xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jlhaslip

Free Browser Update - Opera 8 New Version Available

Just browsing around the Opera Site and found out they have released a new Version. Download it from here . Opera is a Standard Compliant Browser that has some pretty neat features. I use it to test html pages for their compliance to the Web Standards.

Hey thanks.. Just checked it out and downloaded this new version. Checked it's changelog, just simple minor security fixes. I'm actually waiting for the version which includes BitTorrent. That's a brand new feature that Opera labs are testing currently.

Yes! I finally found a version of Opera that is free and doesn't have ads. I downloaded Opera a long time ago, but ditched it in favor of Netscape 7.2 (more on that later.....). It looks pretty much the same as the other version of Opera I used, but has a few less things in my face. I do want some more things from Opera: AOL instant messaging and a way to move the tab bar below the address bar. Other than those things, it's one fast and slick browser.

Opera 8.53 was a release that fixed some minor 'language' problems only. It was not a Major. Their nightlies are at version 9.02 already, so expect another one shortly, too.

yeah I thought 9.0.x was the new version of opera got spam email about that from unrelated sites about it.netscape navigator someone still uses that browser?

netscape navigator someone still uses that browser?

nn 7.02 for the imac still works great... for nn7.02... buggy, but it works.

This is great! I'm beginning to love Opera more than the other browsers so far. Currently my status is:Opera (if something doesn't work), Firefox (if it still doesn't work), Internet Explorer (shudder). The big drawback is the RAM usage. I need the RAM more than anything so I can run Photoshop and my other RAM hungry programs in the background at the same time. I have to keep IRC and MSN on (both RAM hungry stuff) so I can communicate with the staff while I do my editing work. Occasionally, I also decide to start up some music to make things more lively. Thus, I often have to close my browser. THANKFULLY Opera has this option that'll let you RESUME from where you left off. If I closed the browser with 4 tabs, when I come back, the tabs will still be around. I absolutely LOVE that option! It makes things easier for me! I love Opera! I recommend it to anyone who needs something other than Firefox. It probably has all the features of Firefox, and maybe even better! Opera sure made my day! :angry:

Opera looks inviting but the worldwide users are quite less compare to Firefox. I appreciate the competition they give to other browsers but somewhere I found some website campaigning for Opera saying 'Microsoft Internet explorer browser and Mozilla Firefox browser suck'. This tag line really puts me off. Obviously Firefox is changing how IE will try to improve in the coming days but such campaign against firefox is unacceptable to me. Both can be good but it is not neccesary for Opera to attack the other browser - the firefox browser.