xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
savge17

New Tech: Data Transmiting At 2.56 Terabites Per Second! Thats like 60 dvds per second

Japanese and German researchers have transmitted data over a 160 kilometer link. This breaks the old

record witch was held at 1.28 terabits per second.

This new technology has allowed the researches to transfer 2,560,000,000,000 bits per second witch is the

equivalent to 60 dvd's.And this is PER SECOND...... Just amazing what these

people can come up with, stuck in a labatatory with copper wire everywhere,... wait more like fiber-optic.

-To me this shows the progression of technology and speed of witch we will shortly be able to acheive. These

such speeds will help the Military network of America strengthen and improve as the speed and efficiency

rises.

You can read more about this new record that was recently broken by visiting this website:

http://newatlas.com/go/5396/

-Lol 60 dvd's per second. Thats like what 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (everlasting)

Chuck Norris'.

This new technology has allowed the researches to transfer 2,560,000,000,000 bits per second witch is the

equivalent to 60 dvd's.And this is PER SECOND...... Just amazing what these

people can come up with, stuck in a labatatory with copper wire everywhere,... wait more like fiber-optic.

-To me this shows the progression of technology and speed of witch we will shortly be able to acheive. These

such speeds will help the Military network of America strengthen and improve as the speed and efficiency

rises.

You can read more about this new record that was recently broken by visiting this website:

http://newatlas.com/go/5396/

-Lol 60 dvd's per second. Thats like what 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (everlasting)

Chuck Norris'.

now that sounds like it's faster than a speeding bullet. no use talking about it though if we can't use it! stop making me have nightmares about how slow my computer and data transfer is already!

Well hopefully in the near future we will have somehting as fast as this. I mena if they are doing it now wont that mean in a couple if years from now we could actually have it. Interesting.. I hope atleast..

Well hopefully in the near future we will have somehting as fast as this. I mena if they are doing it now wont that mean in a couple if years from now we could actually have it. Interesting.. I hope atleast..

dream on

That sure is impressive. I can only see this technology being used by large datacenter. Even there this might be overkill because even multiple high-end servers probably wouldn't be able to handle processing enough data to fill the bandwidth. Also, the speeds could only go as fast as the user-end connection.

yea only big companyies who are using it for very important stuff will be using that. An average house wont be able to afford that. Like someone already said if they did lower it down a bit and made it cheaper it could do very well. I wouldnt expect to see a an average persons house getting this for at least 10-12 years. But you never know it could come down in price if it gets even more advanced.

Yep, I agree with a couple of the above posts in this thread. This data transmission links just shows how the modern technology is improving and how the connections are going faster.Like htdefiant said above, it'll most likely be 10 years if not longer before a connection of this speed is available for anyone to use. Still, at least we know technology's improving. Something more unique and/or stronger items of technology are being invented regularly.What's top notch stuff for us now, may be old junk in a few years time!I can't wait til the world's on fast connections like the speed mentioned in this article:)

Edited by sportytalk (see edit history)

Wow, that sure is fast!! Anyway, even if it won't be available to us for a while, at least that kind of speed could help out businesses that may need it. Especially the ones with a lot of money. It would be really cool, though, to have that fast of an Internet connection. That's a lot of sites/downloads! I'm just glad to see such a huge data transmission speed, no matter how long it will take to be affordable!

Its great that the technology is being developped, but when do you really need to moev that much data, let alone that fast. And i know it could help the militay, but, even the military cant need that fast data transfer.... well i supose so. but im sure as technology develops, and we have 4000mp cameras ect, there will be a need for all of that!

Edited by minimcmonkey (see edit history)