xisto Community
nustadventist

Is Christianity Just Another Religion Or Its Superior

The fact that no religion is innately supperior has already been covered. I'd like to add two things. First, Christianity is not more inclusive than other religions. If anything, many of its sects are much more exclusive than liberal sects of other dominant religions (Judiasm and Islam).Second, truefusion I have to state pretty strenuously that the article you linked to is so dubious as to not really merit any consideration. As far as I know, there has never been a case of a man (xy genes) not recognizing testosterone, or indeed a woman (xx) not recognizing testosterone. That's because both men and women need testosterone to develop -- it's an essential hormone. I think what the author meant to point out when they were talking about an androgenous person was someone with XXY chromosomes, who displays secondary female characteristics but is infertile. Even if we accept the scientifically implausable supposition that such an individual could be fertile, there is no research, anywhere (according to my knowledge) that shows that two gametes in the same individual could fuse to produce a viable zygote. That's because humans and our ancestors chose sexual reproduction for more genetic diversity over asexual reproduction. Let me be specific that I'm not attacking or disputing your religious beliefs, but I do call in to question their scientific backing. If you would like to show me a credible study proving asexual reproduction in humans, with accessable test data, I might change my mind.

Edited by WindAndWater (see edit history)

It is, indeed, a rare occurance. Like i've said, it also happens in nature. And it just so happens the births that happen in nature are all female. How would we know it happens in nature, if there were no findings? It just so happens, that we humans are different than all other animals. So, that should increase the possibility of a female, of our race, to be able to give birth to a male.But tell me something, would you know if you had stuff of the opposite sex inside you, if it did not appear so on the outside?Even science has taken the Bible into consideration for its studies. Since, it's been proven to be true many times. Assuredly, the teachings of the Bible is ahead of its time.

It is, indeed, a rare occurance. Like i've said, it also happens in nature. And it just so happens the births that happen in nature are all female. How would we know it happens in nature, if there were no findings? It just so happens, that we humans are different than all other animals. So, that should increase the possibility of a female, of our race, to be able to give birth to a male.

But tell me something, would you know if you had stuff of the opposite sex inside you, if it did not appear so on the outside?

Even science has taken the Bible into consideration for its studies. Since, it's been proven to be true many times. Assuredly, the teachings of the Bible is ahead of its time.

I understand what you are saying, but is there any scientific proof instead of you assuming there is? If so, can you please give me a credible source such as Wikipedia/Encyclopedia Brit. as opposed to something like the Christian Research Center which would be bias.

I understand what you are saying, but is there any scientific proof instead of you assuming there is? If so, can you please give me a credible source such as Wikipedia/Encyclopedia Brit. as opposed to something like the Christian Research Center which would be bias.

The link i provided in this topic is a Christian Research Center? Strange, it doesnt look like that to me... Or am i misunderstanding you?

But, why would you trust any other resources, if you dont trust the first one i put out? Because you want them? I'm not sure about Encyclopedia of Britian, but Wikipedia can be edited, no? But, why just the Encyclopedia of Britian? Why even any encyclopedia?

It is, indeed, a rare occurance. Like i've said, it also happens in nature. And it just so happens the births that happen in nature are all female. How would we know it happens in nature, if there were no findings? It just so happens, that we humans are different than all other animals. So, that should increase the possibility of a female, of our race, to be able to give birth to a male.
But tell me something, would you know if you had stuff of the opposite sex inside you, if it did not appear so on the outside?

Even science has taken the Bible into consideration for its studies. Since, it's been proven to be true many times. Assuredly, the teachings of the Bible is ahead of its time.

it's not as rare as you may think... it is vary possible to give birth without having sex...it's called Artificial Insemenation... it does not prove that the story of the virgin mary is true.

as for another way...Asexual reproduction is impossible in homosapiens and our relative's.

The link i provided in this topic is a Christian Research Center? Strange, it doesnt look like that to me... Or am i misunderstanding you?
But, why would you trust any other resources, if you dont trust the first one i put out? Because you want them? I'm not sure about Encyclopedia of Britian, but Wikipedia can be edited, no? But, why just the Encyclopedia of Britian? Why even any encyclopedia?

Wikipedia is as accurate as any other encyclopedia according to reports. I was asking for you to provide me with a credible source link. The link you gave was done of a direct study of Jesus. I am asking for a study that does not say "this proves the virgin birth", rather, it proves it could happen, with no religious affiliation

it's called Artificial Insemination...

Heh, of course this isnt rare, anymore. Maybe, back when it was just starting to become an alternative. Of course, it doesnt go as far back as the time of Mary's existence. But, now it's used quite a lot.

[hr=noshade]

Wikipedia is as accurate as any other encyclopedia according to reports. I was asking for you to provide me with a credible source link. The link you gave was done of a direct study of Jesus. I am asking for a study that does not say "this proves the virgin birth", rather, it proves it could happen, with no religious affiliation

It would be very hard to find proof that doesnt relate back to the Bible. Since, the only recorded event of such a thing happening comes from the Bible.

But, while i'm on my search for proof, mind if you search for proof that proves that such a thing isnt possible, while referencing back to these scientific journals/articles (without relating back to the Bible)?

[/hr]

Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

To say or even imply that Christianity is "superior" is completely big-headed and blasphemous, in any context. Just because a majority of people believe it, does not mean that it is necessarily the "right" religion. This just goes to show you that the majority is not always right. And you must understand that long ago, many people either had christianity forced upon them by a higher authority or converted so they could avoid persecution.

To say or even imply that Christianity is "superior" is completely big-headed and blasphemous, in any context. Just because a majority of people believe it, does not mean that it is necessarily the "right" religion. This just goes to show you that the majority is not always right. And you must understand that long ago, many people either had christianity forced upon them by a higher authority or converted so they could avoid persecution.

Good points. Many people in the Roman Empire had the religion forced on them, so now the whole area of the former Roman Catholic empire is predominatly Christian.

This just goes to show you that the majority is not always right.

Even minorities can be wrong...
[hr=noshade]
Anywho, how's your search coming along htdefiant? I havent been able to find the proof that relates to giving birth to a male, as a virgin. But, to tell you the truth, i doubt i ever will (without going into Biblical things). But, here's the best thing so far, for female birth from a virgin, from a place you suggested. Parthenogenesis
[/hr]
Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

Nice but that has nothing to do with humans. This is interesting:
CNN Report

Funny, but it has nothing to do with virgin birth. :angry::D

Also, there are many factors that come into play here. But, i'll let you figure it out yourself. :D

Anyway, I think we just have to agree to disagree.

Indeed! :angry:

I havent been able to find the proof that relates to giving birth to a male, as a virgin. But, to tell you the truth, i doubt i ever will (without going into Biblical things). But, here's the best thing so far, for female birth from a virgin, from a place you suggested. Parthenogenesis

After a bit of research, here's what I found. Imprinting and Parthenogenesis and the abstract of the study it references is at this Nature address (it costs money to read the full study). The study's interesting in this debate, because in it the scientists manage to create healty mice from parthenogenesis (through a large amount of genetic meddling), but use their findings to prove that parthenogenesis can't occur naturally in mammals. I guess everyone will take from it what they want ;-) Not that we were going to change anyone's mind anyway...

Just the idea of saying a religion is better than another is so ignorant that it's not even funny.I am a christian but i definetely don't think my religion is better than anyone else's. If Joe Smith worships a chair or Jane Smith worships an elephant that's their problem.Religion is something you do for yourself, its personal. You don't worship something or someone to be better than someone else.I have lots of friends that are atheists and i don't judge them for it. I also knew one person that was a satanis, and that was also his choice. I don't think that makes me or my religion any better than his.