xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Fantistoooooooooo

Enabling Port Forwarding Using Adsl Modem With Built-in Router How to point traffick to computer behind the Prolink ADSL modem?

Dear all brothers and sisters, :D:):P

I am now looking for help on How to point traffics to a computer behind the Prolink ADSL modem

I know that for traffick sending to computer behind router, we use the Port Forwarding!

However, i didn't see any Port Forwarding Section in my ADSL modem.

Could Anyone could help me with this question?

Thanks forwards,

Best regards, :D

:) Fantisto. :P

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title modified.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

There is no need for portforwarding since an ADSL modem is a Point to Point connection.
1 PC (or router) connected to the modem.

If you have a public adress then the adress on the site https://www.whatismyip.com/ is the same as your computer, then you don't need portforwarding.

The only blocking point can be a firewall installed on your PC.

if you don?t saw anything about port forward, check for DMZ servers or virtual servers... in some routers only these options are available and they are same as "port forwarding"....

There is no need for portforwarding since an ADSL modem is a Point to Point connection.

If you have a public adress then the adress on the site https://www.whatismyip.com/ is the same as your computer, then you don't need portforwarding.

However, my ADSL is not a point to point connection. As it is built-in 4 ports ROUTER too

Then I have found that in ther ADSL modem there is a Vitual Server page. I hope this is helpful

if you don´t saw anything about port forward, check for DMZ servers or virtual servers... in some routers only these options are available and they are same as "port forwarding"....

Edited by Fantistoooooooooo (see edit history)

In order for us to know the details of your broadband modem router, it is best to also provide us the brand and the model number. I believe, since it's a router with 4 ethernet ports, there will be a port forwarding function in its configuration page. With the model number provided, you can look into more detailed steps on helping you to do the port forwarding.

If it's just a modem, there will not be any configurations to it. Hence port forwarding will seem to be an unknown command to the modem. Since it has 4 ethernet ports, it is definately a modem with build-in router. Configurations will definately be required to send data to the specific computer connected to each port on the router.

I don't have ADSL modem with 4 port router but I can access my ADSL since my modem is single port with configurable router.Unless your ADSL provider or the ADSL manufacture says otherwise, you can access your ADSL modem/router by simply going to 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. You will need administrator's username and password. It varies by brands but the default is admin/password, respectively.But if the router feature does not provide port forwarding, like mine, you will need to add another router/hub to make it happen.ADSL modem -> configure to select IP -> router/hub -> port trigger

In your admin panel, there should be a bit which says "Virtual Server" - this is bit where the port forwarding is. I wouldn't use the De Militerized Zone, as that can be a bit of a security risk.

Edited by tt3 (see edit history)

If it's just a modem, there will not be any configurations to it. Hence port forwarding will seem to be an unknown command to the modem. Since it has 4 ethernet ports, it is definately a modem with build-in router. Configurations will definately be required to send data to the specific computer connected to each port on the router.

I've seen deals from Verizon where you get a free wireless router wen you sign up for their DSL service. I don't know the specific details of your router, but it would be in the admin console (as noted above, at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ or http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/). If you give me the exact model of your router/modem, I could probably find a manual for it on the manufacturer's web site (which happens to be [url http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/).

Regarding the quote above, Verizon does distribute modems (Westell branded ones, I think 2200 series or something like that) that have a network-accessible admin console, which can be accessed at 192.168.1.1. I can confirm this based on the fact that I have actually played with one of those modems before.

Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)

how to change the firewall seting

Enabling Port Forwarding Using Adsl Modem With Built-in Router

Replying to kdr_98I need an answer for changing the firewall setting coz my bit comet software s saying me to check the firewall seting it had blocked it . So my speed of download s very slow .

-reply by leslie

I think you are from India and you use the service provider BSNL Broadband, anyways let me explain to you how it is done , this port forwarding is generally done for a common purpose that is to run a webserver from your home pc which is behind a ADSL router.All you need to do is make some cofiguration in your router and thats it prot forwarding is done.Step 1: Login to your router.this is generally done in a ADSL Router by typing the gateway address in the URL bar of your browser,in the browswer just type 192.168.1.1 Step 2: The router need authentication , if you have preset any password use that password and login to your router ,else the default password for the ADSL modem is admin and the username is also admin, now that you have logged into your router.Step 3: Now go to WAN Service and Disable the WAN service which your router provides and under WAN , select Virtual servers, in virtual Servers you have to enter the outgoing port and the incomming port , for example if you want to set up a webserver all the request will be comming in port 80 and now , enter Port 80 in the incomming port and in the outgoing port enter your internal IP address (usually 192.168.1.2) and the port in which your internal allplication is running ,eg. for IIS its port 80.Step 4: Save and exit , now to update the configuration , you have to restart your router.Hope this provides you with the necessary solution :P :P :P

Use ADSL Modem LAN ports for creating home network without using switch or routerEnabling Port Forwarding Using Adsl Modem With Built-in Router

Please help me in setting up a home network using ADSL modem which has 4 LAN ports for 4 PCs to share internet. I also supports routing, LAN, WAN..

as I can see there is some kind of network already exists, I can see the name of the computers connected to ADSL modem to share internet appears in My Network. But I can't access them.

I do not know how to configure the home network.. My pc is using windows vista home premium and my brother who is also sharing this ADSL modem for internet and using windows xp professionals.

so I want that we could create a home network through ADSL modem with current setup like

ADSL Modem

LAN cables to connect my pc/his pc with ADSL MODEM

MY PC using windows vista home premium and his pc using windows xp professional edition.

-reply by Zaraq Khan