xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

What Is It With People And Myspace? vent

I've had two myspaces in the past 3 years (because I got sick of it and deleted my first one), and I'm not sure really why I like it so much. I guess it's just an easy way to be in contact with all my friends, faster than email and more permanent than IM (because you can leave a message even if someone is offline, which currently only yahoo does, but nobody uses yahoo).First, I make it a point not to add people I don't personally know well in real life, not because I'm scared of sex offenders or anything, but just because they're annoying.Second, anyone who actually meets up with a sex offender on myspace...honestly, they deserve it. Internet relationships are bad, and internet relationships that turn into real life ones are worse. So if you go down that road, expect bad things to come.Third, I like a lot of the extra stuff myspace has...the music section is great, for example.Now, I still use my email, and all three major messengers (yahoo, aim, msn), I just like myspace as an easy way to keep a network with all my friends.

but nobody uses yahoo

Hey I use Yahoo! :rolleyes: Anyway you do make a point, when ever I do try to keep in contact with friends they always say "Do you have AIM?" or every other messenger I don't use that often.

Second, anyone who actually meets up with a sex offender on myspace...honestly, they deserve it. Internet relationships are bad, and internet relationships that turn into real life ones are worse. So if you go down that road, expect bad things to come.

I do agree with that, anyone who does meet up with a sex offender and ends up having bad consequences because of it deserves what they get. I don't know about all Internet relationships being bad. I know quite a few people who have had successful relationships online, you just have to be careful about who you try to have a relationship with and be on your guard.

I have seen no point to Myspace. I prefer LiveJournal as an honest opinion, I find it more secure. The problem with Myspace is that its turned into more or less a dating/flirting site and not a way to keep up with friends like most people have tried to advertise it to me. The only benefit to Myspace is its a way for colleges to find out who about which students are responsible for vandalism on campus. I have never or will ever have a Myspace account.

I use it to meet people cause i have found some cool people on there with the same interest. I have heard of some great bands from there. And in my town, funny story, someone was caught spray painting "bad" pictures all over portland oregon and some other kid found the same marks on a kids profile with HIM STANDING NEXT TO IT. How god damn dumb is that.

I personally dont like myspace. I dont know why, maybe because it just doesnt let you have all the freedom you want. You can only edit what they want you to edit. But because some friends were bugging me, I started a Bebo. I like it better than myspace, you can customize more things. You can look at it at https://bebo.com/. Mine is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Hey I use Yahoo! :lol: Anyway you do make a point, when ever I do try to keep in contact with friends they always say "Do you have AIM?" or every other messenger I don't use that often. I do agree with that, anyone who does meet up with a sex offender and ends up having bad consequences because of it deserves what they get. I don't know about all Internet relationships being bad. I know quite a few people who have had successful relationships online, you just have to be careful about who you try to have a relationship with and be on your guard.

lol, I use yahoo too. :rolleyes:

But no, not all internet relationships are bad...I've had a few before, actually, (well, one that evolved from having a mutual friend, and one that came from an irl relationship where I moved) and those weren't that bad, but I just can't see an internet relationship turning into anything permanent.

I've had two myspaces in the past 3 years (because I got sick of it and deleted my first one), and I'm not sure really why I like it so much. I guess it's just an easy way to be in contact with all my friends, faster than email and more permanent than IM (because you can leave a message even if someone is offline, which currently only yahoo does, but nobody uses yahoo).

Then again, you can use an invisionfree forum, which is free, faster, and has less ads.

First, I make it a point not to add people I don't personally know well in real life, not because I'm scared of sex offenders or anything, but just because they're annoying.
Second, anyone who actually meets up with a sex offender on myspace...honestly, they deserve it. Internet relationships are bad, and internet relationships that turn into real life ones are worse. So if you go down that road, expect bad things to come.

I agree with you on this one...

Third, I like a lot of the extra stuff myspace has...the music section is great, for example.

I don't dig ameteur bands that look like a bunch of emo kids.

Now, I still use my email, and all three major messengers (yahoo, aim, msn), I just like myspace as an easy way to keep a network with all my friends.

See reason 3 quotes above.

Then again, you can use an invisionfree forum, which is free, faster, and has less ads.

I agree with you on this one...

I don't dig ameteur bands that look like a bunch of emo kids.

See reason 3 quotes above.

A majority of people aren't technologically advanced enough to use forums, surprisingly. That's why nobody I know is on the invisionboard forums I already have. :rolleyes:

Not all the bands on there are emo bands. There's some great ones on there...my favorites currently being switchfoot, gnarls barkley and foo fighters.

Also, myspace is probably an easy way for tech-impaired kids (and adults, sadly) to create their own "space" on the internet, since honestly, they probably couldn't figure out how to use something like Xisto to start their own website. The friends I've referred to trap so far always come to me to set up their website for them (which I try to avoid) because they can't figure it out.

Sorry to say, but a good majority of the world just doesn't know how to use a computer.

What's funny is is that after you get the hang of creating web sites it seems that much easier than myspace. I myself found creating a website taking no less than 5 minutes with a Post Nuke CMS, while dawdleing with my former myspace profile took at least a half an hour, then I got bored and deleted it because it served no purpose.

I'm only really bothered with 2 things in myspace: Those who watch their profile views for hours on end(which seems to me to be very sad they have nothing better to do), and those who talk into space on their blogs. Though there are people like you that use it to communicate with friends I think there are other ways to do it that seem better. I just remembered that network54's remote forum hosting dumbs it down to myspace's level where people could understand it. See example: http://www.us.to/

If I were President of the united states, I'd officially declare war on MySpace and all similar retarded web sites. Seriously. There's nothing I hate more than MySpace or idiots bickering about it. It makes me want to get a time machine, find the guy who invented myspace, and punch his mom in the uterus so she'd miscarry him.If the entire internet was a house, MySpace would be a toilet. The house would have no plumbing, though. That means the MySpace idiots would overflow every time somebody flushes it into other portions of the internet house.MySpace is also a pedophile sanctuary, but people go anyway.From now on, me and the internet are going to have to fight.

If I were President of the united states, I'd officially declare war on MySpace and all similar retarded web sites. Seriously. There's nothing I hate more than MySpace or idiots bickering about it. It makes me want to get a time machine, find the guy who invented myspace, and punch his mom in the uterus so she'd miscarry him.If the entire internet was a house, MySpace would be a toilet. The house would have no plumbing, though. That means the MySpace idiots would overflow every time somebody flushes it into other portions of the internet house.
MySpace is also a pedophile sanctuary, but people go anyway.

From now on, me and the internet are going to have to fight.

That's an interesting perspective to put it in.

It's the good thing that you told the younger kids not to go on myspace.I mean really. Cuz they would be safe, won't have a chance to be kidnapped or rape.secondly, I don't EVEN know why they liked it too. I'm not intrested in those. The other day I asked my sister that why you liked myspace so much? What the matter with Xisto?She said i don't like to make icons or sig. Besides that in Myspace there so many cool people to talk to.I told her proablly since u hanging with your friends, half of them are rapist.She started to argue with me.Besides that.....Myspace is hella boring tho.

Notice from rejected:
Fixed BBcode

First, I make it a point not to add people I don't personally know well in real life

:lol: I found this out the other day :rolleyes:.

I have a myspace, and I use myspace because it's useful. I've found a bunch of old friends that I lost contact with because I moved. It's easy to use once you get the hang of it, and I think the main reason I like it is because I can find people who are on pretty much any time of the day.

Now if you're going out and meeting with a sex predator, shame on you. You shouldn't meet with anyone that you've met online, because chances are that half the things the person said are lies.

I don't blog at myspace I have a site from Trap to do that. lol. I don't use it to hook up with people or meet little kids and tell them to meet me somewhere. Nope I don't do all those. SO what do I use it for?? Well its a creative outlet for me. Even though I can't edit most things like i want to with a website. But I do express myself with layoutsa and stuff. The main reason I joined is because I want to keep in contact with all my other friends. Most of them have myspace and that's a great way to keep in contact. Calling and texting have been something that's sort of lost. Its better to leave a message on their myspace and stuff. lol.

Myspace is a great place for people with no design skills to show off that fact to the world. I got a myspace page about a year and a half ago because I saw it as a place where I could have some free space to put up some entries from a long forgotten blog. I went through the phase of adding every fake tom and every cartoon character. But now i use it as a way to keep in touch with people that I already know. I don't accept friends requests from strangers, certainly not one's from anywhere within driving distance of me.As far as online predators and all of that goes- I really think parents need to have some sort of idea of what their kids are getting up to on the computer.

I know I have complained about Myspace a lot bother here and on other forums but I want to finally give it the credit that it does deserve. The people at my school always can't talk to each other over the summer and Myspace was the answer to it. It is kind of keeping people in touch when they can't talk to each other. I still don't use it but I can not really say its the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Its just not for me.