xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PIPER-4-HIRE

The Fart Joke THE SCOTTISH FART POEM

TAE A FERTThis poem is appropriate for reading to an audience shortly after they have eaten the haggis - you will need an audience with a sense of humour!Oh what a sleekit horrible beastieLurks in yer belly efter the feastieJust as ye sit doon among yer kinThere sterts to stir an enormous wind.The neeps and tatties and mushy peasStert workin like a gentle breezeBut soon the puddin wi the sauncie faceWill have ye blawin? all ower the place.Nae matter whit the hell ye daeA?bodys gonnae have tae payEven if ye try to stifle,It?s like a bullet oot a rifle.Hawd yer bum tight tae the chairTae try and stop the leakin airShift yersel frae cheek tae cheekPrae tae God it doesnae reek.But aw yer efforts go assunderOot it comes like a clap a thunderRicochets aroon the roomMichty me, a sonic boom!God almighty it fairly reeks;Hope I huvnae *BLEEP* ma breeksTae the bog I better scurryAw whit the hell, its no ma worry.A?body roon aboot me chokin,Wan or two are nearly bokinI?ll feel better for a whileCannae help but raise a smile.Wis him! I shout with accusin glower,Alas too late, he?s just keeled owerYe dirty bugger they shout and stareI dinnae feel welcome any mair.Where ere ye go let yer wind gan freeSounds like just the job fur meWhit a fuss at Rabbie's pertyOwer the sake o won wee ferty.The author is unknown, although it is definitely a takeoff on Burns? ?To a Mouse?.Contributed by David Hain, Brockville, Ontario, who certainly livened up our Band?s Christmas Party with his reading of the above, shortly after Burns? Address to the Haggis!

well, i got about 2 stanza's in and i stoped...i understand it is poetry but the english on there is a bit difficult to understand an di just dot have the time :angry:

That is too funny for words! For those that can't understand it, try saying the words out loud in a Scottish accent. It is the accent that makes it funnier. If it helps, I will try to translate for you, hope it's still as funny and PIPER-4-HIRE, please correct me if I get it wrong.

TO A FARTOh what a sleekit horrible beast
Lurks in your belly after the feast
Just as you sit down among your kin
There starts to stir an enormous wind.

The turnips and potatoes and mushy peas
Start working like a gentle breeze
But soon the pudding with the sauncie face
Will have your blowing all ower the place.

No matter what the hell you do
Everybody's going to have to pay
Even if you try to stifle,
Its like a bullet out a rifle.

Hold you bum tight to the chair
To try and stop the leaking air
Shift yourself from cheek to cheek
Pray to God it doesn't reek.

But all your efforts go asunder
Out it comes like a clap a thunder
Ricochets around the room
Mighty me, a sonic boom!

God almighty it fairly reeks;
Hope I haven't *BLEEP* my pants
To the toilet I better scurry
Aw what the hell, its not my worry.

Everybody round about me choking,
One or two are nearly puking
Ill feel better for a while
Can't help but raise a smile.

It was him! I shout with accusing glower,
Alas too late, hes just keeled ower
You dirty bugger they shout and stare
I didn't feel welcome any more.

Where ever you go let your wind go free
Sounds like just the job for me
What a fuss at Robbie's party
All for the sake of one wee farty.

The rhyme doesn't work as well and some of the words I can't translate, but I think you get the general idea. :angry:

That is too funny for words! For those that can't understand it, try saying the words out loud in a Scottish accent. It is the accent that makes it funnier. If it helps, I will try to translate for you, hope it's still as funny and PIPER-4-HIRE, please correct me if I get it wrong.

The rhyme doesn't work as well and some of the words I can't translate, but I think you get the general idea. :angry:

no problem, some words dont translate all that well ne way.

ALBUS- i understand where your comin from but if you heard it being read you would be ROTFLYAO, the joke it self is mostly in the expression and the acting of the person reading it.