xisto Community
jacob

The Best Browser In Your Opinion for WIN32/64 systems

what internet browser do you consider as the best one  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use Maxthon as my default browser because it's can block advertisement, annoying popup, tab-browsing and based on Internet Explorer. So, it's proper for my 56k dial-up connection and enjoy the feature.

Edited by Abystar (see edit history)

In my adventures of searching for my ideal browser, I found one that suited me and I used it for over a year. Meet Avant Browser. He's a very cool browser.... has everything Opera, Firefox and everything else including the Internet Explorer compability, excluding the security issues. When I thought I fell in love with Avant Browser and it's useful Internet Explorer filled fun, Opera becomes free. Yes you heard it, I finally fell in love with another browser... one I can finally use legally for free. So I strugged between a choice between an ultra compatible browser, or a an awsome, email integrated, widget filled fun. Now Opera to me, was like a firefox and internet explorer combined...less the vunerabilites and slow loading crap.

However, there was only one problem. Opera liked to crash! A lot! So what if Opera's the fastest browser for every category you have, and so what if Opera is a smaller file size compared to Opera? Right now firefox is my friend. Except the loading part. Fortunately, I found way to make firefox faster with some of its extensions and what he taught us. Now, I use firefox all the time even though it's not my favorite just yet.... convince me more!

I use Opera, Internet Xplorer, Mozilla Firefox and Netscape Navigator 8.0 but, most often, I use Opera than the rest.Well, I needed all of 'em cos of my web development and for debugging my websites during web designing.

I use internet explorer, I think its 6. I use to use FireFox but just started hating its popularity and went back to internet explorer. lol, I've never used opera but have heard good things about it. I also once used Safari...Never use it, lol. Its slow and really bad at loading things.Also I have a windows 98.

Internet Explorer 7 is awesome. It loads fast like the old versions, but has everything Firefox has. No doubt about it, it is my fave browser.

IE..whatever the latest one is...I prefer IE + popup blockers to FF. I know it's not as safe, but IE has less toolbars and seems less crowded. And I can't seem to get the font size right on FF. :)

I prefer IE + popup blockers to FF. I know it's not as safe, but IE has less toolbars and seems less crowded. And I can't seem to get the font size right on FF

I know! i dont get many pop ups and i really dont care if its not safe. I have had only 1 virus on this computer (well that i know of or has caused any damage) and that was form limewire. And i like the clean and simple look. FF is so packed with stuff that i will never use... ever

you have to pay for it, but IE comes free with windows... Plus, those features can be added with a toolbar, except tabbed browsing, and that isn't to impotant, becuae then it gets put in a group eventualy.

Opera is free. Just download and install. I'm an ameteur web developer and thus have all three major web browsers - Opera, Firefox, and Internet Explorer on my computer. Browsing with IE is so insecure it's like blasting water(viruses and malware) at swiss cheese(your IE browser). Firefox and Opera are much more secure, near popupless(but in both you can refuse popups completely, unlike IE), and near malware inpenetrable. Firefox is the most extensible, but not as functional as Opera Beta 9 - Mail Client(all protocols), IRC client, Bittorrent client(with UDP protocol), notes, the ability to identify as any of the three major browsers, content blocker(remove flash ads in pages) etc. Firefox, though has the ability to be just as functional through its huge amount of extensions. With both their strengths, I feel that Opera is better because it follows HTML standards better than Firefox, though no browser follows them 100%

And what's funny is Opera is only a 3MB download - nothing compared to IE or Firefox, yet twice as functional.
Edited by Tetraca (see edit history)

IE 6, Has the only thing you really need for the internet --the internet!

And all the things you don't need! Such as adware and viruses! YAH IE!

I myself use firefox/opera. Either or works for me.

Nice long thread we have here...I've used IE basically the entire time I've ever browsed the net. Since I'm an admin of IPB Gaming I've had to experiment with other browsers to see the effects of changes to IPB's (mod's and such) but I always go back to IE in the end. If IE were to go extinct I would probably switch to Opera, which is okay for me, but I don't use it as much because for some reason it eats up alot of CPU usage...

Mozilla Firefox.I have used IE6 but it has a lot of bugs. Even i had SP2 i was not secure from hackers. I use NAV2005 and Sygate Firewall with Mozilla Firefox and i think that i am now secured. Best thing in Firefox: it is open source program and it has got a lot of extensions which are very useful, it cleans cookies and history automaticlly( after shuting down firefox) so i dont have to do it manually.I heard about Opera but i don?t think that i will try it soon, i have my fox.

I use IE 6. I did use mozilla, but we recently recieved a virus off of it. We have norton and everything installed and mozilla downloaded a virus onto our computer. We ended up having to reformat our computer and my parents weren't too happy about it. So for now, until I find a better browser, i'm sticking with IE 6.