xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jmb2006

Life Restoration Points

i know this will never happen but wouldn't it be cool to go back to certain points in your life before things happened like the system restore feature in windows? e.g. you had an accident that paralyzed you you could go back before it happened and just didn't get in the car that day?

Yea that would be nice but you know, then your entire life after that would change. You might miss some real good points in your life or something really important. Say maybe you would never have meet your wife or girlfriend because something bad that happened was changed. You never know. I wouldn't want to tinker with the past. :) Too dangerous.

I really like the idea of being able to avoid injury but this idea would also make life very boring for everyone. The mistakes you make can sometimes cause good results and that makes life fun. If you can erase your mistakes then you will be less likely to learn from them. There would have to be some way to prevent abuse of the system to get it to be productive for society.

Yea that would be nice but you know, then your entire life after that would change. You might miss some real good points in your life or something really important. Say maybe you would never have meet your wife or girlfriend because something bad that happened was changed. You never know. I wouldn't want to tinker with the past. :) Too dangerous.

Or you could look at it the same way Duglas Adams (and many others) did: one consistant timeline. When the "passed" origonally happend you had already gone back to it.
Edited by gaea (see edit history)

Although there are things that you can avoid, you never know what will you encounter if you take another path. So maybe trying to escape of something you end up worse. It?s an interesting idea but only for science fiction, it might be scary if all of us were constantly travelling into the past.

oh boy do i ever!! there have been sooooo many times in my life when i wish i could go back in time or just to a certin day and tell myself "dont Do this!!"...because as NOONE on this forum knows, when i was in 5th grade i got caught starting fires at a near by rail-road track that passed near an empty parking lot, and well on our way to school me and 2 othe friends would stop by and just light a little somthing..i know really stupid, but in the fith grade i wasn't verry popular and i was in desperate need to fit in, and i was fitting in by doing this...we only did it three times but then we got caught, so i wish i could have gone back and said dont do it! its not worth the consequence, just to fit in... but i had to learn the hard way... I totaly wish this would happen though!

yeh, i wish i could go back in time, so many stupid things that i've done, and after it or when i think back its like whyyy did i do that...going back in time would fix those stupid mistakes, but then ppl on here are right in saying that you could change the rest of your life for the worst by changing something in the past...

There was a story written how time is not a constant river, but has many streams. If you go back up the "river" and change your "path" (In example, you try to change what already happened), you will end up going into another stream to whatever you are in now.

And everything will be VERY different in the new stream. In fact, the story told of someone who went into a car, drunk, and hit a lady. After leaving jail, he then went back in time and stopped the car at the exact moment he remembered the crash, and he changed time so badly, he ended up in a world taken over by another race, and he is forced to hide in a cave and write the story. And he cannot reverse the effect, because only his friend knew how, and in the new stream he is not there.

Maybe this is just Fiction, but the truth is in the story. If you try to restore your life to a point just to change something, you don't know what it could do to the rest of your life, and the life of those around you. Thus is The Butterfly Effect.

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

OR you can save up and invest billions of dollars/euros/pounds and get the best scientists in the world to do both of the following:A) Find a cure for death:) A Time Travelling machine

That would be pretty cool since you could make it so you never die :angry: .

However this would make the global population increase to such a high point, you would wish that you never went back in the first place. Plus, imagine someone like Adolf Hitler or Guy Fawkes coming back the very second before they got killed. That would not be a good thing :angry: