xisto Community
nustadventist

Is Christianity Just Another Religion Or Its Superior

amit, you're right to a certain extent, I just think the topic name should be changed, because it can create false opinions towards religions or people who are against religion, but I don't see a huge problem here.

No, actually for me this is totally absurd.not becauase i don't believe in religion. i m a true believer in god and i m a hindu.but wat i believe in is that all religions are equal and god is one. its just the difference in the ways we see them and pray. so there is no point in hving questions like which religion is better - christianity or hinduism or any other. the point is we are seeing the results of religious extremism throughout the world- whether in iraq or afghanistan or pakistan etc. so wat i want to see is more and more people believe in the concept of oneness of god so that the world can unite. and if god is one then where does the question arise that which one is better.hope u get tyhe point.bye.

I think Believing in a god is how you feel and if you are comfortable with it, then you should stay with it. I also believe that there are other gods like Alah and Budda and on and on. I feel that no one should be preasured into a religious, you should be able to feel comfortable and it is not a compitition to see whos gods are better or whos religion is better. I thnk you should really have a talk with your preist or someone very religious to try to firgure out whats goin on, not ask a bunch of people online.

I think Believing in a god is how you feel and if you are comfortable with it, then you should stay with it. I also believe that there are other gods like Alah and Budda and on and on. I feel that no one should be preasured into a religious, you should be able to feel comfortable and it is not a compitition to see whos gods are better or whos religion is better. I thnk you should really have a talk with your preist or someone very religious to try to firgure out whats goin on, not ask a bunch of people online.

So you believe that only preists and very religious people are able to determine whether or not something having to do with Christianity, or any other religion, is true or not? Why not talk to everyone else, get input on it from everyone, rather than one qualified person why not a bunch of somewhat-qualified people?

Have you ever done Anything on Religions when you were at school. All religions are based on the same thing, Every religion has a book which they follow. And why the hell would feeling supierior over another religion be good may i ask? This next bit is just a example sorry if it offends anyone. It's like saying you are a christian you rule the world, you are a jew you are the slaves. There cannot be a supieror Religion.

Haha this is a post that is so popular yet the person who started it didn't even think when he put it up. First off as others said before Christianity came from Judaism. Also its not even the most popular religion. In stats it is, but how many christians go to church every sunday or even every month. How many pray every night or even week. Plus Christians come with all sort of beliefs. I mean i can name over 10 different types Christianity. Muslims, or most, are very religious and there isnt 100s of off takes of the belief and they have the 2nd most followers. Lastly, how can anyone have a superior religion? For one Christians were the ones who had the spanish inquistion and killed the so called Witches also don't forget about all those child malustation charges. To me a superior religion would not have a background like that. I am non-relgious, but i like the religion Buddhism the most. For one they don't believe that you can't get into the holy land (christians it's heaven) unless you accept Buddha. The believe if your good, good things happen and don't kill living things. To me thats a superior religion.

I dont think any one religion is superior to the other. I know that people who believe in one religion, are going to think theirs is superior but it isn't. The whole world is always in this fight about what religion is better, and in my opinion they are all the same, whether you believe in god, or you dont...they are all equal. True that i do like some religions better, but i dont think they are superior i just feel they present themselves in a better manner. There are a lot of christians in this world, but more doesn't mean better, nor does it mean they are right. To answer the question, i think its just another religion.

It IS and isntIS:superior in sizesuperior in number of forms ( Lutheran, Roman Catholic etc.)-As for that, CHristianity is just another religion, it isn't better than any other because they all are made up with no physical proof of their Spiritual Leaders (Like God/Allah for example)I am jewish, but i clearly never use my religion in serious discussions, or think it as superior, its just another thing people try to and believe in.

All religious teachings essentially point at the same thing. Organized religion is a whole other thing.

Are christians more compassionate and spiritual than those who practice other religions?

As I see it, no. Spirituality is an individual matter and doesn't have anything to do with what religious belief you happen to subscribe to. And think about this: Most people don't choose their own religion.

why is this topic even open anymore? 99.99% of everyone who has posted agrees its NOT. I Think we should close it. We are all just repeating ourselves.

Muslims, or most, are very religious and there isnt 100s of off takes of the belief and they have the 2nd most followers.

Yeah well, go to my country and find out how many of them go to mosques...It's in all religions.

Yeah well, go to my country and find out how many of them go to mosques...It's in all religions.

Im saying there is not as many offshoots yet there is the 2nd most followers. That is ONE Christianty breaks off to 100s.

You can not judge a religion by the number of followers it has. The sprit of religion in a Muslim might be ten times greater then the sprite of religion in all of the Christians combined. As long as one stays faithful to a religion, no other religion can be superior to that one person. Thus different ideas are expressed and can not be known for sure, making no religion superior to others.

I don't think there's a "superior" religion. There's this quote from somewhere (I dunno where) and it states:Religion is spelled d-o.Christianity is spelled d-o-n-e.I think of Christianity as salvation rather than religion.But I don't think people should be comparing relgions. "My religion is better than yours" just stirs up hate.

I don't think Christianity or any other religion is superior to another. If anything Christianity is just to me seems the most popluar one where I am from and it kind of drives me nuts when I see people saying "God is the only way!" I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but...Ugh get over yourselves, if God was the only way then we wouldn't have a choice in what we belive and besides, you don't even know your way is right. :) Anyway keeping my cool on this subject, my personal belief is if a religion tells me that it is superior to all religions, then it is not a religion I want to belive in.