are nice to tradespeople they will be nice back. when the phone guy came to add some sockets in the wall we were nice to him and he only charged for labor and gave us the parts for free.