xisto Community
semeticsister

The Very First Topic In The Counseling Forum

No offense to you anwiii, but drinkers, are generally losers who abuse children, women, and everyone else around them. Strong opinion? Yes. I know several drinkers. Both are/were great guys. You can drink, but be safe with it.

I agree <_<

And I must add that the converse is also true - a lot of non-drinkers can be complete idiots *grin*

Well, all generalizations are bad, so...

Anyway, the question is what I would do if someone forced a drink on me (or anything else, for that matter, that would be generally against my principles)... well, there are a couple of ways to look at it. Situation A. I'm with close friends who are fully aware of - *ahem* - let's say - my general preferences, and they're just trying to force something on me. Situation B. Someone who doesn't quite know me has taken great efforts in setting up something for me in the hope that I'll like it - like, for example, buying me a very expensive drink and waiting expectantly for me to cherish it :huh:

Well, in situation A I'd either oblige and avenge myself (later) or tell them upfront that this just won't do - put my foot down real hard on them, in other words.

In situation B - well, I've never been involved in such a situation in the context of alcohol - but once (it was pretty amusing) a not-so-well-acquainted friend called me over for lunch and worked really hard on making stuffed tomatoes for me - and almost everyone who knows me knows I can't stand tomatoes - not stuffed ones, at least. But I gulped them down, one after another, because knowing that they were made out of concern for me helped me like it enough :lol:

However, it is highly unlikely that a young gang (particularly in party like scenarios) will want you to drink out of concern for yeh (duh), so you're usually in situation A - in which case it is good to stand up to your instincts :lol:

My five paisas anyway...

I agree with at least most of the previous statements but would like to add a bit.Firstly, what is your age? If its under 21 (in the U.S.) or 18 (in most other major contries) then its not legal for you to be drinking anyway. You could base your excuse on that, say thay you don't want to get caught, ruin your future, ect.Secondly, personally, if my friends don't respect me enough to respect my decisions then I'd quit being their friend entirely.Thridly, try to stay out of drinking situations all together. If you a minor ask if a responsible adult will be present, if your an adult just plain don't go or angange for a party at your house.Finally, underage drinking is illegal for a reason, its not good for you <_< . Studies have shown that underage drinkers have decreased brain function and other serious health effects. Not to mention that you could kill yourself when your not in control of your mind! If nothing else, this is also a good thing to base your excuse off off if you continue to be firends with the person pressuring you.

Drinking alcohol is not wrong, as long as it is done in moderation. Personally I think beer tastes like crap, but I was raised having a sweet tooth. I enjoy a glass of wine every now and then. But underage drinking just leads to lots of trouble, like fights, puking for hours, more fights, incestual friendship relationships (freinds dating friends and then other friends in the group). Not good situations at all.Plus it's a waste of money.

My philisophy is your only young once, why not have fun? I'd feel like I was cheating my self if I didn't drink a bit, smoke something, just a little recreational drug use to drive to some fun. If I don't experiment now, then when will I? What will I be able to look back on in life and see?Please, have fun, no regrets, live your life, its your online one. Your going to die, who cares if its at 60 or 90? I sure don't. Those 30 years will be painful anyways!

Whoa guys. Wow, quite a lot oif opinion. Anwii:I am just saying taht in general, the world would be a tad better place without the use of Alcohol. It doesn't raise moral standards, and it sure doesn't prevent crime. People kill and ron for Alcohol. Same with Cigerattes. I don't think we need stimulants to be hapy. That is all. But I like that suggestion. Replacing beer with apple juice. A nice suggestion. It sure would fool anyone.

I'd say you should be proud of your self. Drinking, not cool. Smoking, not cool. Any kind of drug or alcohol is just not cool. Just ignore them. If you start drinking most likely you won't be able to stop. And then it just fries your liver and you all sorts of problems all your life. Huge medical bills. And think of the money you would have if you didn't. And if you smoke, that is really bad. Then you get lung cancer and die really slowly and painfully. This would would be a better place without all the junk we have come up with. i would say, keep up the good work and never let anyone or anything EVER pressure you into anything. Because you will think back on that day, and it will be worth just saying no.

My dear friend I would like to narrate some thing. One of my friend who lived in a small city and after schooling went to a metro city for his higher education. He was all alone in the huge rush. Many a times he felt like being lost in the rush. Every one he met in his college seemed to him very funny natured. Almost all of them smoked many of them drink in parties etc. Many a times these friends of him abused him to be abnormal as he never used such things and avoided these bad habits and more over said all his friends to avoid such things.?But even after such bad behavior of his friends he never started any bad habits of drinks , smoking etc. As his parents always said to him to be far away with such things then only you be a successful person. He never forgot that. Right now he is an executive in revenue department and still having such friends and still refusing to use such things. So my dear friend its up to you that what to except and what not to. Be brave be bold and don’t spoil your life in editions. Be happy.??