xisto Community
jacob

The Best Browser In Your Opinion for WIN32/64 systems

what internet browser do you consider as the best one  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not sure.But this topic seems to dicuss many times before.Please search before posting.Otherewise,Opera browser is the fastest browser on the net right now.I love it,but I is lacking some thing that I don't really know.Sometime it doesn't display the thing that it support to do.So I recommend you use both internet explorer and opera browser.That 's the best way right now as my thought.Hope this helps.

Here's my two cents:Why only limit yourself to one browser? I've always had multiple browsers on my machine, and if you plan on making a website (which I figure you must be since you are at the Xisto forums) then it's good to have several browsers to test your pages on.Since there are so many browsers, it's good to have a selection to view your site through to make sure that they all appear correctly, no matter which one you are using. A site built in Internet Explorer for instance can end up looking completely different. Usually a lot of my time is spent, tweaking my site, so it appears correct in all browsers.Just a little something for you to think about.Plus: if you just plan on browsing sites, and you come accross one of the sites that says its "best viewed in *insert browser here*" then it's nice to be able to view the site at its best.

Umm yea I have heard of those posts! I am sick of them! There are like 100 of those. So could someone stop all of this. It is really really boring. After the first like 30 of them they should make it a rule to stop them :) I hate them hate hate hate! Reasons I hate them.They have been made to many timesThey are most of the time double posting(GoogleVsYahoo Which is better google or yahoo)So stop it!

I think Firefox is better, I don't remember where I read this but I read "Firefox prevents viruses x20 better than Internet Explorer" or something like that. I don't use Firefox because there's a error each time I load a page on Firefox. A error message pops up saying I'm missing a .dll file on Firefox each time I load a page anywhere and it pops up twice on a page. It's soo annoying and I'm not used to Firefox, many sites acquire Internet Explorer to view it and stuff, so I stick with Internet Explorer. Even if Internet Explorer MAY not be able to prevent viruses, there's always spyware destroyers or Norton to kill bugs =)

Firefox is the fastest browser ever. the weakness of this software is we cannot open wapsite (not like opera) but overall today I use this software always and always

I am going to have to say that the best browser still is Microsoft Internet Explorer. The reason is that people still design sites specifically for it since it is what the average person uses. For this reason alone, those who use firefox do experience sites that do not look right and i just cant stand that. As a web designer i make sure my sites look the same in both browsers but many people dont.

If you'd asked me to answer this question last week I would have voted for Opera 9.01, I would have cited these reasons: Speed (both render and general application, Low reasource usage and inbuilt email client) However recently I've been drifting back to Firefox (which I moved away from due to memory leaking), the first step in drifting back to firefox was to test Flock: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, which got me used top the superior site compatibility that Gecko based browsers hold over Opera (spacifically with Google products) and it also got me accustomed to Firefox Extensions again (namely StumbleUpon), something which I believe Opera Widgets will never be able to mimic. Adding to this I was able to (after some quick Google-ing) find a solution to the Firefox memory troubles that had driven me away from it in the first place (whihc can be found here: Link). Oh yeah and I almost forgot my favourite feature of Firefox (that is possible in Opera, it's just not out of the box) losding urls from simply typing in a keyword or keywords that are loaded via an I'm feeling lucky Google search (opera simply appends www. & .com to the word to make a url). I have therefore voted for Firefox.

Edited by dontmaimyourself (see edit history)

Since no one has closed it... lolI use Safari when im on a mac, its step up from firefox, deadly fast, easy tab browsing and it just looks alot nicer :)You can get plugins for Internet Explorer (6) that allow it to have tabbed browsing. 93% of people still use Internet Explorer, thats down from 95% last year though.

Hi every one!!!!
I whould like to ask you, what is better:

Internet Explorer, Opera or Firefox????

If you care about security and don't want your computer infected by all of the malware that is written to take advantage of the many vulnerabilities that Microsoft has written into IE, then Firefox is your obvious choice. The fact that is open-source ensures that the code will get constant peer review from a talented band of programmers and contributors around the world.

I voted Firefox, I realize, but it's because it's familiar to me and it's my favorite to use. But above all, I would prefer Opera if it was a little more compatible with cool and crazy stuff. It has widgets, yes, but Firefox has so many. The people who voted IE are being silly. Firefox crashes every now and then, for me, but when IE crashes, it used to be so hard to end that task without ending another program. I'm a little thankful for the beta though. Although the fonts are incredibly blurry, it's a great deal better than IE 6 was. When it's released, I hope they not only fix that but the CSS errors designers have been clamoring about for nigh a century.OK, not really a century, but it's still pretty important!Opera has been in the shadows for a little while. It's very sleek, very easy, powerful, free, and more, but it seems to exude this angelic aura - all ye worthy touchest it not! Firefox brings that to the normal user, with a glitch here or there. Those of you who report that Firefox is more glitchy than IE have to remember that IE has a long and troubled history of being buggy, unsafe, and so much more. Firefox, because it's in the media spotlight, attracts more attention than Microsoft's rag-tag child.So yes, the best browser is probably Opera. But the most casual browser I would say is Firefox.

All of us know IE diplays everything(almost) OK>May be there are security loopholes which does not affect a normal user much.And let me speak something towards the mozilla fuss over there:Mozilla isn't perfect. There are drawbacks. First, it is a separate download (https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/) of about 12MB. If you want Java support, that's another download. Flash and shockwave are still more additional downloads. Still, if you have broadband, it's not a big deal. Dial-up users will always need a friend burn a CD.The biggest drawback, however, is there are sites out there that are programmed to work only with IE. A few sites even will refuse you entry unless you are using IE even though they work with Mozilla at least partially. The prefbar addon for Mozilla allows you to easily impersonate IE and can help with such sites. This isn't a failing of Mozilla, but a failure of the webmasters to follow the web standards. However, you, as a Mozilla user, still have to deal with it. Sites that use ActiveX, which is a security disaster (ActiveX is what makes the drive-by-downloading and a host of other problems possible), won't work properly with Mozilla, although there is an obscure plugin to support ActiveX in Mozilla. Considering the security aspect, this really is more of a benefit. And for Netscape, let's be honest, they lost all hope of competing and now using IE's rendering engine.(They openly declare it while installing on your computer; if you have IE already installed)

I use OPERA for a few years now and i am veeeery happy with it! They are the one who invented tabbed browsing which is now integrated also in firefox and IE if you wish (they coppied it!!!) However, Opera is also the fastest browser on the planet at the moment and that certainly is a big plus for it - for me the most important. OPERA is also known for a verry huge working space so you dont have almost any border and stupid buttons and stuff...OPERA is PLAIN AND SIMPLE, TABBED, THE FASTEST ON THE PLANET! I do not need more and i also use Mini Opera on my mobile phone - it rocks there too!! greetz

Edited by heavensounds (see edit history)