xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hat

Issac Hayes Quits South Park

The voice for the character Chef on the animated TV show South Park quit on March 13th. Apparently, it's over the Scientologist episode. Issac is a scientologist and told the creators that they got their facts wrong on scientology, and refused to do his part in the episode. Then earlier this week, he officialy left the show. That makes me sad because he was one of my favorite characters. They will probably kill him off somehow, like have him die in a car crash and never mention him again.

The voice for the character Chef on the animated TV show South Park quit on March 13th. Apparently, it's over the Scientologist episode. Issac is a scientologist and told the creators that they got their facts wrong on scientology, and refused to do his part in the episode. Then earlier this week, he officialy left the show. That makes me sad because he was one of my favorite characters. They will probably kill him off somehow, like have him die in a car crash and never mention him again.

Yea, this is going to turn the series around. But to me its going to be hilarious...
For example: They are going to hire some random guy and put his voice into chefs. This would be wierd but they will make up some crazy excuse for it....

Yea, this is going to turn the series around. But to me its going to be hilarious...For example: They are going to hire some random guy and put his voice into chefs. This would be wierd but they will make up some crazy excuse for it....

I could see them bringing in chefs identical twin brother to play the new roll :(. I heard about his problems with the episode when it aired way back when, but since he hand't left I assumed he found a solution.

A little off-topic, but what really scares me about scientology is how the big celebrities seem to have a "scientology advisor" tagging along on press syndicates at premiers or one on one interviews.

That is sad, now who is going to sing Chocolate salty balls? Also he was one of my many favorite characters, he made me laugh the most in that episode where Stan gets served. I hope they dont kill off chef but add in a new voice, that way it would feel as though he hadnt left. Also offtopic sort of what is scientology?

That is sad, now who is going to sing Chocolate salty balls? Also he was one of my many favorite characters, he made me laugh the most in that episode where Stan gets served. I hope they dont kill off chef but add in a new voice, that way it would feel as though he hadnt left. Also offtopic sort of what is scientology?

He was underused anyway towards the later series. Notice that when South Park mock something his religion suddenly he raises issue over it. He's more than happy to take part in episodes mocking other religions/faiths. Edited by tt3 (see edit history)

Scientology is a religion. For information, go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology
Like savage said, they will probably just have someone else do Chef's voice. And when the people ask why his voice is different, they'll probably make up a STD that makes your voice sound different for the rest of your life (kinda like when your voice changes during puberty).

Scientology is a religion. For information, go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ScientologyLike savage said, they will probably just have someone else do Chef's voice. And when the people ask why his voice is different, they'll probably make up a STD that makes your voice sound different for the rest of your life (kinda like when your voice changes during puberty).

You can't replace the voice of Chef! Wouldn't be surprised if they just killed him off!

well I just found out that isaac hayes might come back it all depends on what happens behind the scenes, I read that they are going to take voice clips from previous episodes and put them together and that alot of works to mix and match. but hopefully he will come back and he the voice of chef again.

I have only read the news the other day at a local broadsheet here in the Philippines, and it says that the character of Chef has actually been killed already in a show. They put together the voice of the dubber from from other episode. And he was killed by getting chewed by cows or some other wild animals.We are not a South-Park-crazy country. Only a few people actually watch South Park here, and usually is is shown during the late hour of the night at the cable television because of its contents. So, most probably people here would not care if all of the characters get killed in the series.

I think he's the most hypocritcal person in the world right now. In fact, he still is 'cause I can't find someone to replace him. Like the co-creater of South Park said "He had no problem cashing checks that ripped on other religions" (more or less the correct quote). And scientology is *BLEEP* anyways. It doesn't have anything to do with science other than it was created by a science fiction author (that should give it away to anyone that it's complete bumpkiss!). *ahem* but I'm glad he left. Chef kinda was a pointless character and was phasing himself out with the new and improved cartmen. Oh man, I love the new cold-heartedness neo-nazi he is now! LOL! So good ridence, and as Kyle said on the scientology followup episoid: We shouldn't be mad at Chef, we should be mad at that screwy club he joined that scrambled his brain.kudos south park, keep on the path, don't give in to "religions"

He is a completely stupid. Oh, he doesn?t care when South Park laughs at christians, jewish, muslims, whatever. It?s like "Hey, I?m from a f*ckin' Hollywood sect. Respect me" :blink: Well... you knew perfectly that South Park is just about laughing at everybody and everything, so it?s your turn. What a lack of sense of humor!

So that rules Chef making a occasional one-off come back to South Park, unless if its in a main character's dreams... (ie Stan and girl troubles) or something..