xisto Community
adriantc

(weird) Dreams Do they have a meaning?

Dreams and their meaning....  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yesterday I've posted in the vent a reply on a topic regarding alarm clocks. And as I was typing my reply I started thinking that lately I dreamed a lot of weird stuff. So I said ... why not ask fellow members what (weird) dreams they had lately. And since we are on the subject... do you belive this dreams have a hidden meaning (see poll)?Before I get started... I think it would be best that you first type your reply (if you intend to reply) and then read other posts. Why? So that you are not influenced by other opinions.As I said I had a lot of weird dreams lately. I am a men of science, not of faith so I really don't belive that there is a hidden message in dreams. The scientific explination goes like this... the part of the brain that is responsible with rational thinking shuts down when we sleep and that means there is nothing to stop us from dreaming weird stuff. Of course you may have a drifferent opinion...Here goes one of my weirdest dreams ever... I was at home (I live in a flat) when I saw that the flat in front of my own who bombed by aliens (:lol:). I told my mother that the aliens are invading us and that we should run. I tried to run in my room, but when I got there my room was just a big hole in the wall. So I jumped out and ran as fast as I could. As I ran I saw people just stareing as my flat was destroyed and other playing with fireworks. I remember even seeing a news bulletin (that looked so real) saying that we are not alone in the universe. So I ran and entered in a courtyard where some travestites ( :lol: - hope that is the right spelling) paying bascketball and I told them that they are crazy for playing games while the aliens are invading us. They told me that the aliens have gone and that I should return to my home, after which I woke up.I don't know why lately there is a pattern in my dreams... something happens and I always jump off the windows (if you wondering.... I live on the first floor). When I was little used to dream that I gone naked to school or that I would fall off a round stair. Do you have any patterns (fears) in your dreams?

Last night i had this pretty cool dream. i wonder if it means something or not but it would be pretty cool if this one meant somehting. so here it is:I was like in my own house and then the postman came with a package which was pretty big. i opened it up an it had a fisheye lens that i ordered from ebay(I actualy ordered this in real life and it is yet to come :lol:) so then it was pretty cool because i could like put it to my eye and then have the fisheye effect for one of my eyes. Then i mounted the lense to my camera and took some picture which all wernt really special. When i went outside to take some more pics one of my firends came and i told him how cool it was that you could put it to your eye. so he was all like cool let me try an i gave him the lense an then while he was looking into it having it really close to his eye it sort of when into the eye hle an then he had this huge lens glas as his eye. so like basicly your eye is 6cm wide XD. So basicly it was like he was freaking out and screaming around but only because he was so shocked and not because it hurt or somehting. And then the dream ended. And not back in real life i dont think it meant anythign because my package didnt come today but maybe thats because it the eater friday and it might come tomrow :lol:what do you guys think about that dream? wish me luck for tomrow XD

I think they have a meaning, because although they can get very surrealistic, you cannot dream with something that you don?t know. I don?t remember my dreams usually but when I do, I realize that are about places, people, things I know, but often mixed together so the result is strange and sometimes scary. But this doesn?t mean that they are about things that will happen you in the future, advices, premonitions, etc... this is all science fiction. :lol:

I think they may have a meaning because they have to do with what you are thinking. Your brain can think things it would never think while your awake because you have nothing else on your mind. I think that some dreams could be interpreted in certain ways, while others may just be completely random and abstract.

I don't know why lately there is a pattern in my dreams... something happens and I always jump off the windows (if you wondering.... I live on the first floor). When I was little used to dream that I gone naked to school or that I would fall off a round stair. Do you have any patterns (fears) in your dreams?

i understand you lean towards the more scientific methods but there are more than one scientific theories on dreams. i lean towards you can actually learn from dreams and that they have meanings. i also believe you can communicate through dreams....possibly with people who have already passed over.

i think people need to be more aware of not only their dreams but their suroundings in general

i'm glad you now realize that your dreams have a pattern because it goes against your theory that rational thought is not involved in dreams

i believe some dreams can have something to do with past life experience or ways to become aware of what is to come

now as far as no rational thought in dreams, that is mute because i have controlled my dreams before. i have had reoccuring dreams before where i had to learn from my previous dreams to change the outcome of my dreams. i had a weird one where i dreamt i woke up and walked around the house(very real experience) only to realize 3 mintues later that i was still laying in my bed asleep. i could rationalize, but i couldn't wake myself up. i also had a dream that i died(stabbed on a pier after running away) and i didn't die in my sleep as some would think(if you die in a dream, you really die). i just floated over my body realizing i was dead, right before i woke up. i had falling dreams before. falling from a VERY VERY high altitude, plummeting to the ground. before i hit the ground, i would start to float gently down or start to fly in my dream after hard hard thought to control that hard impact.

there is NO DOUBT in my mind that dreams have meaning. it's important to traslate your dreams for correct meaning or what you are supposed to learn from your dream to incorporate it in real life

now with your dream with the alians, it's a dream that would go against your rational thinking in real life, but why was it so real in your dream(the billboard). billboards or letters or words are signs in dreams that you are supposed to take with you in real life. maybe it was telling you to open your mind up a little bit to the possibities. life is a learning experience and dreams are a tool to learn.

There are some basic situations in dreams that are universally known and have certain meanings, naked at school is a fear of being exposed, or not being ready for a test means you are afraid that you're unprepared for something. There's the chase, looking for a bathroom... all those sorts of things. But I think most of the time it's just a jumble of things that you've seen (even in passing) recently, things you've overheard, and sometimes things that are related somehow in your brain- like a six degrees of seperation thing. I don't know how to say it in a way that makes sense. Your brain takes all of this information, shuffles it up, and puts it into a story that is sometimes trying to help you work out a problem in your life. Sometimes I wake up from a dream and I know that it was meant for me to figure out a problem. The descriptions in books are not going to help there because when it really comes down to it, it's a "what does it mean to you" thing. Other times, I know that the dream I just had was meant purely for entertainment. Sometimes it's just a joke my brain is telling me.One of the weirdest dreams I ever had, though, had my mom, sister and I living in a car. We saw the space shuttle flying really low over where we were and a bit of it broke off and my sister and I went over to touch it. Soon it was found out that we were sick from touching the piece of wrekage. Then, my mom moved into a townhouse and when my sister and I showed up to check it out, none of our stuff was there and a lawyer was giving her a big check that she had got in a lawsuit from NASA. Sadly, the next week the space shuttle fell apart over Texas (where I live) and the news had all sorts of warnings about how you should not go near the wrekage if you found it because the radiation or something could make you sick/kill you. I really didn't know that could happen before then.

Dont believe in them. I believe in the science and factual ways of things.

explain the science and factual ways of dreams then. instead of being vague with a one liner post

explain the science and factual ways of dreams then. instead of being vague with a one liner post

Well I can't speak in the name of Dz9CO_92, but I can tell you why I belive in the rational explination.
Since the dawn of menkind, we are afraid of the unknown. We still are despite of the level of civilization we have reached. The meaning of dreams are only a way of the mind to control what we can't understand. In our case... the future. That is why people still go to witches. They are afraid of the future and what it may bring to us and they try to control it. A lot of people are still fooled by a cristal globe you know. Maybe someday when we will know more about ourself we will be able to embrace the unknown rather then beeing afraid of it. Still we are only human... :lol:
I just remembered one thing I saw on Discovery Channel last month. They were speaking about how the apes have evolved to become humans. And one possible explination would be that dreams made them smarter. They said that dreaming can only happen when you feel safe and that is why only an animal on the top of the food chain could have become smarter. You have to admit it is an interesting theory...

Actually the dreams are the inner feelings of the mind. Dreams depict the situation or the events that've greatly disturbed our inner self. Some unexpressed thoughts also appears in the dreams.In the dreams only your body rests the reat of the sensor organs are active and they act according to the dream in which are present. So you can feel as if you are falling from a high place and you'll get up when you reach the ground in the dream.