xisto Community
jacob

The Best Browser In Your Opinion for WIN32/64 systems

what internet browser do you consider as the best one  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like everyone I started with IE6 then moved on to something I feel is much better Firefox. I like all the addons and how you tab so you can view more than one site in one page. So that's my opinion but I'm looking at trying Opera or whatever it's called just see what it's like.

i use firefox and love it... i especially like the fact that its skinnable and the tabbed browsing makes things sooo easy... at first i thought it was a pain because on IE you could ALT+TAB between windows, but CTRL+TAB does that and keeps you from getting everything cluttered up... not to mention you dont have to worry about popups, all your downloads can go in one window, and automatically to wherever you want them to go.i would like to check out opera, if someone could maybe give me some specs or a download link?

Depending on what I'm doing and what computer I'm using, I use either FireFox or IE. I'm not sure on the version numbers because I jump around from computer to computer so much.

oh my god 38 page :lol:
its really Popular Topic , i think 70% Xisto posting here :rolleyes:
and browser
i use opera and firefox and ie
my usage is : 70% operan version 10 - 20 % IE version 6 - 10% firefox
I think opera is good browser but this browser has problem with <div> and tabels
i can not view some site in opera for this problem . its very bad . but opera has many options like voice , mail , bookmart , notes , history , links , transfer

i think opera skins is very nice , did you see this skin :
meguiddo 1.4 version for opera ?
for download this skin visit
http://www.opera.com/o/news-portal
i like this skin
IE and some browser dosent support skin type , I use Ie when i have problem with <div> in opera .

What is this problem details , i am designer i want to know how to make one site with <div> with out this problem

On my laptop i use Netscape browser now. It has the tabbed browsing stuff on it and the other stuff. I like how it can switch between Firefox and IE if the page isn't viewing right. Like if you look at a page in IE mode and you don't like what it looks like or its not suppose to look like that you can manually switch it to Firefox setting and view it as it is on Mozilla Firefox. yeah. pretty slow startup but its okay.

What? No FireFox fans here? I use Firefox. Firefox is unquestionable the best browser. Its faster than Opera (believe it) and superb rendering. Its more secure and is frequently updated by Mozilla. due to its Open Source nature several addons in the form of extensions are available for FireFox which makes browsing all the more a better experience.

Nope, Opera is faster than Firefox, and Firefox is slower than Internet Explorer. Because Firefox renders the page before it has been loaded, it may seem faster, but in fact, it's slower. Also, it is more secure only because it doesn't use ActiveX and because the main target for hackers are people using IE. Opera is even more secure :rolleyes:
I don't know why some people say that Firefox is better than Opera. Opera has all of Firefox's features, plus alot more. It is more secure, it's faster and it's simply better. Firefox has an awful skinning feature, where the browser must be restarted before the skin can be used. Honestly, that's how M$ does it, but FIREFOX?!? In Opera, you can preview a skin and select to not use it the very same second you've downloaded it.

Of course, I'm using Opera. I'm a fan of it :lol:
Edited by Amezis (see edit history)

I don't know about any browsers that aren't free. Tabbed browsing has been default in Opera since the 90s, before someone had even thought about making Firefox. The popup blocking works much better on Opera. Those "useful" extension are default in Opera anyways.

Also, I would just make it clear that Opera is more secure than Firefox. There are over 100 known security issues in Firefox, some of them discovered back in 2004. So Firefox isn't really secure :rolleyes:

Firefox here. So far it's my favorite browser, I just use IE for web design testing purposes (you have no idea how frustrating it is that IE can't show transparency properly.)

Yeah, IE is awful at displaying pictures, and can't even show transparent PNGs properly. The only good thing in Firefox is simply that it has a good support of the standards, whie IE doesn't. But that's the only real difference between the browsers.

I use Firefox, Opera, SeaMonkey, Mozilla, Netscape, Avant Browser, Maxthon and Internet Explorer with Service Pack 2.Mostly I use Opera and Firefox. I use Netscape and Mozilla for some odd purposes. Avant and Maxthon for Windows Update and Internet Explorer for testing of web pages. It is so annyoing for IE.Opera and Firefox are the best.

I'm currently using Mozilla Firefox for the most part. I tried the free version of Opera and liked it, but something bothered me for some reason... :rolleyes: I basically use Opera when I need to test something or something doesn't display correctly in Firefox. If it still fails... Internet Ex...p...lo...rer...

On my laptop there's a Netscape browser that lets me switch from IE or Firefox when the page isn't viewed right in one browser. So i odn't have to likeopen firefox seperately and view the page. And its all one browser. Not that fast but its okay.